Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go bin collection service?

Options
  • 09-10-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭

My refuse & recycling bin contract is nearly up. It's currently with Country Clean and it's €314 per annum. The thing is though that I only end up putting each bin out once every 6 weeks.

Is there a bin service that charges you based on the number of bins that you put out rather than a flat annual fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Kollect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mardyke wrote: »
    Kollect.ie

Does anyone have experience with this crowd?
    I often see Kollect bin around the place uncollected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I requested a call-back on their website last night (as it was after-hours) and they never rang me today which isn't a great sign from a business perspective. Usually companies bend over backwards for new customers.

Yep, signed up before the summer. All going fine so far. It seems to be a Country Clean truck collects the bins!

Very easy to top up your account and book collections online.

I think it'd suit a house that doesn't necessarily need a collection every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Unfortunately, Kollect are not currently accepting any new business in Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Unfortunately, Kollect are not currently accepting any new business in Cork City

Yes I’ve been told the same recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Got a text yesterday and Kollect.ie have moved all cork accounts over to Country Clean now so they no longer in cork - such a pity as it was a v good service. Must follow up now and see what this means not that they moved me to COuntry clean ... grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It think it's run by 5 year olds, luckily it seems to have be taken over by Country Clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

whatever76 wrote: »
    Got a text yesterday and Kollect.ie have moved all cork accounts over to Country Clean now so they no longer in cork - such a pity as it was a v good service. Must follow up now and see what this means not that they moved me to COuntry clean ... grrrr

The've said to me that they will continue the existing pay as you go service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheEyeonyrBack

I requested a callback and since then I just get spam texts every now and then. I understand that they don't operate anymore, but if I'm wrong I'd say you get what you pay. I was a greenstar customer, just for the record...

• Advertisement

Apparently Country Clean have been collecting for Konnect for the last six months. This was never declared to customers.

What would customers rights be now to have the contract cancelled and annual fee refunded?

Wiser do pay as you go if the collect in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Mardyke wrote: »
    Apparently Country Clean have been collecting for Konnect for the last six months. This was never declared to customers.

What would customers rights be now to have the contract cancelled and annual fee refunded?

Isn’t Konnect pay as you go, so no annual fee

Isn’t Konnect pay as you go, so no annual fee

Theyre done in Cork anyway but it was €45 retainer.

Country Clean seem like complete idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

We were with them. They gove refuse collection over to country clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Seems country clean are trying to take over the Cork market, about 5/6 years ago they bought out the troubled Healy Blue Bin company on Skehard Road, now Kollect. There was O’Donoghue’s waste but I haven’t seen them in a long time. Greenstar, owned my Panda are there alright, as are Wiser who tip all their collections in Greenstar’s Glanmire depot. So in time I suspect Greenstar or Country Clean to make a move for Wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

The council recycling centres take waste bags for €6 each. There is one on the link road and one out in raffeen by monkstown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

The council recycling centres take waste bags for €6 each. There is one on the link road and one out in raffeen by monkstown

Rafeen is v good ,40 kg bag of ashes a few times a year ( full to the neck + another bag 7/9 AFAIK ( remember) well worth the visit ,5/ 10 minutes from Carrigaline

Advertisement