Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Clegg wrote: »
    You should probably rewatch the game.
    Schmidt and his Coaches should have .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I can't wait for the 6nations! I believe we're going to do quite well. We won't make too many changes, but I expect 4 or 5 in the wider squad with a focus on the summer tour. The summer tour will be a really good point to mix things up and bring in new faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I can't wait for the 6nations! I believe we're going to do quite well. We won't make too many changes, but I expect 4 or 5 in the wider squad with a focus on the summer tour. The summer tour will be a really good point to mix things up and bring in new faces.
    why is the 6 nations not the time to bring in new faces when it's the best time.
    Believe we are going to do well based on what? We have went backwards this calender year. We have a new head coach in a head coaching role for first time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

You should probably rewatch the game.
    blinding wrote: »
    Schmidt and his Coaches should have .

Yes, Schmidt is notoriously lazy when it comes to watching games... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

why is the 6 nations not the time to bring in new faces when it's the best time.
    Believe we are going to do well based on what? We have went backwards this calender year. We have a new head coach in a head coaching role for first time.

I reckon they will implement minor changes, My thinking is that a few new faces or recalls will make the squad and maybe a couple will be involved. But I expect more experimental line ups during the summer tour.
    Of course form should and will, hopefully be the driving force. I guess that by the time the autumn series rolls around, we'll have an idea as to our style of play and the contenders for the starting XV and the XXIII.
    I'm hoping for something other than one out runners and box kicks to nowhere.
    But you're right, my thoughts about this year bears no impression on the 6nations. I think and hope that minor
    Changes in the game plan and the addition of a couple of new guys give us something to work with.
    If Farrell doesn't make changes or adapts to a different brand and style we might struggle. I don't think he will.
    He's sat through a horse**** rwc and watched us implode and be very undercooked. He saw what we all saw! If he continues on the same course or selection policy of Joe, he is probably not as smart as I give him credit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

aloooof wrote: »
    Yes, Schmidt is notoriously lazy when it comes to watching games... :rolleyes:

It was his lack of detail which let him down in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Watching this is a bit depressing. 2019 Ireland are not capable of scoring a try like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It was his lack of detail which let him down in the end

Actually I would argue that it was too much detail. The players couldn’t really think for themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

In ten minutes England blow a lot of Bluster about ireland to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Niallof9 wrote: »
    In ten minutes England blow a lot of Bluster about ireland to bits.

There's a world cup semi final on. Best opening fifteen minutes of a game I've seen in ages.

Yet you're on the Irish thread saying how crap we are.

• Advertisement

There's a world cup semi final on. Best opening fifteen minutes of a game I've seen in ages.

Yet you're on the Irish thread saying how crap we are.

Yeah cause we are it’s to be noted. People like you who defend the utter ****e we play should take note...things a few of us have been saying

Also so what I’m depressed again as a neutral here, brilliant game but utterly demoralized as an Irish rugby fan in fact I’m sickened

I’m up for England

Yeah cause we are it’s to be noted. People like you who defend the utter ****e we play should take note...things a few of us have been saying

Also so what I’m depressed again as a neutral here, brilliant game but utterly demoralized as an Irish rugby fan in fact I’m sickened

I’m up for England
    Nobody has defended how we played.

You're screaming at nothing.

Oh my god i give up...enjoy. That’s just not true

Oh my god i give up...enjoy. That’s just not true

Is it any less true than the garbage you've spewed since last weekend?

You'd have to say no.

You're not even posting about rugby, you're here to backseat mod and tell people what they should or shouldn't post. How about you head off and watch the match yourself.

Is it any less true than the garbage you've spewed since last weekend?

You'd have to say no.

Oh ffs give over ...garbage saids yourself.

Amount of ****e you’ve talked

Delusional

You're not even posting about rugby, you're here to backseat mod and tell people what they should or shouldn't post. How about you head off and watch the match yourself.

None of the threads have been about rugby since we lost. They've entirely been about taking potshots at the team.

So I'm absolutely going to call out the crap that's being spewed.

None of the threads have been about rugby since we lost. They've entirely been about taking potshots at the team.

Wtf the **** are u talking about...potshots.

I’ve criticized all rugby aspects...lack of footwork, offloads, width, pace.

Everything England are doing here I have said the Irish team are talented enough to do **** off with your potshots nonsense

Look if your pr for Vodafone or the team just hold your hands up. Or has Gerry finally been uncloaked

Criticism is allowed. Criticism is the life of sport.

Ah yeah classic boards.ie rugby, alternate opinions not required.

Fact is, Ireland are an absolute mile off the standard being shown in this match. Miles off. Terribly sorry if that upsets you.

Ah yeah classic boards.ie rugby, alternate opinions not required.

Fact is, Ireland are an absolute mile off the standard being shown in this match. Miles off. Terribly sorry if that upsets you.

It's not an alternate opinion if all that's being offered is a bash at the team. That's what's been going on again and again and again.

• Advertisement

It's not an alternate opinion if all that's being offered is a bash at the team. That's what's been going on again and again and again.

Saids you. All of us critics have said what was said on the 42 yesterday we’ve been proven right, today again and people like you are proven wrong just like in 2015. You must get tired being wrong all the time. Sure look it who cares right big pro 14 game tonight.

Good luck

Wtf the **** are u talking about...potshots.

I’ve criticized all rugby aspects...lack of footwork, offloads, width, pace.

Everything England are doing here I have said the Irish team are talented enough to do **** off with your potshots nonsense

Look if your pr for Vodafone or the team just hold your hands up. Or has Gerry finally been uncloaked

Criticism is allowed. Criticism is the life of sport.

Yet there you are. Having a go at the Ireland team in the midst of a world cup semi final.

Not a potshot tho. No sir.

Ok you win I’ve realized I’m wasting my life posting here. Continue on with your circlejerk and I’m sure if I’m lurking in in 2023 I’ll see u say everything is fine as the same thing happens again.

Saids you. All of us critics have said what was said on the 42 yesterday we’ve been proven right, today again and people like you are proven wrong just like in 2015. You must get tired being wrong all the time. Sure look it who cares right big pro 14 game tonight.

Good luck

Mate everyone has been a critic of Ireland this week. You'll find little in the way of defence for that performance. But what you will find is more measured criticism than the open bashing that's gone on. If that's not to you're liking then I'm sorry.

I've no idea what you're on about being proved wrong or anything. I've been a huge fan of everything we've done and achieved over the six years. Are you saying you could see that this was coming down the line from three years ago? Fair play if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

They are still showing that fcucking phone add

best thing for Irish rugby is a England Wales final. England winning here will rip off the already healing bandages. which is good maximum boots up the hole for Irish rugby

England's skill coach supposedly has them set aside 30 minutes where instead of murder ball they just try crazy things/skill stuff in mini games with zero pressure when it comes to ****ing up

we have lads who are afraid of meeting joe in a hotel corridor,cause he'll ask them about a move they needed to learn.
    one which won't see the light of day

Mate everyone has been a critic of Ireland this week. You'll find little in the way of defence for that performance. But what you will find is more measured criticism than the open bashing that's gone on. If that's not to you're liking then I'm sorry.

I've no idea what you're on about being proved wrong or anything. I've been a huge fan of everything we've done and achieved over the six years. Are you saying you could see that this was coming down the line from three years ago? Fair play if so.

Yeah i could and unfortunately i don't want to expose myself proving it here.

Look i get it i dunno maybe u think im bashing the players im not. Joe did a great job but in the end it wasn't good enough. And if u listen to the 42 podcast yesterday, thats me in a nutshell. Shefwed thinks im rehashed of info but i use it as a professional backing up cause again critics of regime are painted as mad outliers. Matt Williams, Horgan, Dunne and a few others have long pointed out our deficiencies, have long pointed out the best way of playing (ala England) and have long pointed out it has nothing to do with weather, dna,our player base. I make no apologies for saying we can play the way England are playing. We will never agree it seems so no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The bankrupt nature of Ireland’s performance last Saturday being brutally exposed here. We never had a cut. Bitterly disappointing. :(

Not only that looks at how open they are in regards to media etc having documentaries, we ban one on one interviews as per Kinsella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I reckon they will implement minor changes, My thinking is that a few new faces or recalls will make the squad and maybe a couple will be involved. But I expect more experimental line ups during the summer tour.
    Of course form should and will, hopefully be the driving force. I guess that by the time the autumn series rolls around, we'll have an idea as to our style of play and the contenders for the starting XV and the XXIII.
    I think it will be more than minor considering Farrell will have seen through being involved how much backwards we've went this calender year.
    I'm hoping for something other than one out runners and box kicks to nowhere.
    But you're right, my thoughts about this year bears no impression on the 6nations. I think and hope that minor
    Changes in the game plan and the addition of a couple of new guys give us something to work with.
    If Farrell doesn't make changes or adapts to a different brand and style we might struggle. I don't think he will.
    He's sat through a horse**** rwc and watched us implode and be very undercooked. He saw what we all saw! If he continues on the same course or selection policy of Joe, he is probably not as smart as I give him credit.
    selection policy be different how? Schmidt was an excellent coach but people were refusing to be properly critical of him for ages.
    It really needs to be more than minor changes to game plan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement