Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Calendar

Options
  • 10-10-2019 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Hi!

What advent calenders are boardsies eyeing up this year?

I'm very tempted by the look fantastic one, the box looks very pretty so that's a bonus for next year :) I haven't looked inside yet!

I've only gotten the M&S one before but I've seen a review for this year and it's very skin care heavy (3 night cream!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The Space NK one looks good but I have so much stuff and am trying to simplify my routine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

There seems to be loads of advent calendars released this year. But they all appear to be getting dearer each year for what is effectively sample sizes and a load of packaging.
    That said: I am tempted with the cheaper l'Occitane one...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I am tempted by the look fantastic one but it doesn’t really seem to be much different from other years. I think I’ll avoid them all this year and just treat myself to a full size version of something. I never use all the products in the advent calendar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got the M&S one last year and loved the thrill of opening something every day, but I didn’t use the majority of products. I’m committed to my La Roche Posay moisturiser, and my hair type means I have to be careful about shampoos so there were loads of things I didn’t use.

I might look at the Look Fantastic one because I would like to have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Probably stick with chocolate myself. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I've had the M&S one, and the No7 one, and while I loved them. At the price point they are at, I am not sure I can justify either for bits I dont need (trying to simplify my make up and skincare collection).

Also not impressed that a lot seem to be 12 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I've had the M&S one, and the No7 one, and while I loved them. At the price point they are at, I am not sure I can justify either for bits I dont need (trying to simplify my make up and skincare collection).

Also not impressed that a lot seem to be 12 days!

I actually prefer the idea of a 12 days of Christmas, because you can actually gift that to someone on Christmas day and then they've 12 more days of presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

GingerLily wrote: »
    I actually prefer the idea of a 12 days of Christmas, because you can actually gift that to someone on Christmas day and then they've 12 more days of presents!

Yeah, its grand if its for someone else, but I was thinking about a gift from me to me :pac::pac::pac:

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Yeah, its grand if its for someone else, but I was thinking about a gift from me to me :pac::pac::pac:

Can't argue with that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Don't htink I'm going to go for a calander this year.

I went a bit mad on beauty boxes this year and therefore have a lot of random minis floating around.

Also I just got my paws on a box of Image MD skincare range (the good, prescription stuff) so I'm a bit focused on that right now.

And... I had a slip and ordered the Pixi X Asos box, which should arive today/tomorrow.

I just do not need more stuff!

• Advertisement

I bought the feel unique one!

In general I've not bought many beauty boxes and have finally streamlined my bathroom cabniet, so great excuse to add clutter!

I think if I didn't love the box so much I wouldn't have gone for it, but I'll reuse this every year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

GingerLily wrote: »
    Hi!

What advent calenders are boardsies eyeing up this year?

I'm very tempted by the look fantastic one, the box looks very pretty so that's a bonus for next year :) I haven't looked inside yet!

I've only gotten the M&S one before but I've seen a review for this year and it's very skin care heavy (3 night cream!)

Damn you GL,damn you for exposing my zero lack of control :o
    Your post sent me down a rabbit hole and my Lumene calendar has just been delivered.

I love trying now brands and I'd never heard of them before.

6412600807400.jpg?sw=1100&sh=1100&sm=fit

Advertisement