Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving security code to add new payee.

Options
  • 10-10-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to add a new payee online however I am not receiving the security code via sms text to activate it. My correct phone number is linked to my online account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Randall,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty receiving the security code. The first thing we would advise is to try again. You don't need to add the payee again, what we would suggest is to invalidate the code that was sent and get it reissued.

To do this, you can log back in to 365 Online (through the web browser on your phone/PC). Then go to Manage Accounts, Manage Payees and find the newly added payee. You should see an option to activate it and next it will ask you to enter the security code. Of course we know that you haven't received it so type in here any 7 digits 3 times. That will block out the old text and send you a new one.

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Hi Randall,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty receiving the security code. The first thing we would advise is to try again. You don't need to add the payee again, what we would suggest is to invalidate the code that was sent and get it reissued.

To do this, you can log back in to 365 Online (through the web browser on your phone/PC). Then go to Manage Accounts, Manage Payees and find the newly added payee. You should see an option to activate it and next it will ask you to enter the security code. Of course we know that you haven't received it so type in here any 7 digits 3 times. That will block out the old text and send you a new one.

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Hi Kat,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried the method you describe above and still have not received a new code.
    The payment is for a one off transaction with a unique reference etc.

Hi Randall, 

Thanks for coming back in with us.

Sorry to hear the above steps weren't successful for you. We linked in with our support team and they've checked that the text messages are sending on our side. We'd advise getting in touch with your mobile provider to look into this on their side for you.

Many thanks,
    Kat 

Hi Randall, 

Thanks for coming back in with us.

Sorry to hear the above steps weren't successful for you. We linked in with our support team and they've checked that the text messages are sending on our side. We'd advise getting in touch with your mobile provider to look into this on their side for you.

Many thanks,
    Kat 

Hi Kat,

I have requested an account statement via mobile and received a text confirmation with no issues so the problem seems to be affecting the payee security codes specifically. Are their any further options available to resolve this issue.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for linking back in with us here.

The text message you receive with an activation code is a security text. These kind of texts are a bit different in the way they are received and released by a mobile network.

Vodafone have confirmed on their social channels that they are currently experiencing difficulty releasing some security codes to their customers. They are working to resolve this at present. If you are a Vodafone customer we would advise linking in with them for more information on this.

If you are with a different mobile network we can certainly look into this on our end. To do this please send us a message from your 365 Online. You can log into 365 Online (through the web browser on your phone/PC) and on the left hand side it says Service Desk. There's a drop down menu here with a facility to "Ask a Question" and our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Advertisement

Hi Randall,

Thanks for linking back in with us here.

The text message you receive with an activation code is a security text. These kind of texts are a bit different in the way they are received and released by a mobile network.

Vodafone have confirmed on their social channels that they are currently experiencing difficulty releasing some security codes to their customers. They are working to resolve this at present. If you are a Vodafone customer we would advise linking in with them for more information on this.

If you are with a different mobile network we can certainly look into this on our end. To do this please send us a message from your 365 Online. You can log into 365 Online (through the web browser on your phone/PC) and on the left hand side it says Service Desk. There's a drop down menu here with a facility to "Ask a Question" and our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Hi Kat,

I am with Vodafone so that is most like the cause of the issue, I will follow up with them.

Thanks a million for your help.

You're very welcome Randall.

Thanks so much for getting in touch with us here today. We hope you have a lovely weekend.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sandrat

Any joy with Vodafone? I’ve been tying for weeks now with no success! Is there a way of adding a payee in branch? Haven’t time to wait for the post to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]We were made aware that a number of  Vodaphone customers have been experiencing some difficulties receiving the OTAC SMS. As the issue lies on Vodaphones side it would be necessary to link in with themselves directly as they should be in the position to confirm this with you.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks, Aisling.[/font]

Advertisement