Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card not Working Abroad (Georgia)

Options
  • 11-10-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a new bank debit card and pin from you last week but im in Georgia now and my card/pin isnt working.

Can you help me please?

Its urgent given circumstances 

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Jimjamcos,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today. 

We're so sorry to hear that you're having difficulty using your card. Since receiving your card last week, have you been able to activate it successfully? You can activate a Visa debit card at an ATM worldwide that has the Visa symbol displayed. 

Can we ask where you have attempted to use the card? (ATM, online, Chip and Pin etc) Also what error message are you receiving?

While using your card abroad you may be restricted to reduced ATM limits depending on the type of ATM you use and the country that you visit. Here is a link to our website's "Travel Tips" which has some more information on this. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/travelling-abroad/

Our customer service are on hand to look into this for you if you'd like to link in with them on 0035314044000. 

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement