Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Sean-An Evening of Comedy In Aid of the Sean Cox Trust

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Nothing you can do. You have been scammed. You have lost the money and you have no ticket.

The facebook profile has since vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »

Ouch, sorry to hear that but lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As already said and not much use now but never ever buy a ticket without meeting seller face to face especially for email tickets unless they have good feedback, history or you know them.
    Doesn't work if person is far away but you can transfer tickets via T/M easy enough.
    Scammers don't like meeting up face to face as CCTV can be used to identify them.
    I always meet someone where there is CCTV and I'd say it to them after collecting the ticket.
    I'd guess that seller has probably sold on the same ticket many more times.
    Did you get a name, phone number or picture of the facebook to track him?
    You need to report it to the guards as well, you never know.
    Also if he sent a picture of the ticket, it may not be his as the original purchaser may have sold it on to someone else.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As already said and not much use now but never ever buy a ticket without meeting seller face to face especially for email tickets unless they have good feedback, history or you know them.
    Doesn't work if person is far away but you can transfer tickets via T/M easy enough.
    Scammers don't like meeting up face to face as CCTV can be used to identify them.
    I always meet someone where there is CCTV and I'd say it to them after collecting the ticket.
    I'd guess that seller has probably sold on the same ticket many more times.
    Did you get a name, phone number or picture of the facebook to track him?
    You need to report it to the guards as well, you never know.
    Also if he sent a picture of the ticket, it may not be his as the original purchaser may have sold it on to someone else.

The Facebook page was of a 24 year old women who lived in London but somehow worked in Dublin. They seemed so trustworthy and even questioned my honesty lol. Reported the profile to Facebook but nothing came from it and was same with PayPal. Never got done on Toutless and will never buy from Facebook again. They probably made up the location

Look lucky to have got a real ticket from TM and I'll enjoy the show. Enjoy everyone else too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

But at least you're going tonight. And hopefully you enjoy the night. Would be worse if you got scammed, and could't get ticket for gig. It will be a little more expensive than you would have liked, but it's only money at the end of the day. Over your lifetime you will have wasted many thousands of Euro on shlt that you will not really need.
    Have a good night.

• Advertisement

The Facebook page was of a 24 year old women who lived in London but somehow worked in Dublin. They seemed so trustworthy and even questioned my honesty lol. Reported the profile to Facebook but nothing came from it and was same with PayPal. Never got done on Toutless and will never buy from Facebook again. They probably made up the location

Look lucky to have got a real ticket from TM and I'll enjoy the show. Enjoy everyone else too

Facebook don't care about people getting scammed with false profiles, they never have and probably never will. :mad:
    They would have to employ thousands of people to remove all the fake accounts that are on it these days.

As said, at least you got a ticket, should be a cracker, enjoy.

I assume payment was by bank transfer?
    You could go to the guards and even though you probably have a false name
    with no facebook profile anymore, the guards can check with the bank and get the sellers name and address and do them for fraud?
    You know you have been done, there could be others?

I assume payment was by bank transfer?
    You could go to the guards and even though you probably have a false name
    with no facebook profile anymore, the guards can check with the bank and get the sellers name and address and do them for fraud?
    You know you have been done, there could be others?

Payment was through PayPal

They should refund you unless it was a friends and family payment?

They should refund you unless it was a friends and family payment?

It was that type sadly

Out of the lineup tonight I only ever heard/attended Tommy Tiernen and Des Bishop before. Would of heard the others in clips but looking forward never the less. Not a fan of Jason Byrne and Deirdre O Kane from the stuff I've seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

May of been scammed

I agreed to buy a ticket from someone on Facebook and they have me ticket and seating details and I accepted and agreed the sale for face value. I payed them the cost of the ticket and they said they would email me it but still haven't. I've been contacting them but nothing back from them

What should I do
    How did you pay them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Anyone have any idea what time this is actually kicking off. Hope to be inside by 8.

Anyone have any idea what time this is actually kicking off. Hope to be inside by 8.

Doors 18.30
    Show kicking off 8pm sharp

I imagine its 10 mins per comedian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Some single tickets have popped up on Ticketmaster now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Lesson learned unfortunately. I'm in a couple of FB collectors groups and only ever pay goods and services if have never dealt with them before because sadly, some people are cnuts. I'd say you aren't the only one that got duped I'd say. Report the person to PayPal, you won't get your money back but it might save someone else getting the shaft.

Jesus late finish had to power walk back to bus aras lol

Great night and all comedians were great and got the crowd interested

Lots of money raised for the cause and great to see sean cox himself there in such good spirits .great and friendly atmosphere all show

Noting to do with the show but RIP Neal Peart of the band rush. Was my first ever show alone in the point/3Arena/o2/o2.3 ha.

Advertisement