Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden charge for duplicate statement request

Options
  • 11-10-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I wish to make a complaint regarding paper account statements. I ordered from you online during the week. I needed account statements for my four bank accounts for the last six months on bank headed paper. I needed these for a new mortgage application via a broker. This morning I received the first of these statements. It was for my current account. It was black and white and stated the amount I had been charged for each page - €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every subsequent page.  I was not made aware of these charges on ordering. It merely states “charges may apply” and €23.80 has already been deducted from my credit card account. I would never have ordered this statement if it was going to cost this much. I mean someone didn’t have to run a big report or take a long time to carry out this task. They basically printed the statements that were already available to me via Banking365 and popped it in the post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

It's cheaper to request them using the data protections acts.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Demac,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We understand that you are frustrated and you may certainly raise a formal complaint regarding this. Please see the below link to our complaints process where you can log your dissatisfaction.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

When you order a duplicate statement via 365 Online it will explain that there are charges for duplicate statements and give the terms and conditions. In order to process the request it is necessary to tick a box that confirms you have read and agreed to the charges.

Your e-statements are also available for print and are the same as the statements we send via post.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement