Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gives little scrote a smack of a hurl and gets 4 year sentence?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

More accurately - 99% of people, including you, haven't the guts.

:pac: yeah people who assault teenagers with a weapon, lots of guts.

As I said above, it takes a coward to go for a weapon.

If this was the US it'd be a gun and the like of you would be saying "Ah yeah he was right to blow his head off he scratched his car sur".

Luckily laws still exist and aren't made by fools like you :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

This is just not believable.

If I was going to make up a profession I would come up with a much better one as a criminal barrister. Do you want my CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

joeguevara wrote: »
    It doesn't take guts to Chase a considerable distance and attack a 16 year old who may or may not have damaged your car.
    before or after you get staked ?

scamalert wrote: »
    before or after you get staked ?

Staked?

Staked?
    whatever word suits best for getting **** kicked out. As it does say attempt was made to hit the guy, so i wonder should he waited until hes down, or struck first - as that didn't happen ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

I worked as a criminal barrister for 10 years so am well aware of how things work. By your argument about having the book thrown at you if you dress in a suit and tie with no previous convictions would mean that our prisons would be full to the brim with people from good socio-economic backgrounds. The reality is that the majority of prisoners have never sat a state exam and over half leaving school by the age of 15.

In those 10 years as a barrister I never once saw a client high five any lawyer. As a barrister you have no relationship with a client and are totally agnostic to whether they are convicted as long as you put forward the best case within the law. The idea of high fiving gardai is as far removed from the truth as can be. Why go to the bother of investigation if you are going to high five them on the way out.

I have utter contempt for anyone who breaks the law. But I don't have an illusion of Justice. You have an illusion of suit wearing people being banged up carte blanche which is simply not true.

Is this post simply to try and sway people who have never stood in a court into believing this.Literally every single day in court this happens,and i mean literally and i challenge anybody to go and spend one day in court and see that this is exactly how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

THE MAN SHOULD GET A ****ING MEDAL

scamalert wrote: »
    whatever word suits best for getting **** kicked out.

It is rare that someone who may or may not have damaged your car runs a considerable distance away kicks the sh1t out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

If I was going to make up a profession I would come up with a much better one as a criminal barrister. Do you want my CV?

Not if you did it up yourself.

Your spelling and syntax are more 'defendant' than 'barrister'.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

No, they'd just start carrying knives.

If you're comparing damage to a car (a piece of metal) with nearly murdering a 16 year you're talking rubbish.

It takes a coward to go straight for a weapon, if he was a real man he would have ignored them.

just stand there and watch a bunch of young lads damage your car, come off it.

• Advertisement

Is this post simply to try and sway people who have never stood in a court into believing this.Literally every single day in court this happens,and i mean literally and i challenge anybody to go and spend one day in court and see that this is exactly how it works.

See how what works? The statistics show the majority of prisoners have never sat a state exam and over half left school by 15. No convictions and a stable job are used as mitigating factors in sentencing.

Can you show me one reportable case where someone in a suit and tie with no convictions received a harsher sentence than a 'tracksuit wearing skanger'.

And do you honestly think barristers high five the same skangers?

See how what works? The statistics show the majority of prisoners have never sat a state exam and over half left school by 15. No convictions and a stable job are used as mitigating factors in sentencing.

Can you show me one reportable case where someone in a suit and tie with no convictions received a harsher sentence than a 'tracksuit wearing skanger'.

the man who declared garlic as apples to the revenue got longer than most with double digit violent crime stats do.

Not if you did it up yourself.

Your spelling and syntax are more 'defendant' than 'barrister'.

Didn't know I was being judged on spelling or syntax. Touch phone isn't my strong point but I'm a better talker than speller anyway.

Your comment about defendant is obnoxious and uncalled for. I don't see what I said to provoke a personal insult.

:pac: yeah people who assault teenagers with a weapon, lots of guts.

Those 'teenagers' would smell the fear in you, and act accordingly.

Would you then refuse the help of an 'adult' to save your weak self ?

You would not.

the man who declared garlic as apples to the revenue got longer than most with double digit violent crime stats do.

The garlic case is brought up as a defense. The conviction was for multi million tax fraud and has different sentencing guidelines. Can you show me a tracksuit wearing skanger' who received a lesser sentence for multi million tax fraud.

just stand there and watch a bunch of young lads damage your car, come off it.

Any sane man, who isn't a thug, would walk outside and clear them off, without needing a weapon.

The garlic case is brought up as a defense. The conviction was for multi million tax fraud and has different sentencing guidelines. Can you show me a tracksuit wearing skanger' who received a lesser sentence for multi million tax fraud.

literally every high level drug dealer who isnt currently inside....

Those 'teenagers' would smell the fear in you, and act accordingly.

Would you then refuse the help of an 'adult' to save your weak self ?

You would not.

I have been in these situations but I'm secure enough in myself not to need a weapon.

The only person 'smelling of fear' was the guilty party.

Didn't know I was being judged on spelling or syntax. Touch phone isn't my strong point but I'm a better talker than speller anyway.

Your comment about defendant is obnoxious and uncalled for. I don't see what I said to provoke a personal insult.

Are you honestly going to blame the touch phone for these crimes against the English language ?
    Was there no crimes committed when children were beaten with sticks? Does that extend also to giving teachers the power to use the leather like was prevalent in Christian Brothers schools?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111500645&postcount=236
    Where does it say anywhere that the 20 people were terrorising Mr. Curtis. That is quite a leap to make. Was any other damage to anyone's property done? Was any other reports of anti-social behaviour reported by other neighbours who didn't go out with a Hurley. Usually if terrorising occurs there is multiple reports and damage is not a single occurrence.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111501655&postcount=262

Go on out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

If you are a Barrister you are being outright deceitful in all your posts,because i have seen the system at length and i know how it works.

Lawyers and guards fist pumping the tracksuits with a string of convictions and they walk with a slap on the wrist.The honest guy with no convictions in the suit gets screwed every time.Every single day in court every single day it happens,so preach to people around here that were never in court.

• Advertisement

I have been in these situations but I'm secure enough in myself not to need a weapon.

I see lamb.

To the slaughter.

a bit of irony in there, once state hurts sure lets use full force of law then :rolleyes: good to know at least those responsible for law make sure to cover themselves first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

I never get this attitude of ah sure it's only a car or a piece of metal. Personally I'm in a poor job I don't earn much money but I worked long and hard to buy a car - not a great one but its mine. So i should just stand aside if some cnut decides he or she wants to knock a mirror off or break a window for the craic or because they're bored? What a fcuking world we live in.

IMO property really should be considered an extension of one's self and if some scrote decides to steal or damage someone's property it should be classed as an attack on the person themselves. I would bet the people that have no problem with gangs of twats roaming around causing trouble are fairly affluent and if something they had was robbed or interfered with can just go and replace it on a whim.

All these little fcukers causing hassle can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

sonic85 wrote: »
    I never get this attitude of ah sure it's only a car or a piece of metal. Personally I'm in a poor job I don't earn much money but I worked long and hard to buy a car - not a great one but its mine. So i should just stand aside if some cnut decides he or she wants to knock a mirror off or break a window for the craic or because they're bored? What a fcuking world we live in.

It's people rationalising, and in a very sanctimonious way, their own meekness.

I see lamb.

To the slaughter.

You're projecting your own fears onto me mate, don't worry about me I'm fine and have always been able to take care of myself.

You're projecting your own fears onto me mate, don't worry about me I'm fine and have always been able to take care of myself.

By running away.

Hope it stays fine for you.

It's people rationalising, and in a very sanctimonious way, their own meekness.

Not being an total idiot, thug and lunatic isn't meekness.

If you are a Barrister you are being outright deceitful in all your posts,because i have seen the system at length and i know how it works.

Lawyers and guards fist pumping the tracksuits with a string of convictions and they walk with a slap on the wrist.The honest guy with no convictions in the suit gets screwed every time.Every single day in court every single day it happens,so preach to people around here that were never in court.

Disagreeing with someone and offering your experience as an argument. Calling someone deceitful is obnoxious.

I never saw the behaviour you posted and never did it myself and even if a case was won would never want to engage in what you describe as it's crass

As for honest guy with no convictions getting screwed isn't borne out by facts. On a like for like case it is usually the opposite.

By running away.

Hope it stays fine for you.

Yeah me too cheers.

Who's running away? :confused:

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »

IMO property really should be considered an extension of one's self and if some scrote decides to steal or damage someone's property it should be classed as an attack on the person themselves. I would bet the people that have no problem with gangs of twats roaming around causing trouble are fairly affluent and if something they had was robbed or interfered with can just go and replace it on a whim.

All these little fcukers causing hassle can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying damaging a car doesn't matter but there has to be some perspective.

Did you ever egg someone's house or something when you were a kid?

Would the owner have been ok smashing your skull in if he caught you?

People need to get a grip, snowflake is the word I think.

Advertisement