Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is making for an interesting...and sobering read for the short-term financial stability of the IRFU
    https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-rugby-restart-plan-to-hit-irfu-coffers-hard-39181219.html

We're going to have a brilliant rugby league side in 6 months time.
    Players will have to wear gloves, face masks and refrain from physical contact during sessions - effectively ruling out rucking, mauling, scrummaging and tackling, according to the guidelines which were compiled by medical experts including former IRFU doctor Éanna Falvey, who worked alongside Prav Mathema, Mary Horgan and Martin Raftery of World Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clegg wrote: »
    We're going to have a brilliant rugby league side in 6 months time.

I’m not sure what sort of rugby league has no tackling, it’s pretty much the most important part of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Does that mean you have to kick the ball away after the fifth non tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m not sure what sort of rugby league has no tackling, it’s pretty much the most important part of the game

Tag rugby it is with 2m long tags.. I may not have thought this fully through.. :pac:

IRFU have a statement about governmet's roadmap. Doesn't say a whole lot really.

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/05/05/irfu-statement-on-government-roadmap-for-reopening-society-business/

''The IRFU welcomes the release from the Government of Ireland of its Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business and the news that details of a similar roadmap will be issued by the UK Government on Sunday May 10th.

Rugby clubs are a vital amenity for fitness and wellbeing in local communities. It is a priority for Irish Rugby that these clubs play their part in the reopening of society.

The plan, published on Friday, is a huge step towards the reopening of our clubs and we will be working to fully understand the details of this plan with our friends and colleagues in Sport Ireland and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.

We will bring these learnings to the plans we have been working on to reopen, on a phased basis in line with government frameworks.

Public safety and adherence to public health measures are at the heart of this plan.

The IRFU will reach out to clubs when this planning process is complete.''

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

"If international competition is impossible, the union will hope to run an interprovincial tournament behind closed doors at the Aviva Stadium as early as possible. "

Why? Give players something to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »
    "If international competition is impossible, the union will hope to run an interprovincial tournament behind closed doors at the Aviva Stadium as early as possible. "

Prevent ring rust. Also certain players, particularly older ones but also younger ones with recurring problems, would find it difficult to return to the top level at all if they end up having to sit out a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Flog it to tv companies

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Do you just hate rugby or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

$$$$$ for TV revenue. The unions are desperate to get income back up and make sure broadcasters won't pull the plug on contracts etc.

Also, I'd be fúckin delighted to get any sort of live rugby in a couple of months to watch.

Stop being so miserable awec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

If any rugby tournament is to be held ..all players would have to cocoon 2 weeks before and after games....
    If there was a single case of Covid brought home to a family member & a death.... well, you can imagine the fallout from that

If the high accuracy tests become widely available then closed door sports or managed attendance sports can probably start to resume.

Couple of big if's and when's there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

TV money and gives us something to watch!

But they'd need make sure the testing capacity is available to test the players every couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

$$$$$ for TV revenue. The unions are desperate to get income back up and make sure broadcasters won't pull the plug on contracts etc.

Also, I'd be fúckin delighted to get any sort of live rugby in a couple of months to watch.

Stop being so miserable awec.

Any sort sort of live sport will do me at the minute.

I can't wait for this charity Golf match next week between Rory, DJ, Fowler and the young American dude in Florida!

World Rugby reckons it's at least 167 people to have a match behind closed doors that's broadcast. https://www.the42.ie/world-rugby-167-people-rugby-game-5092342-May2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clegg wrote: »

That seemed inevitable. Not sure why tour to Australia hasn't been cancelled yet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Eod100 wrote: »
    That seemed inevitable. Not sure why tour to Australia hasn't been cancelled yet tbh.

Once it’s cancelled people are eligible for a refund. Guess that’s the reason why Champions Cup is still postponed as opposed to cancelled for now despite the French clubs season being confirmed as over.

clsmooth wrote: »
    Once it’s cancelled people are eligible for a refund. Guess that’s the reason why Champions Cup is still postponed as opposed to cancelled for now despite the French clubs season being confirmed as over.

Ah yeah, that makes sense but even if they postponed it. No chance of it going ahead in July. I'm not sure how they plan to play 6N, July and November series before end of the year. Guess 6N would take precedence. The other one or 2 could fall by the wayside I think.

• Advertisement

jacothelad wrote: »

The Bank apologized and admitted wrong doing? It's the courts who won't annul the subsequent bankrupcy. Were there other debts?

The judge seems to be suggesting that the plaintiff should take a separate action for damages which they likely will do. The plaintiff bares some responsibility for not checking her bank account also.

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but banks in Ireland are very accommodating in comparison to plenty of other g20 countries when it comes to personal mortgages and arrears. It's remarkably difficult to lose your home.

Completely off topic either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jacothelad wrote: »

In this case I think BOI didn't help but based on the below it looks like something dodgy was going on.

When she sought to be adjudicated a bankrupt she believed she owed Bank of Ireland some €171,000 on foot of loans. Her then home was valued as being worth €73,000.
    She also had additional debts of €66,000 owed to Revenue and another bank.
    Ms Dennis claimed that had she had all the relevant information from Bank of Ireland in October 2017 she would not have sought to be adjudicated a bankrupt.

These case are awful but really you need to read the full story. How can you not realize for so long your repayment are too high?

I am not sure but wasn't most of these cases with PTSB and not BOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I am not sure but wasn't most of these cases with PTSB and not BOI?

Only the PTSB tracker mortgage ruling was published, the others haven't been released yet/adjudicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Just my 2 cents but when it comes down to PTSB vs BOI I think BOI has a bit more heft behind it so it would probably be more capable of making the step up to playing at international level than PTSB right now. Though PTSB is younger so it does have time to build up some of the bulk that is needed to make the step up

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://youtu.be/OXeOMKpa6CY

An under rated Irish performance against the All Blacks which is not widely talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

PTH2009 wrote: »

An under rated Irish performance against the All Blacks which is not widely talked about.

Watching that match in the middle of the night, believing so hard. Owens ****ed us imo, twice. Saying we'd signalled for the kick, then not giving us the penalty at the scrum in the end.

Edit: giving NZ the scrum at the death as well

Overshadowed by the 60-0. I felt like we had won when Dagg got that yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Muligatawney

I was lucky enough to go to the three matches on that tour. After this one I was so sure we'd have them in Hamilton... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Loved that series. The arrival of The Bus in the first test. I must have received over 100 text messages during the second half of the second test. It felt like nearly every Irish person I knew wanted to get in touch. The girlfriend (now wife) even got out of bed to watch the last 20 minutes. Then all week at work everyone was talking it up, feeling pretty confident about the 3rd test. Funnily enough, no one was replying to my texts during the 3rd test and the missus went back to bed after the first 20 or 30 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Loved that series. The arrival of The Bus in the first test. I must have received over 100 text messages during the second half of the second test. It felt like nearly every Irish person I knew wanted to get in touch. The girlfriend (now wife) even got out of bed to watch the last 20 minutes. Then all week at work everyone was talking it up, feeling pretty confident about the 3rd test. Funnily enough, no one was replying to my texts during the 3rd test and the missus went back to bed after the first 20 or 30 minutes.

I got married the day of the 60 nil. Pretty much everyone at the wedding would have got up that morning to watch. Bloody NZ trying to ruin my day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement