Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - Airport

Options
  • 10-10-2019 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Need advice from frequent airport users

Flight to catch Monday morning at 10:25

Do I:

A) Grab the Air coach at 8am, will that get me to airport on time, whats your experience.

B) Get a 7am DART to town then Aircoach from O Connell st.

Is there another way?

Not getting a taxi

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,725 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Aircoach definitely will not get you there on time if you leave at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I do that trip, but from Blackrock Dart. Get off at Pearse street. Walk down Lombard Street, and cross over the pedestrian bridge (Sean O Casey??). Cross the road and jump on the 747 or 757 outside Jurys.

Get to the bus stop for 8am, and you'll be in the airport 8:30 - 8:40. Loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I do that trip, but from Blackrock Dart. Get off at Pearse street. Walk down Lombard Street, and cross over the pedestrian bridge (Sean O Casey??). Cross the road and jump on the 747 or 757 outside Jurys.

Get to the bus stop for 8am, and you'll be in the airport 8:30 - 8:40. Loads of time.
    I wouldn't risk it on a Monday morning. Of course it depends on your destination and airline, but I usually leave Greystones 4 hours before a flight.

Bear in mind too that airport buses from O'Connell Street are often over subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Agree with JMRB. Leaving at 8am even in a car wouldnt guarantee you getting the flight, factoring in traffic, check-in, security and walk to gate.

• Advertisement

plan now to get DART at 7ish, into town, aircoach from O Connell St

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Cluster wrote: »
    Going through the city centre like that adds a lot of potential obstacles, and honestly I still don't think this is a good idea.

If I were you, I would take a direct bus (Aircoach or Airlink) leaving Greystones by 6.30 or O'Connell Street by 7.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

It worth remembering the 133 Wickla bus from the Grove Bar (plenty of parking round there) goes straight to the airport.

Unfortunately its not great it that hour of the morning though, as they may not stop to pick up passengers. They are a bit like that, you can be lucky... or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Can't say I would risk that, but hope it goes ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Why would you not just get the aircoach at 7am? Or earlier, and just have a coffee if you get to the airport with time to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Aircoach at 7am?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Delganyman

I've taken the 7am aircoach a couple of times and it takes at around 2 hours to the airport. You'll be on it for at least half an hour before it even gets out of Bray. You've then got all the fun of Blackrock and Ballsbridge before the docklands at rush hour.

If you have luggage or are traveling with kids the DART to town then change plan isn't all that practical. I've long since given up on the aircoach for mid morning or lunchtime flights and just drive now.

Jaysus...

jrmb wrote: »
    Going through the city centre like that adds a lot of potential obstacles, and honestly I still don't think this is a good idea.

If I were you, I would take a direct bus (Aircoach or Airlink) leaving Greystones by 6.30 or O'Connell Street by 7.30.

There's a bus at 6:10 from Charlesland, does that still leave at the roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just get the Dart into town and then either the 747 or 757 to the Airport (the latter stops across the road from Pearse Station). The Aircoach is slow at the best of times and the route it takes through town seems designed to hit the absolute worst of the traffic.

Advertisement