Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router to add to my Hauwei B525

Options
  • 10-10-2019 1:13pm

hello, was thinking of buying the TP-Link TL-MR3420. I will be using it to connect to my B525 via rj45. Will this work or will it only work with dongle modems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

hello, was thinking of buying the TP-Link TL-MR3420. I will be using it to connect to my B525 via rj45. Will this work or will it only work with dongle modems?

TL-MR3420 is for dongles. The Huawei B525 is superior to it. What are you trying to do?

trying to bring wired connection to kids desktops in there bedrooms and have wireless also. The TL-WR841 is another i was looking at, would that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

trying to bring wired connection to kids desktops in there bedrooms and have wireless also. The TL-WR841 is another i was looking at, would that work.

The B525 has in-built wireless and 4 LAN(rj45) ports on the back. However, if you are wanting to bring a single wired connection to the bedroom and use a TL-WR841 or similar as a switch plus wireless access point, then yes that should work.

Jim

Perfect, thank you.

Advertisement