Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco ready to roll fondant icing?

Options
  • 11-10-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone uses this and if it's any good? I usually use Shamrock and just saw the Tesco own brand is half the price and I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on:
    - What it's like to roll/handle?
    - How does it taste?
    - How does it settle? Does it stay smooth, not crack, not discolor etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tip is to check the UK site for tesco stuff, as it has reviews, gets good reviews.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/250535520

They should really have the reviews on the Irish site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

It's ok, no better or worse than any supermarket stuff. Aldi/Lidl usually have it this time of year too. I don't think any of the small pack stuff in the supermarkets is near as good as the better brands you get from the sugarcraft suppliers. The supermarkets ones mainly lack good stretch so always have to be kept a bit on the thicker side, fine if you like it but a good elastic paste can be rolled super thin so taste is not as much of an issue as it's hardly the tastiest thing out there :)

Advertisement