Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep icloud photos on iPhone, turn off icloud?

Options
  • 10-10-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi. I will try explain (Not the most tech savvy with apple / icloud / iTunes). Basically I have icloud enabled and have photos from there showing in my photos on my iphone. I want to turn off icloud for my photos but retain the current icloud ones on my iphone (i.e. have the icloud photos on my phone after icloud is switched off). Anyone know how to do this?

I notice when I go into settings - passwords & Accounts - iCloud - photos on, I can choose download and keep originals and then toggle iCloud Photos to off but will this delete the icloud photos on the phone or will this achieve what I am trying to do?

In short, have icloud photos on iphone, want to keep these icloud photos on my phone permanently when I turn off icloud...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless Apple has changed it then afaik when you disable iCloud Photos you'll be prompted to either delete photos from your iPhone or download and keep them. But you should enable download and keep originals first and wait for it to download everything to be sure that you have enough space.

Also I think once you disable iCloud Photos, then photos on the device will then be included in the daily backup, meaning you won't free up iCloud space, though you can disable this.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Thanks, that worked. Wasn't sure originally if that was what to do as when I selected download and keep originals and went to turn off icloud photos it gave a message of x amount of photos will be deleted - just had to wait for them to download fully to phone before switching it off.

Advertisement