Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline porting

Options
  • 11-10-2019 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a business and we have just moved 500m up the road and we got our new phone line activated today and I've just been told that it's not possible to get our old number activated on the new line because it's in a different exchange to where we have moved to. Are there any options or ways to get the old number at the new location? The network provider has said they can provide two options. 1. Have a recorded message when people ring the old number giving them our new number. 2. Put a divert on the old number to the new number but there will be a charge for this every time someone rings the old number and it's diverted to the new number.

I'd rather keep the old number without all this messing.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Port the old number from present provider to another ..... not a difficult process usually.

If the new location has reasonable internet connection then you can benefit from lower rate calls on VOIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aoifeisabelle

Port the old number from present provider to another ..... not a difficult process usually.

If the new location has reasonable internet connection then you can benefit from lower rate calls on VOIP.

Thanks for that!

Our phone currently spends a lot of the day diverted to a virtual receptionist. I presume this would still be possible with VOIP?

Would you have any recommendations for providers?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks for that!

Our phone currently spends a lot of the day diverted to a virtual receptionist. I presume this would still be possible with VOIP?

Would you have any recommendations for providers?

Thanks!

Diversion is possible, yes.

Who is your present ISP? They might be able to help with this if you are happy with them.

ELse Goldfish, Blueface and a few more are recommended in threads in this section of boards.

Advertisement