Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Lots of what appears to be Italian rugby fans floating around the city today. Decked out in their rugby attire.

As you say Bonnie, most people will have sunk a fair few quid into flights and accommodation so will still travel regardless.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

JRant wrote: »
    Lots of what appears to be Italian rugby fans floating around the city today. Decked out in their rugby attire.

As you say Bonnie, most people will have sunk a fair few quid into flights and accommodation so will still travel regardless.

A few quid v potential life threating disease

I think I would stay at home

Plus I thought rugby was only for the posh people who are all loaded, does a few quid really matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    A few quid v potential life threating disease

I think I would stay at home

Plus I thought rugby was only for the posh people who are all loaded, does a few quid really matter?

Not everyone who supports rugby works for the big 4 or has a daddy in KPMG :)

It seems official government policy is that travel to and from these areas is grand, just remember to wash your hands. So I can understand people still travelling over. Personally, I wouldn't but each to their own.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

So Varadker announces that there are no plans to cancel large scale gatherings...so why cancel the rugby.

Obviously public is infinitely more important, but rugby was a very easy target here.

It appears lots of Italians have come over anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

bilston wrote: »
    So Varadker announces that there are no plans to cancel large scale gatherings...so why cancel the rugby.

Obviously public is infinitely more important, but rugby was a very easy target here.

PP rugby. It gets played later in year. Nobody really loses out

PP Paddys day and the VAT revenue falls off a cliff

Harris being seen to be doing something tangible

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »

Really are people so that out of touch?

Event all over Dublin are been cancelled, even with a few hundred in attendance.

If its not on RTE does that mean people are unaware?

IT would be the height of stupidity to have a rugby match at the moment. It baffling that people are still whinging about it

Event all over Dublin are been cancelled, even with a few hundred in attendance.

IT would be the height of stupidity to have a rugby match at the moment. It baffling that people are still whinging about it

That's fair enough if it was consistent but its far from it. Paddys day with 300000 in dublin city centre alone is less of risk then 50000 at Aviva?

Sorry it doesn't add up.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    That's fair enough if it was consistent but its far from it. Paddys day with 300000 in dublin city centre alone is less of risk then 50000 at Aviva?

Sorry it doesn't add up.

Well if I google St Patrick day I see a list of parades cancelled.....

After that I dont know

I do know it is changing by the minute. SO talking about an event on the 7th v something on the 17th seems strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Sorry it doesn't add up.

It's not just about numbers, it's also about where they come from. If we had been playing Wales this weekend, it would be going ahead.

Well if I google St Patrick day I see a list of parades cancelled.....

After that I dont know

I do know it is changing by the minute. SO talking about an event on the 7th v something on the 17th seems strange

They are very quick to PP the rugby in same time frame though. I work in town. There is hundreds of Italians floating about town at 4.15 when I was heading home.

300000 next week due to attend Dublin parade. They have no idea where the majority of those overseas visitors in that 300000 have been in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Absolutely reeks of double standards. I have no problem with them postponing the match but the fact that St Patrick's Day parade is going ahead now is a farce.

Out of touch? Is that aimed at me?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

FFR are saying the France v Ireland game will definitely go ahead on the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Here it is:
    RT&#201 wrote:
    Ireland's Six Nations matches against France will go ahead, the hosts' rugby federation has confirmed.

There had been growing doubts about the viability of the fixtures involving the men's, women's and Under-20 sides on 13, 14 and 15 March due to the French government's announcement last week that all "confined" gatherings of more than 5,000 people have been cancelled as a measure to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

But in a statement on their website, the Fédération Française de Rugby (FFR) said: "Gatherings organised in open-air venues such as sporting events played in large stadiums like the France v Ireland fixtures on 13, 14 and 15 March will go ahead as long as it does not lead to the mixing of populations from areas where the Covid-19 virus is circulating."

Ireland's U20s will take on their French counterparts on Friday 13 March at 8pm at Stade Aime Giral.

The following day, Andy Farrell's senior men's team play against a France side still in the hunt for a grand slam - should they beat Scotland this Sunday - at the Stade de France.

The Irish women are in action on the Sunday at 3.35pm in Lille.

Irish teams are not in Six Nations action this weekend after games against Italy were called off.

Aside from the French teams' respective away assignments against Scotland this weekend, the England v Wales encounters are the only other fixtures going ahead.

Six Nations organisers had confirmed on Thursday that all fixtures - with the exception of Italy v England in the final round - were to go ahead as planned, including France v Ireland.

"As previously stated, Six Nations fully intends to complete all 15 games across all three championships when time allows," they added.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/0306/1120723-french-rugby-chiefs-confirm-ireland-match-will-go-ahead/

FFR statement:

https://www.ffr.fr/actualites/federation/information-coronavirus-covid-19

Surprised at that, but there you go.

We will see where we are by the middle of next week though.

Scotland women v France off. Scottish player tested positive for covid19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Women's Scotland v France off, Scottish player with covid 9

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

PP rugby. It gets played later in year. Nobody really loses out

PP Paddys day and the VAT revenue falls off a cliff

Harris being seen to be doing something tangible

PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Postpone would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Scotland women v France off. Scottish player tested positive for covid19
    Happy4all wrote: »
    Women's Scotland v France off, Scottish player with covid 9

What an epidemiological hipster.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

How exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Looks to be off. Midi also reporting that all this weekends games are now off.

https://twitter.com/RugbyramaFR/status/1236963106154217473

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Probably a bit of a blessing for the French as they're coming off the back of a bad beating with a 6 day turnaround and having lost a lot of important players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭techdiver

6 nations denying that Midi Olympique report according to rte.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/0309/1121090-six-nations-say-decision-not-yet-made-on-cancellations/

EDIT: Article updated to say it's postponed until October now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Could be interesting finish afterall..... :)

Larmour
    Conway
    Ringrose
    Aki
    Lowe
    Sexton
    Murray
    Doris
    Leavy
    Stander
    Henderson
    Ryan
    Furlong
    Kelleher
    Killer

Herring
    Healy
    Porter
    Dilane
    VDF
    Cooney
    Carbery
    Addison

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

theboss80 wrote: »
    Could be interesting finish afterall..... :)

Larmour
    Conway
    Ringrose
    Aki
    Lowe
    Sexton
    Murray
    Doris
    Leavy
    Stander
    Henderson
    Ryan
    Furlong
    Kelleher
    Killer

Herring
    Healy
    Porter
    Dilane
    VDF
    Cooney
    Carbery
    Addison

Lowe won’t be eligible in time

I think it's November for Low3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

I was wondering. He did sign in March though so not sure why its November - 3 year rule ? Anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

theboss80 wrote: »
    I was wondering. He did sign in March though so not sure why its November - 3 year rule ? Anybody know?

It’s based on residency not signing contracts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement