Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Your “middling” assessment of Scotland shows your lack of knowledge of the game. Please review Scotland games and edit your comment. Makes you look like an I€I:od
    If you think Leo the “lion” is going to be the next IRELAND manager , I would applaud you to review leo’s First half season in charge of Leinster
    Nearly every superficial fan like yourself apparently!!
    Not sure you know what what blithering means. You blithering idiot

Ah, the international window. Never fails...

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

salmocab wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Do yo not watch Ireland crumby

Another i(I)she idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I want to know what you meant by the comment? I pointed out to a poster thatRob Kearney is not available for selection and you posted something about looking to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

the Scotland freak out is especially weird because they absolutely are a middling team. it just so happens that we are too. what used to be an 80-20 fixture in Ireland’s favor is now much closer to 50-50. we got a bit worse, they got a bit better.

• Advertisement

aloooof wrote: »
    Ah, the international window. Never fails...

A loof is always a loof ! I won’t entertain gobshides!

I want to know what you meant by the comment? I pointed out to a poster thatRob Kearney is not available for selection and you posted something about looking to the future.

Please learn yourself about Ireland selection. You look like a idiot

Please learn yourself about Ireland selection. You look like a idiot

You still haven’t answered the question

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Enough out of you. Ignore list.

I applaud an easy way out.

What are you talking about ????

Easy learning- Leinster won’t win pro 14 or heinieken cup

• Advertisement

What are you talking about ????

Easy learning- Leinster won’t win pro 14 or heinieken cup

Again you haven’t answered the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

I must admit, it was nice to see Shane Daly get some proper praise from Hendo after the game...seems he's a very welcome addition to the camp

If you think I need to remember your idiotic question , never mind answer it is beyond me. Ha..

If you think I need to remember your idiotic question , never mind answer it is beyond me. Ha..

So you don’t know what you were talking about.

at this stage i don’t know what anyone is talking about. let’s talk about fridges. mine is mostly cold. how about yous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

at this stage i don’t know what anyone is talking about. let’s talk about fridges. mine is mostly cold. how about yous?

Don't talk to me about fridges....mine exploded ffs...and because it was a built-in...I couldn't get one to for the cabinet..so had to Rioi it out...I'm gutted

Don't talk to me about fridges....mine exploded ffs...and because it was a built-in...I couldn't get one to for the cabinet..so had to Rioi it out...I'm gutted

****e one. we need a new one too, seal is dodgy and me orange juice is frozen half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭theVersatile

I'd rather have Gatland coach us than Leo...

I'd rather have Gatland coach us than Leo...

i suggest you watch the Second HALF of Gatlanfs first chiefs season! so you even watch rugby?!!!!!

Shane Horgan basically said that Andy Farrell is simple.

Maybe he's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

glasso wrote: »

Maybe he's right.

Stuart Lancaster, Joe Schmidt & Warren Gatland have all hired Andy Farrell. He has a far better resume than Horgan, who has been out of the game entirely for nearly a decade.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Stuart Lancaster, Joe Schmidt & Warren Gatland have all hired Andy Farrell. He has a far better resume than Horgan, who has been out of the game entirely for nearly a decade.

Shane Horgan is not the Irish national rugby coach either.

Lack of detail, incoherence of overall plan and errors has been Farrell's calling card so far.

Maybe the "cool dad" approach is less effective with players as a head coach.

Of course we know that he never held a head coach position before.

Still too early, in my opinion only, to judge Farrell yet. I’d give him the 6 nations and then unless we show significant improvement we cut him loose.

It’s too early because it’s a massively disjointed season, a season post the Schmidt era, a season with many injuries to key players, a season with a lot of new faces in and a lot out, a season where we are trying to stamp a new game plan in to players who have been too used to playing only one way for the last 7 years.

If you think we are poor look at Wales, even we are able to beat Wales now regularly and easily. We are poor, we are very poor in a lot of areas. Most notably the forwards just aren’t doing their thing, from lineouts to scrums and rucks. They just are an absolute mile off where they should be and have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Maybe he's right.

Shane Horgan didn't think Stuart Lancaster would bring a lot to the Leinster changing room when he took over so maybe he is wrong about Farrell as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

What I find most worrying is the complete lack of intensity from us, just look at the Georgian and English players the last two weeks, they would kill their granny if it meant stopping Ireland crossing the gainline or scoring a try whereas we just **** around from side to side waiting for the inevitable turn over as if it doesnt matter. If you want to compare with the provinces everything is quick,quick,quick whereas with Ireland it takes an eternity to do everything and by the time we are ready to attack the opposition defence is totally set and ready to blast us into orbit. Some of those Irish players need to look in the mirror and ask are they really giving it their all because it doesnt look that way on the pitch.

Maybe he's right.

Shaggy regularly says the controversial thing, I’m not sure he is playing the Hook, Dunphy etc roll to drag in viewers or whether he is doing it to promote himself as the controversial pundit. He has said contentious things before and been very wrong. Farrell isn’t simple, whether he means in the head or tactically. Technically he has Catt etc to come up with the plays. Gatland, Schmidt etc can’t all be wrong about him. Does Shaggy even know him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

iamabeliever is now iamaleaver and will not be returning. Thanks to those who reported posts. No further need to quote or respond to any of their contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Maybe he's right.

That would contradict what every single other player and coach has said about him. Even years ago before he came to Ireland, BOD sung his praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Btw what’s up with Sexton? Will he be fit for exit week? There is little to no updates about him.

• Advertisement

Still too early, in my opinion only, to judge Farrell yet. I’d give him the 6 nations and then unless we show significant improvement we cut him loose.

It’s too early because it’s a massively disjointed season, a season post the Schmidt era, a season with many injuries to key players, a season with a lot of new faces in and a lot out, a season where we are trying to stamp a new game plan in to players who have been too used to playing only one way for the last 7 years.

If you think we are poor look at Wales, even we are able to beat Wales now regularly and easily. We are poor, we are very poor in a lot of areas. Most notably the forwards just aren’t doing their thing, from lineouts to scrums and rucks. They just are an absolute mile off where they should be and have been.

well it's a different beast being head coach vs defence coach.

different dynamic with the players completely.

can't be their matey-mate anymore when you're selecting and dropping.

the way the team is "functioning" overall on the pitch is worrying.

too early to call it maybe but it's also not a given that a good assistant would be a good head coach. and he had no background in the role before being appointment.

defence is also a narrower remit than the overall big picture - different dynamic again.

when you look at England's coaching set-up in comparison - ex-all black defence coach, 2019 WC-winning Boks fwd coach, guy from league brought in and Jones a determined hard-nosed character running the overall show it's a stark comparison

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement