Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The kickstarter adventures of Sólás - solaswatches.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Thirdfox wrote: »
    And I've been up since 6:30 trying to get some work (job job) done in advance so can spend a few more minutes looking at the page today :D

Well done and best of luck!!

I’ll be hitting F5 on KS from 9.18. :) Definitely a watch with a story that I want! (Or maybe a present for the OH - but I’m saying nothing to him in case I want to keep it for myself!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Best of luck with the launch, looks great, if you require assistance in the future contact me, Redskyeurope based in Kilkenny work with a number of Kickstarter projects, fulfilling ecommerce orders and organising shipments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Ready and waiting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick [or whatever a high beat micro-rotor movement sounds like...]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭This is it

In :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

I've given my pledge there, 12 within a minute. Here's hoping it's fully done by the end of the day for you, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Dev1234

Backed - best of luck TF.

In sure it will be an exciting day and I would love to see all your hard work pay off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Yay! Was quick off the blocks and got the cheapest early bird, gone already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Yay! Was quick off the blocks and got the cheapest early bird, gone already!

missed out because I had to input the credit card details .... got one at €379, looking for second now (one for me one for father in law)

there isn't an option to purchase a second one at €379 - is there a work around ? to purchase multiples or do I need to order one at €399 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very happy to be able to support this project. Hope the rest of the launch goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Got one at 369. Best of luck with the launch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Wow! That was a rocketing start.

Can’t wait for my watch. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Backed, best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

missed out because I had to input the credit card details .... got one at €379, looking for second now (one for me one for father in law)

there isn't an option to purchase a second one at €379 - is there a work around ? to purchase multiples or do I need to order one at €399 ?

:o I didn't expect people to want to buy multiples - it's not something I can actually easily fix since I've priced everything at so that I'm just under the tax band for VAT - it's different to those campaigns who just want as much as possible - I want as much as possible up to 394...and then I literally can't offer any more without adding on taxes for everyone so... I think you may have to go with the 399 option.

I'd be happy to offer you a refund of the difference though if you get a 399 option too.

We won't have this problem with the next project (touch wood) - as the company will be liable for VAT at that stage.

:o I didn't expect people to want to buy multiples - it's not something I can actually easily fix since I've priced everything at so that I'm just under the tax band for VAT - it's different to those campaigns who just want as much as possible - I want as much as possible up to 394...and then I literally can't offer any more without adding on taxes for everyone so... I think you may have to go with the 399 option.

I'd be happy to offer you a refund of the difference though if you get a 399 option too.

We won't have this problem with the next project (touch wood) - as the company will be liable for VAT at that stage.

it won't allow me to do it ... I can vary the amount pledged but doesn't change anything or say what I've backed, I've managed to back one so father in law will get a surprise next year sometime !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

it won't allow me to do it ... I can vary the amount pledged but doesn't change anything or say what I've backed, I've managed to back one so father in law will get a surprise next year sometime !

Create another Kickstarter account?

Ahh - here's the easy solution then - vary your pledge amount and add in another 369 - and I'll add in another Starlight into the pledge.

https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005132333-Can-I-pledge-to-a-single-project-more-than-once-

Can't pledge more than once - but for people who got in at a lower price I'll add in a second at the same price - just modify the pledge to 2x 3x 20x :p the pledge amount and I'll provide as needed.

I'll then subtract that value from the 399 options to ensure we stay under the limit.

I'll add a FAQ to this now (you're not the first person who wanted more than one IPD! :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Got one at 349 - best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

"Watches sent to Ireland - December/January 2020 - at this time the watches will be shipped to Ireland where the Irish made straps will be waiting for them. I will personally perform another round of QC on the received stock (with my own timegrapher) and regulate any watches that need further tuning. WR testing will be performed on a randomised sample of watches too. At this point I will assemble the Irish straps on to the clasps and watches.

Watch delivery - February 2020 - I expect that by February 2020 the all backers' Starlights will be sent out to backers across the world via registered post with tracking numbers. This time line has built in some buffers for unforeseen delays but if something particularly unexpected happens I will be sure to let backers know as soon as any delays crop up.
    "

Not sure if you can edit a Kickstarter but that should be Jan 2021 and Feb 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Got one.

• Advertisement

Ahh - here's the easy solution then - vary your pledge amount and add in another 369 - and I'll add in another Starlight into the pledge.

https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005132333-Can-I-pledge-to-a-single-project-more-than-once-

Can't pledge more than once - but for people who got in at a lower price I'll add in a second at the same price - just modify the pledge to 2x 3x 20x :p the pledge amount and I'll provide as needed.

I'll then subtract that value from the 399 options to ensure we stay under the limit.

I'll add a FAQ to this now (you're not the first person who wanted more than one IPD! :)

pledge value is now €778

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I know you said this earlier on thread, but I can't find it, what's the next number we are looking for in terms of pledges for this being a viable production reality for you?

pledge value is now €778
    dakar wrote: »
    I know you said this earlier on thread, but I can't find it, what's the next number we are looking for in terms of pledges for this being a viable production reality for you?

Oh could I mention actually - again this is purely something for the Kickstarter algorithms - it would be great if people could (I feel like one of those 20 year old Youtube creators now) "leave a comment, like and subscribe" - i.e. if you have any questions asking them on KS would be best as it helps me to concentrate my attention there and it apparently helps with KS's determination of which projects are worth promoting.

IPD - I'm happy to go with 2 x 369 + 10 shipping so 748 is all that's needed not 778 :)

But yeah - if people could leave the messages/questions on KS that would be really helpful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Arse, missed out on both the early bird offers already!

Edit: I see a lot of the text in your campaign seems to be pictures of text from your website - could that affect SEO as it's not searchable?

Good question - but you'll see that almost all kickstarter projects use images rather than text as KS's editing software is absolutely terrible - I actually learnt the trick of using the images rather than text formatting.

SEO doesn't work for kickstarter projects anyway I think - I don't if you search for "affordable watch" you'll ever find a Google search result pointing to a KS project. So it needs people to be directed to it from outside (instagram, facebook, forums, youtube etc.)

Getting to 50 from mainly Ireland itself is a pretty good result I think - the Americans will be waking up in a few hours time and Nick/Perth WAtch reviews will be coming (Nick's later today).

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Argh, didn't realise card wouldn't be charged straight away so didn't buy one! Damnit! 25% off price it is so 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Just got one there, best of luck hope you get the backing needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭mountain

I’m in too.

Best of luck with the project,
    I’ve followed you on here and I’m delighted to see your hard work come to fruition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    Just realised my results are out on the 6th, if I finish the year above a 3.4, it's a sign I should buy a starlight then I suppose ;)
    Out before 9:19am? You might not want to wait too long afterwards then...

banie01 wrote: »
    Out at 9am.
    Definitely a sign

Didn't quite get the 3.4, and was quite disappointed too until I remembered I have an I-Grade to submit in August that will get me back over the top.

I did get a 349 in terms of grabbing a starlight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Missed the €349 offer and I'm kicking myself. But big congratulations on the successful launch Thirdfox. It is a real beauty

Advertisement