Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Didn't watch it. Absolutely shocked!
    It appears we're not a top 4 team after all. While Schmidt has been a great coach, I think he got stuck with his own style for us to play, and he couldn't or wouldn't attempt to very it.
    I think that it's good that he's leaving. We're stale and predictable. The top sides can beat us. We are a tunnel vision side.
    Anyway, there's always the hope that the future will be better. I think it will be.

We are a top 4 team

We have beaten all the top sides in the World

We came up against a very good NZ team and yes made some mistakes and some tactical mistakes but to throw out 6 years work because of one game is a bit over the top

nZ where incredible today, that has to be noted. We where poor as well and some of the players should be moved on, but trying to say we are not top 4 is incorrect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭Danthemanhere

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What a load of BS

England wanted him and offered him serious money....
    NZ could potentially still take him.....
    Any top job in the World and he would be one of the first on the list if not at the top.....

He is one of the best coach's in the World.

I don't think so now, this world cup has damaged his reputation.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    So long Joe. Greatest ever Ireland coach by a ludicrous margin. Not everything went his way but by god did he overcome a lot of mental hurdles in Irish rugby. Almost nothing we “haven’t done” now in the pro era except, alas, the World Cup semi. There were reasons etc etc. But it just leaves scope for someone else to do better. Nothing, absolutely nothing can take away from what he has done for Irish rugby in the last 10 years.

His world cup failures can't be ignored.

He'll rank above Kidney but after this world cup, just about.

Don’t be stupid

He won 3 6 nations in 6 years including a grand slam

Everything outside of the World can’t be ignored either

• Advertisement

Don’t be stupid

He won 3 6 nations in 6 years including a grand slam

Kidney won our first grand slam in how many years? Like I said, Schmidt is ahead of him but not by much now.

Everything outside of the World can’t be ignored either

Exactly as I said.

Kidney won our first grand slam in how many years? Like I said, Schmidt is ahead of him but not by much now.

1 Grand slam is now the same as 1 Grand Slam and 2 6 nations?

Tell me how you worked that one out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't think so now, this world cup has damaged his reputation.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's really no point arguing with posters who's entire argument is 'zero world cups therefore zero success'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Only 8 team get through to knock out, only 4 to semi. Is everyone who doesnt make it to a final a failure?

2015, a high rate of injuries against France affected selection against Argentina.

2019, knocked out against New Zealand. Who've been in a bit of a weird slump over the last few years, but were progressive this year and hot favourites to win the RWC. If anyone is still upset with the Japan match, they are being a bit too passionate.

Maybe you need to calm down and read posts properly?

There's really no point arguing with posters who's entire argument is 'zero world cups therefore zero success'.

Which would be an argument is we had a bucket load of 6 nations and Grand Slams....we are bottom of the pile in both bar Italy....

But based on some of the posts here you would expect we have won so many 6 nations we don’t need to care about it anymore

How so?

Lost to Japan, destroyed by New Zealand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TeddyTedhead

Ireland have improved in a great big long curve - that's the way to see it
    We punch above our weight
    We played an outstanding performance today from the probable winners and they reminded us we are not actually a scary team, YET. That said we made them look good by having a shocker and catching the ball helps somewhat in rugby.
    Farrell will freshen things up and I hope he starts afresh and builds a new team with youth on their side, the old guard need to go - including Murray and Sexton - we need to be ruthless if we want to change, and we will lose a few at first. When you have a confidence dip that turns into a team wrecking one and go into yet another RWC and flop despite being World number one coming into it, you make drastic and ruthless changes and drop the old underperforming guard out of it, and that includes Conor Murray

Quote me where I said that, thanks.

Maybe you need to calm down and read posts properly?

I read it, so explain your post

Very calm thank you for asking

Only 8 team get through to knock out, only 4 to semi. Is everyone who doesnt make it to a final a failure?

2015, a high rate of injuries against France affected selection against Argentina.

2019, knocked out against New Zealand. Who've been in a bit of a weird slump over the last few years, but were progressive this year and hot favourites to win the RWC. If anyone is still upset with the Japan match, they are being a bit too passionate.

Trying to brush over the embarrassing Japan defeat? You know, we wouldn't have been playing New Zealand if we beat Japan. Failure to qualify for a semi final is a failure.

I read it, so explain your post

Very calm thank you for asking

You don't seem to be. Read back and correct your misunderstanding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

How so?

Did you watch many of Ireland’s games ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Its a pity either Marmion or Cooney had not been playing for Leinster for the last two years . There was not enough competition on Murray and it has showed . He is nowhere near the player he was .

Sexton didn’t have enough competition for his place .

Same for Best .

Toner or Henderson . The World Cup suggests Toner should have been at the World cup .

O’Mahoney could do some good stuff and some dumb stuff i.e. as he did today .

Trying to brush over the embarrassing Japan defeat? You know, we wouldn't have been playing New Zealand if we beat Japan. Failure to qualify for a semi final is a failure.

No, I accept you've to take the bad with the good. Go in wanting to win, but dont take it for granted. Losses will come too. Its embarrassing for losses to push him out of favour. You can only play the hand your dealt, you really think there was no point in the plan where they felt, yeah, if we get New Zealand in the quarters, we'd get by them no problem?

You don't seem to be. Read back and correct your misunderstanding.

No I don’t understand, as I have asked please explain....

No, I accept you've to take the bad with the good. Go in wanting to win, but dont take it for granted. Losses will come too. Its embarrassing for losses to push him out of favour. You can only play the hand your dealt, you really think there was no point in the plan where they felt, yeah, if we get New Zealand in the quarters, we'd get by them no problem?

His preperation for this world cup was really bad. No plan, poor selections, poorly prepared players. It has damaged his standing, that's a fact.

Just seen Joe interview on the pitch, as usual he was correct in his points,

Maybe it’s is just people don’t appreciate till he is gone, I know do and will miss him

Funny even Hansen took time out to point out Joe and Rory for bringing ireland up to next level

No I don’t understand, as I have asked please explain....

Look at my comments, it's all explained.

Look at my comments, it's all explained.

No you haven’t, as expected you can’t....at least admit it

Did you watch many of Ireland’s games ?

Yes. As it so happens, theres very few I haven't watched over the last 11 years. And even I can see the difference between then and now. Someone's just trying to pin an old tail onto the wrong donkey.

No you haven’t, as expected you can’t because it’s a load of crap....at least admit it

Schmitds reputation is in tatters. He's now slightly above Kidney in the ranking of Ireland coaches. I've spelt it out for you there, no need for thanks though.

• Advertisement

Schmitds reputation is in tatters. He's now slightly above Kidney in the ranking of Ireland coaches. I've spelt it out for you there, no need for thanks though.

How? He won 1 Grand Slam and 2 6 nations

So how is it in tatters?

You spelt out nothing bar vague comments based on kidney who doesn’t even have close to Joe record at club level either

So again, please explain?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement