Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The kickstarter adventures of Sólás - solaswatches.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

antodeco wrote: »
    Argh, didn't realise card wouldn't be charged straight away so didn't buy one! Damnit! 25% off price it is so ��

From my experience towards the closing date of a campaign (and when people get closed to being charged) some backers will back out - I'm not sure if many/any will for the Starlight though. I know on the Hamtun H2 which I backed - in the last couple of days as some people decide to back out I was able to get an early bird price despite backing in almost at the very end.
    banie01 wrote: »
    Didn't quite get the 3.4, and was quite disappointed too until I remembered I have an I-Grade to submit in August that will get me back over the top.

I did get a 349 in terms of grabbing a starlight though.

So if you manage to raise you GPA to 3.6 does that mean you're upping the pledge? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thirdfox wrote: »

So if you manage to raise you GPA to 3.6 does that mean you're upping the pledge? :p

That'd be stretching my abilities :pac:
    I don't quite know how I'm doing even as well as I have already.

All of Semester 1 was undertaken on a cocktail of Opioids and other meds, and Semester 2....
    Well that was an occasional zoom call and readingsthat I paid so little attention to, that I couldn't remember what 1 of my modules was until I read the transcript this morning ;) all while still on the meds.

I'd up the pledge for a guaranteed spot on the next models early bird price tho :P

Seriously tho, I am delighted to see how well the 1st 3 hrs have gone!
    It's a strange vicarious feeling of being delighted for your success and knowing that boards somehow "helped".
    From the charity drive, thru to all the spitballing and your own determination to get your watch, your way.

Fingers crossed the US comes in hard in a couple of hours but I don't think you will have any issue hitting the funding goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Backed at €369, for what will be my 2nd ever mechanical (auto) watch, and first ever micro-rotor!
    Funnily enough, this will cost almost the same as what I managed to get my Hamilton Khaki Field Auto for.

The very best of luck with it all!

It was my first micro-rotor watch too ha - you're doing very well getting a micro-rotor as a second mechanical ;) - probably my 25th now...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

From my experience towards the closing date of a campaign (and when people get closed to being charged) some backers will back out -

I backed it anyway. As PM'd before, it's for my daughter's 18th (end of next year) so whatever the cost is, it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Out of interest, are there stats on when backers typically sign-up? e.g. is it a U shape with more interest at the start & end, or is pretty steady throughout?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭This is it

I'm checking it every hour or so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looking forward to the photos thread when these are delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

@ThirdFox,

On the kickstarter, there's a typo on delivery date

"Watch delivery - February 2020 - I expect that by February 2020 the all backers' Starlights" - probably meant 2021 I guess.

Just want to help you avoid confusion among potential backers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

58 backers already!!

Am I right in saying that this is before the reviews from the "big" YouTubers?

Great stuff

• Advertisement

58 backers already!!

Great stuff

Eoin wrote: »
    Out of interest, are there stats on when backers typically sign-up? e.g. is it a U shape with more interest at the start & end, or is pretty steady throughout?

I think for the Starlight it'll have a few peaks as various reviews come out and they weren't all timed for the same time (something paid reviews can stipulate :D )

Let's see where we end up at the end of the day - hopefully it would be closer to 50% than not.
    58 backers already!!

Great stuff

Nick's (110k subscribers) review along with Perth WAtch's (26k subscribers) review is still to come amongst the "big" Youtubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Just backed it, i only just saw the email so i missed out the early bird :(

Time wrote: »
    Just backed it, i only just saw the email so i missed out the early bird :(

If it's any consolation the early birds were gone within the first 7-8 minutes of 9:19am...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mountain

If it's any consolation the early birds were gone within the first 7-8 minutes of 9:19am...

The 329 were gone at 9.22....

I had to find my eircode and missed out as a result

mountain wrote: »
    The 329 were gone at 9.22....

I had to find my eircode and missed out as a result

Woops, I thought it was a generic question related to the card payment rather than anything for the watch, I only put my local town for the postcode :D

@Thirdfox, let me know if that's an issue? :D

Oh I think it can still be updated even after the campaign ends so no worries. And if you can get mail with just your town name without eircode then it shouldn't be an issue for registered post afterwards.

Oh I think it can still be updated even after the campaign ends so no worries. And if you can get mail with just your town name without eircode then it shouldn't be an issue for registered post afterwards.

Yep just edited it now. Hopefully I haven't some how pledged twice... Can't afford two :D

This is it wrote: »
    Yep just edited it now. Hopefully I haven't some how pledged twice... Can't afford two :D

Well you did enter the draw too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭ax530

Well done, I have loved reading this thread for some time. Backed it ! pleased to be on this leg of the journey

• Advertisement

Well you did enter the draw too :D

I had planned on gifting that to the gentleman I visit through Alone's volunteer service but he sadly passed away recently. I'll be at odds if I do win it but I'll find a suitable place for it :)

In terms of € Thirdfox, what's the target so that the watch will be made? Obviously all watches gone would be ideal but what's the lowest amount where it can still go ahead?

The funding goal is the real funding goal and minimum target that is needed - we are currently at 36% - I'll be posting an update shortly asking backers to do their part in promoting knowledge of this watch on various forums if they are interested in getting the word out that this watch exists and seeing if there are other interested parties.

Btw minimum target means that I should make 0 profits on this watch - costs = revenue - so I can't go below this figure whatsoever.

36% isn't where I wanted to be at the start of day 2 and it seems like Nick's video didn't have as large as an effect as I would have hoped. Still time to tick towards 100% (and ideally more than that since every watch over 100% is when I actually start making funds towards next models etc.)

I'll be posting an update on KS soon - btw for those interested it was around 18% conversion rate from follower to backer (341 followers = 61 backers - about right).

The funding goal is the real funding goal and minimum target that is needed - we are currently at 36% - I'll be posting an update shortly asking backers to do their part in promoting knowledge of this watch on various forums if they are interested in getting the word out that this watch exists and seeing if there are other interested parties.

Btw minimum target means that I should make 0 profits on this watch - costs = revenue - so I can't go below this figure whatsoever.

36% isn't where I wanted to be at the start of day 2 and it seems like Nick's video didn't have as large as an effect as I would have hoped. Still time to tick towards 100% (and ideally more than that since every watch over 100% is when I actually start making funds towards next models etc.)

I'll be posting an update on KS soon - btw for those interested it was around 18% conversion rate from follower to backer (341 followers = 61 backers - about right).
    I wouldn't worry too much yet, personally it took me a few days to think about and decide I want the watch. I certainly wouldn't immediately commit 350 plus quid immediately after watching a review, I'd take a few days and read about it before committing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭redlead

I think possibly the issue with Nicks review is that knife reviews seem to be his main thing from looking at his page so the type of people who are interested in that probably wouldn't have a dress watch on the top of their watch list. In that regard, he's a 100k channel but not necessarily 100k of your target market as much a normal 100k watch reviewer might be. Someone like Teddy Baldassarre who's into dress watches would be ideal but I'd imagine you'd be into paid territory there.

Still plenty of time to go though so stay positive! The numbers are ticking up all the time. As John pointed out above, once the 349 offer is gone people aren't under a rush to buy so may take a few days to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

Given the positive reviews could these reviews be leveraged to convince someone like teddy to give it their review?

I've got Dave from Just The Watch onboard now :)

And we've reached 39% - let's try get that magic 50% asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭redlead

He's a really good one to have because he has 20k subscribers all interested in "affordable watches" and your watch is about as good value bang for buck dress watch as you'll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

How quick can you his review completed?

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    How quick can you his review completed?

Hopefully within the next two weeks.

Advertisement