Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steling account - options for private person in Ireland

• 11-10-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭

I want to hold some sterling. What is the easiest way to do this.
    I was googling but some are only for sterling payments in and out from uk.

I basically want to buy some sterling now for purchasing a car in the coming weeks / months so will need a good exchange rate and then hold the sterling until needed.

What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

mickdw wrote: »
    I want to hold some sterling. What is the easiest way to do this.
    I was googling but some are only for sterling payments in and out from uk.

I basically want to buy some sterling now for purchasing a car in the coming weeks / months so will need a good exchange rate and then hold the sterling until needed.

What should I do?

Get a Revolut account. All you need to do is download the app and sign up. Big thread about it here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057481488/803/#post111481144

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Neewollah

You can ask your bank to open up a Sterling account. I would be wary of using your bank to convert EUR to GBP as they can be quite expensive. I would recommend using a FX company to get a better rate on the GBP and get more value for your money.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Monese is another good option or Fire if you want to use an Irish company. All app-based.

Advertisement