Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six TD's and senators forced to refund illegitimate expense claims

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

10% of them are chosen at random each year for this audit, so they know that this is coming, and still persist with acting the maggot.

Like I said I think 250 quid of unaccountable expenses is taking the mick but it could have plausibly been an honest mistake. But a grand? Two grand?? Four fcucking grand!?? Get up the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What a fukin clown.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

LOL, Poor Simon has to rally party members who think the party is (quote) downtrodden.

FFS Simon, it's TOTALLY self inflicted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I see we are back to dumping any vaguely anti-FG political story in here like the last thread?

Not sure what a group of loyal and hardworking public representatives wanting to rise above the quagmire of negativity has to do with completely different set of public representatives who mis-declared their expense claims?

You might clarify Johnny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Ah Paddy, how is it negative to spread the world about FGs fabulous positivity seminar?

Now, let's all hold hands and it'll all be alright.

I see we are back to dumping any vaguely anti-FG political story in here like the last thread?

Not sure what a group of loyal and hardworking public representatives wanting to rise above the quagmire of negativity has to do with completely different set of public representatives who mis-declared their expense claims?

You might clarify Johnny?

Mind me asking, what is 'vague' about this story? The very first words used in it ( Headline ) is Fine Gael. That cannot be more clearer. As for the use of the word dumping? Johnny is only POSTING an article of interest to some people about FG. Nobody is asking you to read it.

Or have you now become a Mod and going to get this thread also closed?

You really cannot take the negativity can you paddy?

Here's another article which shows FG in a negative manner.

https://www.thejournal.ie/data-protection-budget-4848807-Oct2019/

Paschal cannot come up with this money, but FG had no problem giving ALL td's an increase a short while ago.

NOT ONE complaint afaik from any td objecting to this increase. Truth be known, they are ALL the same:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Don't rise to attempts to close this discussion down lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Michael Martin and FF must be very pleased. All they need to do is sit back, do nothing and watch their popularity increase.
    Fine Gael TDs are filling the headlines with dodgy practices and senior ministers are failing across the board.

• Advertisement

Michael Martin and FF must be very pleased. All they need to do is sit back, do nothing and watch their popularity increase.
    Fine Gael TDs are filling the headlines with dodgy practices and senior ministers are failing across the board.

And therein is the problem with politics in Ireland. FG are doing themselves no favors, but the alternative who bankrupted the country and saddled generations with debt just sit on their arses and bide their time.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Don't rise to attempts to close this discussion down lads.

Not easy Pinkyeye, not easy. But we MUST do our utmost and not get this one closed down.

And seeing as I have made 2 posts in a row, I cannot make a third in case I attract paddy”s ire lol

Nothing in the news since the expenses mis-calculation was first published.

No sign on Maria Bailey trending on twitter.

There hasn't even been a post in here all day.

This story doesn't seem to have much traction?

Do people not care as much or are developments in Brussels, Westminister and Syria stealing the headlines?

Nothing in the news since the expenses mis-calculation was first published.

No sign on Maria Bailey trending on twitter.

There hasn't even been a post in here all day.

This story doesn't seem to have much traction?

Do people not care as much or are developments in Brussels, Westminister and Syria stealing the headlines?

Is this the equivalent of just posting "bump"?

Is bailey to be trending on Twitter 24/7?

Oh and by the way. Today's Indo. link
    Fine Gael TD Maria Bailey recently withdrew an injury claim after falling from a swing in a Dublin hotel. The Irish Independent revealed how social media posts show she took part in a 10km race three weeks after the fall.

Court papers described her as a "keen runner prior to the accident but could not run at all for three months post-accident and has had to reduce her activities significantly since".

Ms Bailey later dropped the claim after coming under political pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

One mans :) miscalculation, is another mans attempted stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ignore, ignore, ignore.

I agree with you, Pinkyeye. It would appear that between paddy & emmet, they are taking turns in doing their ‘bit’ to have this thread go the same way as the last. Wonder where flash Johnny is?

As for paddy’s last comment? No comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

FG the largest party in the State, and young Leo’s approval rating gone to 51%. Some of the political pundits around here would have you believe we weren’t that far away from a revolution such was the levels of disillusion with the Government. What gives?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-varadkar-s-approval-rating-rises-above-50-1.4050285?mode=amp

As for my whereabouts, Wish, well I was off to the other side of the world on important company business. Back now for a few days, then off to the other side of the world for some rest and relaxation. Thanks for the enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

FG the largest party in the State, and young Leo’s approval rating gone to 51%. Some of the political pundits around here would have you believe we weren’t that far away from a revolution such was the levels of disillusion with the Government. What gives?

We re not ready for change, major parties such as fg and ff will always play a significant part in Irish governments, so role on same same

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Here's another article which shows FG in a negative manner.

https://www.thejournal.ie/data-protection-budget-4848807-Oct2019/

Paschal cannot come up with this money, but FG had no problem giving ALL td's an increase a short while ago.

NOT ONE complaint afaik from any td objecting to this increase. Truth be known, they are ALL the same:mad::mad::mad:
    That wasn't specifically aimed at them, it was a well-flagged PS pay increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    We re not ready for change, major parties such as fg and ff will always play a significant part in Irish governments, so role on same same
    What there is to change to offers no comfort to anyone save the much smaller numbers that support them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-varadkar-s-approval-rating-rises-above-50-1.4050285?mode=amp

As for my whereabouts, Wish, well I was off to the other side of the world on important company business. Back now for a few days, then off to the other side of the world for some rest and relaxation. Thanks for the enquiry.

I don't think it's revolution. I do think Fine Gael, specifically under Leo, with a nudge from Enda 'man with two pints' Kenny, has lost any credibility as being the more straight laced brother of Fianna Fail. So what are they left with? A different branding is all. The public will forgive and vote for a cute hoor far above a privileged condescending TD/Party, which is all Fine Gael are and in Fitzgerald, Harris, Murphy, Varadkar, Reilly, Bailey, Farrell et al. they've the best people in that category when you throw in alleged incompetence with Noonan as the questionable aul' Uncle lets the parish Bingo money rest in his account.

Nothing in the news since the expenses mis-calculation was first published.?

Paddy, I'm sorry to have to do this two days in a row, but it looks like Maria was once again making news today.

Madigan is latest FG TD to remove social media photo of Maria Bailey

Looks like even Maria's partner in crime is joining in on the ostracism of the poor woman. Was the "miscalculations" story the one that broke the camels back do you think?

Anyone still think this story is going away?

That's snakey. Dropping a pal for optics. Might make Maria more willing to drop Josepha from a height advice wise.

I wonder was their a time the ladies thought they were the FG equivalent of the Democrats 'Squad'? The squids?

That's snakey. Selling out a pal because for optics. Might make Maria more willing to drop Josepha from a height advice wise.

I wonder was their a time the ladies thought they were the FG equivalent of the Democrats 'Squad'? The squids?

Wait? Are you advocating people stand by "mates" if they think they have not behaved correctly?

Wait? Are you advocating people stand by "mates" if they think they have not behaved correctly?

'wait' isn't much of a question Paddy.
    Depends doesn't it?
    So you think Josepha believes Maria acted incorrectly, so much so that she's dropping any association with her? Does anyone in FG have any friends?

Paddy, I'm sorry to have to do this two days in a row, but it looks like Maria was once again making news today.

Madigan is latest FG TD to remove social media photo of Maria Bailey

Looks like even Maria's partner in crime is joining in on the ostracism of the poor woman. Was the "miscalculations" story the one that broke the camels back do you think?

Anyone still think this story is going away?

Well spotted by the Indo. They do love this story and will keep the pressure on Madigan who we all know is hiding the truth about her involvement with the completely bona fides insurance claim.

While I agree snow, prob best to edit that post.

The two second last words prob has a few of the lads hitting the report button only wanting the excuse to get the thread closed.

May I suggest "dodgy claim" as in hindsight, it certainly appeared so by anyone looking in, and the fact she dropped it, and a report finding she "overstated her injuries" - well then that cannot be questioned by people.

There's also the little uncomfortable statement Leo made about certain aspects of the tale/Maria's claim that he could not reconcile.

While I agree snow, prob best to edit that post.

The two second last words prob has a few of the lads hitting the report button only wanting the excuse to get the thread closed.

Sorry I did not know. I fixed the post.

• Advertisement

Sorry I did not know. I fixed the post.

Ha! That edits better than my suggestion:pac:

Advertisement