Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move Entire E-Mail to another source and start afresh.

Options
  • 10-10-2019 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure where this post should be, if not here, please move as appropriate.

I want to transfer an e-mail address to another individual, and he will carry on with it from then..
    BUT .. I do not want to lose access to my old e-mail information going back to 2005 approx, and I do not with him to have access to them either.. ( it contains personal and business e-mail information ) I know ... Should have opened 2 seperate e-mails at the start but didn't

Can I take my e-mail address to date and move it to somewhere else ?
    And the e-mail address will carry on as it was.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to transfer an e-mail address to another individual, and he will carry on with it from then..
    BUT .. I do not want to lose access to my old e-mail information going back to 2005 approx, and I do not with him to have access to them either.. ( it contains personal and business e-mail information ) I know ... Should have opened 2 seperate e-mails at the start but didn't

Thanks

Jay

If we are talking about MS Outlook you can transfer all your old emails on an archive folder

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

The e-mail is xxxx@eircom.net.

Not sure if that helps??

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Hi,

Thanks

Jay

Bit more detail, who you with? outlook.com, O365, gmail, other?
    Edit:see its eircom. Is it loaded in outlook on PC? IS it set to keep copy on server?

Option with outlook:
    You create new outlook.com account and load it up on your PC in outlook along with old_account.

Drag&Drop, folder by folder, all your current structure from old_account to new_account within outlook and allow it to complete sync. This way all your Folders(including content) removed from old_account and will appear in new_account.

As safety measure, i would export old_account into .pst prior this action.

Its not ideal as there will/could be some leftovers, like deleted items ( can be restored for certain period of time ), list of contacts, calendar entries, etc. You wont be able to "move" Drafts or other "build-in" folders. You might need to review that before handout.

Option for Gmail see if it suitable for you

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/features/new-gmail-account-switch-migrate-1682770

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

HI,

Thanks for the information.
    The link is for "Move emails from one Gmail account to another".
    That's not what I need to do

Unfortunately " Its not ideal as there will/could be some leftovers, like deleted items ( can be restored for certain period of time ), list of contacts, calendar entries, etc. You wont be able to "move" Drafts or other "build-in" folders. You might need to review that before handout.".
    is not ideal either, There are loads of folders, not just files.

?????

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

HI,

Thanks for the information.
    The link is for "Move emails from one Gmail account to another".
    That's not what I need to do

Unfortunately " Its not ideal as there will/could be some leftovers, like deleted items ( can be restored for certain period of time ), list of contacts, calendar entries, etc. You wont be able to "move" Drafts or other "build-in" folders. You might need to review that before handout.".
    is not ideal either, There are loads of folders, not just files.

?????

Thanks

Jay
    Ideal would be if you wouldn't need to handle account over..., but that not seem to be an option here, isn't it
    As i said , move folders(with content), cleanup manually what cannot be moved by folders.
    Only a suggestion, might be yourself or some one has a better solution...

• Advertisement
Advertisement