Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch 5 Cellular In Ireland?

Options
  • 10-10-2019 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi, is the cellular version available in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

paul7g wrote: »
    Hi, is the cellular version available in Ireland?
    No intention to insult... what do you need that for?
    I mean smart watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭paul7g

No intention to insult... what do you need that for?
    I mean smart watch.

No intention to insult... but you sound as if I was asking for a very rare product lol :-)

I would like to be able to leave my phone at home / use it less and still be able to take a call if needed, plus there are a number of other reasons which are irrelevant to my question.

Anyway, anyone else know if they are coming to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

paul7g wrote: »
    No intention to insult... but you sound as if I was asking for a very rare product lol :-)

I would like to be able to leave my phone at home / use it less and still be able to take a call if needed, plus there are a number of other reasons which are irrelevant to my question.
    Its stylish... i get that.

all the rest is irrelevant... i get that too.

Sorry, cant answer your main Q

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Even if you could get it, I don't think it would work, it needs to be supported by the carriers: https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭paul7g

Its stylish... i get that.

all the rest is irrelevant... i get that too.

Sorry, cant answer your main Q

Thanks guys.

I actually don’t think they are stylish to be honest. I prefer a more traditional watch.

I always stayed clear of them as I didn’t want my wrist vibrating every time a notification was sent to my phone etc (yes, I know you can control that), however I have tried wearing one (non cellular) for the last week, and I’ve found it very productive.

I’ve spent far less time on my phone too - I.e - if an important email account receives an email, my wrist will let me know, same for calls... not interested in keeping up to date with WhatsApp conversations or anything else on my phone, hence I’d love to leave my phone at home as I could still operate calls and work emails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement