Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best security system for pets

Options
  • 10-10-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just in the process of buying my first home and would like to get a monitored home securtity system that doesn't break the bank but is also decent.
    Does anyone have experience of one with indoor pets?

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ideally get perimeter protection with inertia sensors & magnetic contacts.
    get motion sensors in the Hall/landing that can be pet immune/pet tolerant.

Most good systems can handle this no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Grooney93

Mod edit.

Two posts, both advertising on the forum. This is against the site and forum policy

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Spoke with Phone Watch and they told me their system won't work with pets as it could not be monitored with garda response due to pets roaming. (sounded expensive per month also).

Would other systems have the same issue? I'd rather a monitored one as opposed to one that just rings an alarm for 15 mins and switches off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Spoke with Phone Watch and they told me their system won't work with pets as it could not be monitored with garda response due to pets roaming. (sounded expensive per month also).

Would other systems have the same issue? I'd rather a monitored one as opposed to one that just rings an alarm for 15 mins and switches off?

Every alarm company in this country can get your system monitored by any one of the 18 or so professional monitoring companies in this country.
    Also pet immune beams are available off the shelf to professional installers.

Broaden your search, thankfully there is a lot more than PW out there, with their one fits all approach.

Check the PSA website for registered and licensed installers in your own area.

Advertisement