Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft Range Golden Ale - Hops mistake

Options
  • 10-10-2019 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    Just after doing my 3rd beer kit brew the 2 previously were coopers and didn't have any hops with the kits.
    I bought a Craft Range golden range kit and brewed it up on Saturday. The mistake I made is that i added the yeast and hops into the fermenting bucket at the same time, stirred them up and put the lid on. I've now read over the instructions and realized it told me to add the hops on day 8 of the fermentation. Will my brew now be ok or is it doomed?

Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Porter986 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just after doing my 3rd beer kit brew the 2 previously were coopers and didn't have any hops with the kits.
    I bought a Craft Range golden range kit and brewed it up on Saturday. The mistake I made is that i added the yeast and hops into the fermenting bucket at the same time, stirred them up and put the lid on. I've now read over the instructions and realized it told me to add the hops on day 8 of the fermentation. Will my brew now be ok or is it doomed?

Thanks for any advise.

It will be absolutely fine, you’ll lose a little of the hops aroma that’s all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Porter986

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear its still ok even if it will lose a bit of aroma. I was fearing it would be ruined.

Advertisement