Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

sydthebeat wrote: »
    if anyone actually believes there is some kind of "rule", written or otherwise, about players being exempt from criticism in the media then they are naive in the extreme.
    Of course there is no conspiracy but the fable of the Emperor's New Clothes is often apposite,,,,,or should that be the Emperor's New Unseen Work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Buer wrote: »
    Which one is he again? Is that the lad with the John Hayes hair doll or the lad from Meath who pretends he's from Kildare but wishes he was English?

Shots fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Her lack of an Academy Award is nothing short of a thundering disgrace.

Seriously? She is so average. Never makes a tackle, can't pass, doesn't even hit rucks. Might have a half-decent step but no way she is getting selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Seriously? She is so average. Never makes a tackle, can't pass, doesn't even hit rucks. Might have a half-decent step but no she is getting selected.

Lot of unseen work in the acting game, it's the not so flashy stuff that sets her apart

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭VayNiice

dub_skav wrote: »
    Lot of unseen work in the acting game, it's the not so flashy stuff that sets her apart

She can jump in the line out, gurn for 80 minutes and I hear she's got the clean and jerk record in the squad

• Advertisement

Sometimes find these guys can spoof a lot but I agree with an awful lot of this.

James Ryan probably is the obvious choice for Captain when you think about it.

O'Donoghue should be in the six nations camp - it's worthwhile as motivation for an incredibly gifted athlete.

And yeah - bring the older lads off the bench. Crowd will be all over it and the lads will have a lot of motivation to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭VayNiice

Sometimes find these guys can spoof a lot but I agree with an awful lot of this.

O'Donoghue should be in the six nations camp - it's worthwhile as motivation for an incredibly gifted athlete.

And yeah - bring the older lads off the bench. Crowd will be all over it and the lads will have a lot of motivation to show up.

I wouldn't recommend watching their latest video on picking their 6 nations 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Jack O'Donoghue? Jesus wept. Wouldn't be in the top 3 at any position

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Jack O'Donoghue? Jesus wept. Wouldn't be in the top 3 at any position

He can cover all 3 back-row positions tho, which makes him a versatile option for the sub back-row spot. And I think he's had his best half-season of rugby, on the back of returning from injury last season.

I'd say he's odds-against to feature but it wouldn't be the catastrophe you seem to be making it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ryan is probably about the only thing they have right. An absolutely load of guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Based on form this season JOD was very unlucky to miss out on the stocktake. The only thing I could see standing against him is his penalty count. Other than that he’s been brilliant everytime I’ve seen him. Definitely wouldn’t say there are three players ahead of him in every position.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Which one is he again? Is that the lad with the John Hayes hair doll or the lad from Meath who pretends he's from Kildare but wishes he was English?

I hope you have a great weekend

Here we are, talking about their ridiculous selection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

stephen_n wrote: »
    Based on form this season JOD was very unlucky to miss out on the stocktake. The only thing I could see standing against him is his penalty count. Other than that he’s been brilliant everytime I’ve seen him. Definitely wouldn’t say there are three players ahead of him in every position.

based on Stocktake squad...

6. POM, Rhys
    7. Josh, Connors
    8. Stander, Doris, Deegan

Then you could argue, of those to miss out on Stocktake squad, that at least Nordi would be ahead of him as a utility back row. So the point stands, there is a lot of people floating around either ahead of him or level.

Has IBF been replaced with a bot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

crisco10 wrote: »

6. POM, Rhys
    7. Josh, Connors

Then you could argue, of those to miss out on Stocktake squad, that at least Nordi would be ahead of him as a utility back row. So the point stands, there is a lot of people floating around either ahead of him or level.

I think based on the Stocktake and form you could look at it this way

6. Stander, Rhys, POM
    7. Josh, Connors
    8. Doris, Deegan, Stander

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Has IBF been replaced with a bot?

January is a rough time for ****e talk

6: Ruddock, Stander, Deegan
    7: VdF, Nordi, Penny
    8: Doris/Deegan, Nordi, Stander

That's without Leavy and Conan to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I hope you have a great weekend

Stiff upper lip and all that!

PS, stop trying to make me feel bad.

If Dave Kearney has another belter this weekend I could almost see him in the 23 for Scotland.

I don't know whether I want it more because he has earned it, or because the meltdown online will be delish.

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »

6. POM, Rhys
    7. Josh, Connors

On form I wouldn’t put POM ahead of him and he’s possibly neck and neck with Connors.

6: Ruddock, Stander, Deegan
    7: VdF, Nordi, Penny
    8: Doris/Deegan, Nordi, Stander

That's without Leavy and Conan to boot.

Putting Penny in there is actually a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Squad will probably be after last round of Champions Cup so will narrow down a few names. But sure where's the fun in that?! :P

Interesting that, on Second Captains, it was suggested that Andy Farrell will name his team on the Tuesday for the Scotland game. That's far more Gatland than Schmidt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Dave Kearney has another belter this weekend I could almost see him in the 23 for Scotland.

I don't know whether I want it more because he has earned it, or because the meltdown online will be delish.

On form, he's the best performing Irish winger at the moment. Stockdale has rediscovered his form too. Earls has gone the opposite way.

It would be a brave call to change our wingers but it's certainly not unwarranted. Conway, Stockdale and DK for the 23, for me. Earls has been a great servant but if he doesn't deliver in the next two games, his test career could wind down very abruptly given his age in a similar fashion to Andrew Trimble who started against NZ in Chicago but gained only a single sub cap after that month.

On form, he's the best performing Irish winger at the moment. Stockdale has rediscovered his form too. Earls has gone the opposite way.

It would be a brave call to change our wingers but it's certainly not unwarranted. Conway, Stockdale and DK for the 23, for me. Earls has been a great servant but if he doesn't deliver in the next two games, his test career could wind down very abruptly given his age in a similar fashion to Andrew Trimble who started against NZ in Chicago but gained only a single sub cap after that month.

Earls had been really brilliant for 2-3 season before the RWC, but the NZ game was one of the worst performances I think I've seen from him. It's been quite the drop off in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

aloooof wrote: »
    He can cover all 3 back-row positions tho, which makes him a versatile option for the sub back-row spot. And I think he's had his best half-season of rugby, on the back of returning from injury last season.

I'd say he's odds-against to feature but it wouldn't be the catastrophe you seem to be making it out to be.

Connors, Deegan and Doris are all better, JOD shouldnt be near the team

Connors, Deegan and Doris are all better, JOD shouldnt be near the team

You seem to have missed my point.

Connors is a 7. Deegan is an 8/6. Doris is an 8. JOD can play all 3 positions. That is what differentiates him from those guys that might get him into the 23, specifically into the #20 jersey. (And even at that, I said he's odds against). That's all I'm saying.

Putting Penny in there is actually a joke.

He's a better player now, and is only going to get better.

• Advertisement

He's a better player now, and is only going to get better.

Penny has 9 Pro14 starts to his name. He hasn't even appeared off the bench for Leinster in Europe yet. If he was close to international caps, he'd be getting European starts for Leinster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement