Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Farrell and Easterby are carryovers from a hopeless 2019. This is two years of rubbish with those two in the coaching setup. The injuries don't help, but a 13 point win against Georgia is pretty grim stuff.

There aren't many options in the squad right now to change things up for next week. It's a fairly meaningless game against a middling opponent, so I would put in EOS, Dillane and Daly.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Such a empty feeling after that performance. I feel like there was good and bad but overall not good enough from Ireland. Bearing in mind these non contests usually end the same way aka (Italy every year in the 6N usually ends up with huge frustration).
    Poor performing players... connors, bryne, ryan, bealan, Beirne, stander.
    My impression of Hugo is beginning to change.. beginning to look like an asset after all!(w
    Game seemed to change when burns goes off. Telling a story that he is next in line. With a groin strain next week is unlikely for him.
    Stockdale did well in patches but overall not up to the standard required. Actually starting to get really frustrated with him and the ability he has.
    Happy with Murray performance, felt like he was in control. Felt frustrated with the number of penalties taken instead of going to the corner. Gives the opposition a reprieve too easily.
    Herring did okay to get a start next week.
    Ryan was less than impressive - a star in the making but captaincy seems to hinder performance.
    Henderson - worked hard but no notable big moments.
    Earls- non existent
    Porter - sound
    Farrell - did well but unhappy with balance of midfield. Lacked potency
    Mccloskey- Felt like he showed his array of talent. But not that same affect he has with Ulster. Love to see a combination of games to keep him fluid in the team.

Farrell and Easterby are carryovers from a hopeless 2019. This is two years of rubbish with those two in the coaching setup. The injuries don't help, but a 13 point win against Georgia is pretty grim stuff.

There aren't many options in the squad right now to change things up for next week. It's a fairly meaningless game against a middling opponent, so I would put in EOS, Dillane and Daly.

Your “middling” assessment of Scotland shows your lack of knowledge of the game. Please review Scotland games and edit your comment. Makes you look like an I€I:od

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Ryan underwhelming last few games and I thought he looked tired early on. He has played a lot and I think should be on bench next week with Henderson and Beirne starting
    Stander could do with a rest as well probably. POM VDF Doris to start
    Praying that Leavy will come back soon.
    Always been a fan of Ross Byrne but it is clearly evident he is not a test level 10. There is no unpredictability in attack with him. He takes it deep and shovels it on and it is so easily telegraphed that the defence can just shoot up at centres. Would much rather have had Carty coming on.
    We really miss Ringrose and his creativity.
    Still don't think Stockdale is comfortable at fullback. Keenan had another solid performance and is very impressive under the high ball. I would have him at 15 next week. Lowe and Conway on wings with Stockdale 23.

It was hard to see many positives today other than a couple of solid individual performances. Lineout functioned better but was always going to be easier than last week.
    The lack of ball security at rucks was very concerning, as was the total lack of inventiveness, especially in 22. Seemed to be an over willingness to kick which through or over the defence which frustratingly was what I thought we really lacked against England's rush defence last week.

I was nervous about Scotland before today. Now I am very worried. They may be missing Russell and Hastings but they look solid enough at the minute and if we don't put in a vastly better performance, solid could be enough to beat us.

I posted this earlier....and I stick by it.
    I can't see us having a good 6n campaign under the current setup.
    I can see this being Leo's last campaign at Leinster if I was a betting man

If you think Leo the “lion” is going to be the next IRELAND manager , I would applaud you to review leo’s First half season in charge of Leinster

• Advertisement

If you think Leo the “lion” is going to be the next IRELAND manager , I would applaud you to review leo’s First half season in charge of Leinster

That the one after Matt O’Connor had destroyed them ? Judging a coach based on the first half of a season in charge rather than the entirety of his period in charge smacks of someone with an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Who only looks at the first 6 months of someone’s record when making a decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

If im honest overall there isnt much to really take from the match as its basically just a nothing fixture that nothing will be learnt from in a positive perspective and Georgia arent great. What we learnt from a negative perspecitve which I already knew is we need a second play maker, it was clear when we got the ball wide instead of having someone who can make something happen (for example, Ringrose) we had a winger playing at 15 and it was supper easy for Georgia to negate, they just needed to put extra men into the line, with a play maker they can spot a gap and if none appear they can put the ball in behind.

The one thing that really worries me which also worried me from last week is there really seems to be a real lack of heart in the team when the going gets tough just like in 2019, you can just see the last two weeks that when the pressure comes on England last week and Georgia this week the opposition really want it so much more than our players do and all they have to do is get in our face and we roll over, after today we can confirm that physicality is not an excuse anymore as that wasnt a big pack we were up against, yet we didnt have the heart to fight back whenever Georgia went for the ball, hell their centre was more of a threat at the breakdown than our backrow was which is a damning indictment of our packs performance.

Like ive said there really isnt much to take from today to tie into next week as its a completly different game to today as its quite clear today we never really left first gear which showed in the 2nd half when Georgia upped to intensity, in no scenario will first gear be enough next week so one way or another we will need to be better. Im more worried in attack because in reality despite us being brutal in that second half Georgia never really got within a sniff of scoring a try (only 18% territory) so its not like we will get smashed next week on the basis of this, we might not score tries but we wont all of a sudden get blitzed.

And once again, if we want this new style to work we need a second play maker, playing this style without a second play maker is like trying to drive a car with the hand break on, we will always struggle to be effective without one.

That the one after Matt O’Connor had destroyed them ? Judging a coach based on the first half of a season in charge rather than the entirety of his period in charge smacks of someone with an agenda.

Isnt that what the irish fans are doing with Farrell though? The fact his nationality keeps being brought in definetly smells of someone with an agenda.

salmocab wrote: »
    Who only looks at the first 6 months of someone’s record when making a decision?

Nearly every superficial fan like yourself apparently!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Should Donnacha Ryan and zebo have been let go!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Some Yoke wrote: »

Please don't do this.

Nearly every superficial fan like yourself apparently!!

What are you blithering about

What are you blithering about

Not sure you know what what blithering means. You blithering idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

i wanna blither too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

They're not slaves, they did not want to stay.

Not sure you know what what blithering means. You blithering idiot

Well you’re a delight I see

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Downlinz

No, the IRFU blundered in renewing Toner and Rob Kearney instead who were showing signs of decline at the time and it's telling that despite both still being available are no longer called upon.

Downlinz wrote: »
    No, the IRFU blundered in renewing Toner and Rob Kearney instead who were showing signs of decline at the time and it's telling that despite both still being available are no longer called upon.

Rob Kearney is no longer available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Someone stick in the Abe Simpson meme here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Zebo was a useful player for us and would be handy to have around the squad presently. Don't think he'd start or anything tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

zGHQb4O.gif

Well you’re a delight I see

Please concentrate on the aim of the discussion rather than shun commentators.
    I find it hard to have a discussion with non comments like yourself. Please learn yourself to our current standard you blithe ring gob ****e.

Rob Kearney is no longer available

Whom are you on about. Can you not look to the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

everyone yelling about Zebo and Ryan when there’s a Premiership winning 10 available in England and Ross Byrne is located in the car park still waiting for a pass to start a back line move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Enough out of you. Ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Saw this posted elsewhere and I think it's remarkably on point.

Ireland are now in a similar position to the late Kidney era where the Test coaches are inferior to the provincial coaches. That must be very draining on the players.

Whom are you on about. Can you not look to the future

What are you talking about?

• Advertisement

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Enough out of you. Ignore list.

It’s hard for some to realize there just not good enough. The Leinster baton as well and truly passed this non contestant!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement