Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is invisalign any good?

• 10-10-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭

Mrs cyrus had braces as a teenager, the last couple of years one of her top front teeth has started to turn a little, its not that noticeable but she isnt happy about it and was thinking about invisalign to correct.

For something like this is it the best option, i think she was quoted around 3k which seemed expensive but what do i know :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

invisalign is a brand name for "aligner" treatment where a series of clear thin gumshields are used to move the teeth as opposed to wires fixed to the teeth. There is nothing particularly special about invisalign, although they are well made and have a long track history.

Aligners can work very well on the correct patient, however like any tool it depends on whether its the right tool for the job and the right person is wielding the tool.

3k seems quite normal but everything is case dependant.

If you are confident that the orthodontist or dentist is capable of achieving the result then trust they will use the correct tools to achieve it. I find that dentists or orthodontists that do all different kinds of braces tend to choose the correct one for your case. Dentists that only do one type tend to see all their problems as nails.

Advertisement