Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTTH - No ports available?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

As per Shyboys PM.

The DP has all 4 ports allocated, but the premise in question is one of them.

So the previous tenants may have cancelled with their provider, but their provider forgot to cancel upstream with OpenEIR.

That can be fixed ... but unlikely a mainstream provider will figure that one out.

The previous tenant could also still be paying for that line. That would not be a first either.

Thanks Martin, you are the first ISP to actually bother to look into the issue, so hats off to you!!

I have told the tenant to contact you (or the Airwire office) tomorrow so hopefully you will have a new FTTH customer shortly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Shyboy wrote: »
    Thanks Martin, you are the first ISP to actually bother to look into the issue, so hats off to you!!

I have told the tenant to contact you (or the Airwire office) tomorrow and hopefully you will have a new FTTH customer shortly. :)

I think Airwire are the only provider that will look into these issues.
    So is it fair to say without them people would just be left without service?

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Shyboy wrote: »

I have told the tenant to contact you (or the Airwire office) tomorrow so hopefully you will have a new FTTH customer shortly. :)

It's best to contact our sales or support team directly: http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/contact

I only respond to PMs and posts on boards sporadic, when time permits.

It's best to contact our sales or support team directly: http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/contact

I only respond to PMs and posts on boards sporadic, when time permits.

No problem, I totally understand, Martin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

More amazing incompetence from this industry. Digiweb, eir, Sky and Pure looked at this and none of them could figure it out. "Computer says no" is the answer. No desire to investigate issues. Shoddy, lazy, useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Cork981

As per Shyboys PM.

The DP has all 4 ports allocated, but the premise in question is one of them.

So the previous tenants may have cancelled with their provider, but their provider forgot to cancel upstream with OpenEIR.

That can be fixed ... but unlikely a mainstream provider will figure that one out.

The previous tenant could also still be paying for that line. That would not be a first either.

Brilliant stuff, no way would one of the mainstream providers ever have figured that out for you.

I was following this thread and from previous experience with Eir I had zero hope of you getting that problem resolved.

When my drop point goes live I know exactly which provider I’ll be going with.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

A little inside view .. on how we look at such a problem opposed to other providers:

49056355523_5af567ea8b_o.png

We have done extensive mapping of our own network, OpenEIRs network, SIROs network and whatever other data is available to us.

In this particular screenshot:
    - green checkmarks are OpenEIR FTTH enabled premises
    - red exclamation mark are premises marked as "Not available"
    - the flag is the premise in question

A further look at the underlying data tells us, that the premise has an active line. Most providers do not have imported, improved and optimised OpenEirs data to this extend, so they do not have this sort of overview, to identify the actual problem.

A little inside view .. on how we look at such a problem opposed to other providers:

49056355523_5af567ea8b_o.png

We have done extensive mapping of our own network, OpenEIRs network, SIROs network and whatever other data is available to us.

In this particular screenshot:
    - green checkmarks are OpenEIR FTTH enabled premises
    - red exclamation mark are premises marked as "Not available"
    - the flag is the premise in question

A further look at the underlying data tells us, that the premise has an active line. Most providers do not have imported, improved and optimised OpenEirs data to this extend, so they do not have this sort of overview, to identify the actual problem.

That is impressive, Martin. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Jasper1965

Shows what is possible with clever thinking and effort by Martin and the guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement