Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve (v2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's a nice house, of course it is.

That's what 1.4 mill gets you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Ah stop 530k they were gone over 650k at the start and through in 100k plus for the garden!
    Omg , a joke - but I do like it , I’m just jealous!
    I recon that €530 doesn’t include the garden .. kitchen area is nice but upstairs is fairly normal and little or storage. Don’t like the fire or the full height kitchen “hole” ... no matter what way anyone looks at it it’s crazy money for a house in that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭KevRossi

No wife, no neighbors at the house warming?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

RioM wrote: »
    Expected to see her clinking a champagne glass at least

That was meant to be a reply on the wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

What's total cost incl buying house ? Looks great in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,393 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Is he married to Diarmaid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Thargor wrote: »
    How did they solve the stove issue? Wasnt paying attention.

They edited out , suddenly there’s the stove nothing about the flue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Bizzare how the wife won't even feature at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BillyLongsock

spending 1.5 million on a house and bumming favours from your family to do the garden

The da got him into rte there is an old late late with gaybo, and the da reciting some awful sh*ite about his kids. Dermot trying to pull every string to get the brother on tv the brother is desperate to be famous, tried standup comedy but it was all jokes about his family and being fat.
    Thats what this show was but the editing cut out a lot of the brother (poge).
    He still got an impression and a couple of jokes in.
    There will be a big push to get a show with the brother this year - they already presented a few ideas road trips two in a car and other stuff.
    Watch this space the brother will appear on more stuff.

KevRossi wrote: »
    No wife, no neighbors at the house warming?

Some craic if she divorces him soon ! And wants the house !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Muttley79

530k������ the builder quoted him over 600k last week and gone months been delayed and over spend on everything!!30k for front and whatever for back garden.dermot hasn’t a clue.constantly looking at a Ferrari for a fiesta price.totally unrealistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

How can he not talk about the final cost, this is what the nation has been waiting for!

Also for some cheap no-budget DIY garden he has an awful lot of expensive plants in it all of a sudden.
    (Not hating, I like the garden)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

No wife, no kids...strange ending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

LirW wrote: »
    How can he not talk about the final cost, this is what the nation has been waiting for!

Also for some cheap no-budget DIY garden he has an awful lot of expensive plants in it all of a sudden.
    (Not hating, I like the garden)

and a load of lovely green grass. twas a wildrerness at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

We have a shed that is near some high trees. I'm up on the roof at least twice a year cleaning leaves out of the guttering.
    That roof at the rear will be a pain in the arse. The first time they'll know about the leaves us when the whole thing is blocked.

Looking at the final part there, I'm surprised they could not have routed it down to the left where there was a support wall. Crazy decision - a prime example of form over function.
    An architect for me is someone who designs something to perform a task but makes it aesthetically appealing. Dermot forgot about the former here. There were not even any leave traps in the guttering. Plus, it will be a nightmare to get at to clean out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭20/20

Did they show any bathrooms ? or have I missed them.
    Always good laugh selecting showers tiles and toilets.
    Maybe that can be a special show later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

They edited out , suddenly there’s the stove nothing about the flue!

The stove they put in didn't need a flue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm sure it would be a beautiful house to live in but that front window and rear upstairs extension are just ott and in no way in keeping with the original house.

Lovely end job, it’s fab and I especially love the garden. I’d say as time goes on the garden will mature and grow. It was a bit annoying at times , but no point in going on about the cost of it on top on what he paid for the house. It’s obviously what he wants and where he wants it , for his wife and kids too. I wouldn’t say he’s too worried about costs, Dermot is on big money these days . Wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Bizzare how the wife won't even feature at the end

Bizarre that the girl values her privacy more than being on da tele. I'd say that's normal rather than bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Icsics wrote: »
    No wife, no kids...strange ending

I don't think they wanted to include a family party at the end because I'm fairly sure his wife didn't want to go on camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

NIMAN wrote: »
    It's a nice house, of course it is.

That's what 1.4 mill gets you.

If you haven’t got a nice house when you’re a well experienced architect, you’ve spent a vulgar amount of money, and the guts of 12 months on it then you’d have to wonder who will have a nice house.
    If I had to come home from work everyday and look at that big square window at the front gaping out at me I’d cry. The back garden is good. The rest of the house is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be a beautiful house to live in but that front window and rear upstairs extension are just ott and in no way in keeping with the original house.

If it wasnt dermot bannon would they have got planning for the box at the front?

Muttley79 wrote: »
    530k������ the builder quoted him over 600k last week and gone months been delayed and over spend on everything!!30k for front and whatever for back garden.dermot hasn’t a clue.constantly looking at a Ferrari for a fiesta price.totally unrealistic

But he got his Ferrari, god loves a chancer !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

He should have invited all the previous RTI clients and the builders he had worked with to his own housewarming. Would have been a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Where does he keep his bins. I'd love to know about the small design features like that.

Car99 wrote: »
    If it wasnt dermot bannon would they have got planning for the box at the front?

Where are the old doors and the brass knob gone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

minikin wrote: »
    He should have invited all the previous RTI clients and the builders he had worked with to his own housewarming. Would have been a nice touch.

It would be awkward with the one's that sued him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭ax530

Floors very nice. Disappointing they did not reveal accurate price. Guess 530k was build not including finishings & outdoor. Even to get water & electricity down to shed would be more than 5k.
    Not so keen on the strip lighting but guess that something hard to get from TV.
    Lovely house wishing them the best. Not what I'd spend 1.3mil on if I had it.
    Liked the house visited I'll say again ( as RTE might be reading) a house show where different architect s, variety of styles and budgets would be better and as mentioned earlier in post more details into build and technical things not half hour taking about a bath.

• Advertisement

I don't think they wanted to include a family party at the end because I'm fairly sure his wife didn't want to go on camera.

She might be playing it safe - Everyone would recognise her with her bit on the side the next time there out !

Advertisement