Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problem

Options
  • 10-10-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

I posted in the worked a form years ago about the below and still not solved, it is driving me nuts....
    quote=Redriddick]Guys, I am having a problem with my wifi in the house.I have an archer c9 router and most of the devices can connect ok but I got a new phone Samsung a3 on marshmallow and it will connect but has no internet. I turned on the guest network and it works fine. I added a password on the guest wifi and it still works fine. It will not work on the normal wifi. I have tried: no passwords changing channel changing password encryption resetting router. I really am at a loss here and don't know where to go. Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Redriddick wrote: »
    I posted in the worked a form years ago about the below and still not solved, it is driving me nuts....
    quote=Redriddick]Guys, I am having a problem with my wifi in the house.I have an archer c9 router and most of the devices can connect ok but I got a new phone Samsung a3 on marshmallow and it will connect but has no internet. I turned on the guest network and it works fine. I added a password on the guest wifi and it still works fine. It will not work on the normal wifi. I have tried: no passwords changing channel changing password encryption resetting router. I really am at a loss here and don't know where to go. Any help would be great
    Is it able to connect and get internet on other WiFi access points(hot-spot from another phone, neighbor, work/school, free AP's in town)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Is it able to connect and get internet on other WiFi access points(hot-spot from another phone, neighbor, work/school, free AP's in town)?

Yep works fine in work. I use dnset app at home and the internet works. 2 Google homes connect fine at home too. I can't figure it out.

Yep works fine in work. I use dnset app at home and the internet works. 2 Google homes connect fine at home too. I can't figure it out.
    Have tried changing DNS on WiFi connection at home location on the phone?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBHyPYbmuw

Have tried changing DNS on WiFi connection at home location on the phone?

I set a static ip on the phone and set the dns to Google's, problem still persists

I set a static ip on the phone and set the dns to Google's, problem still persists
    And if set DNS to your gateway(router IP) as primary? second can stay as google.

Edit: static on the phone is not the one in use already? Set to high number as DHCP issue addresses in ascending order (usually).

• Advertisement

And if set DNS to your gateway(router IP) as primary? second can stay as google.

Primary and secondary dns in router set to Google. Static set on phone and dns set to Google on phone too

Primary and secondary dns in router set to Google. Static set on phone and dns set to Google on phone too
    Do you have any other routers serving for WiFi extension? Just check if you have no dual DHCP serving

Have you tried to set phone for dynamic IP and set reservation for phone MAC to specific IP?

Do you have any other routers serving for WiFi extension? Just check if you have no dual DHCP serving

Have ubiquiti ac lite and old eir router in bridge mode

Can you confirm no dual DHCP?
    try reservation on DHCP server serving device.

Kill eir router if not certain, leave one router only.

• Advertisement

Eir router has a different ssid than the ubiquity, will kill the for router and see

Its funny, I have a tablet running pre marshmallow and that works fine...

Its funny, I have a tablet running pre marshmallow and that works fine...
    leave ONLY one device capable for DHCP on the network, test.
    you might need to reset network config on the phone.

CMD on PC might show you some info

arp -a

Will try all that and report back, thanks for all the help

Just an fyi, the a3, a5, and two tablets are all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

It sounds like you are getting an ipv6 from your eir router. I had a similar problem with VM in bridge mode and I had to request to be assigned an ipv4

darconio wrote:
    It sounds like you are getting an ipv6 from your eir router. I had a similar problem with VM in bridge mode and I had to request to be assigned an ipv4

Cheers mate. I have turned off the old eir router in bridge mode and the problem seems to be gone. Will try other tablets and phones this evening.

Ok so i have tried all devices and ........all working perfectly now. Feckin old Eir router causing all the bother.

Ok so i have tried all devices and ........all working perfectly now. Feckin old Eir router causing all the bother.
    Only surprised it took over a year to figure that out :confused:

Anyway, happy surfing. :D

• Advertisement

Only surprised it took over a year to figure that out

Ya, just goes to show even with dhcp turned off the eir router in bridge mode was still causing the problem

The ubiquiti ac lite is some piece of kit. Covers the whole house with Wi-Fi so no need for that poxy eir router

Advertisement