Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I have to say all the positivity on here is surprising. Its nice to see. But its misplaced. The ABs are going to beat you like a runaway slave on Saturday. This will be the greatest humiliation of the Irish since Cromwell popped over for a visit.

:D

In case some of you haven't guessed, I'm probably going to be a bit of an asshole this week. In the past I've been nice and respectful to you Paddies but where's the fun in that. So bring it on bitches!!

Its more of an act really i think deep down we know whats coming! We're Irish though we live in hope and misplaced optimism.

But if you do can you please send us a kiwi that likes to play running open rugby next time, you know like 99 per cent of your rugby coaches do.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I have to say all the positivity on here is surprising. Its nice to see. But its misplaced. The ABs are going to beat you like a runaway slave on Saturday. This will be the greatest humiliation of the Irish since Cromwell popped over for a visit.

In case some of you haven't guessed, I'm probably going to be a bit of an asshole this week. In the past I've been nice and respectful to you Paddies but where's the fun in that. So bring it on bitches!!

the squirming apology you'll will be giving us when we brush those kiwi posers aside will be all the sweeter...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Well on fairness, you've had lots of previous experience.....:D
    Just kidding. Couldn't miss the opportunity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

At least you should have the good grace to stick around and take what's coming after your humiliation, unlike all the bloody seagulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Clegg wrote: »
    Need a big performance from Henderson on Saturday. He's a good player, but apart from the Scotland game I don't think he's played particularly well. Ryan's been pulling the weight so far.

You should have a look at the game again and see how many times he has active involvements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Niallof9 wrote: »
    No not low hopeful on Saturday, but not changed in my criticisms. If we get in trouble on Saturday, like say we don't turn up somehow, then imo Farrell has to be looked at again. I don't agree with the transition appointment. I don't agree allowing him practice his head coach learnings on Ireland. I think Mike Catt has spent years in an environment far removed from Ireland. Before that he was in a failed English coaching group.

In saying that the only way we can beat New Zealand is the tactics Joe has nailed his colors to.

And the players seem to love Farrell so that's the main thing...the silver lining.

Warren Gatland failed as Ireland coach
    Graham Henry, Steve Hansen both failed with Wales

Very few coachs if any have a perfect CV....simple as that. Most will agree you need the good and the bad to grow as a coach.

No idea why we would write off a coach before he has even started. It is not like Farrell hasn't been around the block, he has huge experience in International rugby.

Joe Schmidt had zero experience of international rugby when he took over. That hasn't turned out too bad has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

jacothelad wrote: »
    You should have a look at the game again and see how many times he has active involvements.

Henderson was excellent in the lineout at the weekend.

Not many carries though, but that could.just be down to team roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Warren Gatland failed as Ireland coach

I think that's incredibly harsh. We may not have won anything under him but there was a huge improvement in the quality of our rugby and our ability to compete with the top sides during his regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Is Bundee allowed to train with a ban? He's probably not going to feature now anyway with Henshaw back and having a few howlers in the group.

I think that's incredibly harsh. We may not have won anything under him but there was a huge improvement in the quality of our rugby and our ability to compete with the top sides during his regime.

What other word would you use to describe his tenure?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Bazzo wrote: »
    Ye're going to get such a beating there'll be more bleating than after the last lions tour

Come on. You can make a better sheep joke than that.

Speaking of the Lions tour, have they announced the refs for the quarter finals? Hope its not one of those cheating French ******** that robbed us of victory on that tour. Hopefully we get Barnes, Owens or Gardner. They know how rugby is meant to be played. And Barnes still owes us.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any idea how long before we hear the outcome of Bundees hearing?

Come on. You can make a better sheep joke than that.

Speaking of the Lions tour, have they announced the refs for the quarter finals? Hope its not one of those cheating French ******** that robbed us of victory on that tour. Hopefully we get Barnes, Owens or Gardner. They know how rugby is meant to be played. And Barnes still owes us.

we dont want any french ref either.... especially garces

barnes please, pearce next and williams after that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

The pressure will be on the ab's, we are the underdogs.
    Our front five is fantastic and if we choke the life out of them and control possession and territory,we can win.
    Either way, it is Schmidts swansong! This is the moment he's been preparing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Stheno wrote: »
    Any idea how long before we hear the outcome of Bundees hearing?

The hearings normally take about 2 hours, and it started at 11:30.....so soon hopefully! Can't see it being anything other than a ban though

Any chance we can get Wayne Barnes as ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Barnes would be the best man to have as a ref considering the standards that are currently out there

However, I doubt they would give it to him as he would be under serious pressure considering France in Cardiff

Have a terrible feeling Owens could get it

Progression. Evolution. Light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't know what age you are or when you started following rugby, but I started going to Ireland matches when I was in school in early/mid-90s. You just can't over-state how bad we were and how predictable every game was. It was awful.

When Gatland arrived, there were some really bad days (e.g. Lens) but he wasn't afraid to take risks and try things that were a bit different.
    And he wasn't afraid to throw in young lads and give them a shot.

He dragged us into the pro era and gave us some great days along the way. Beating France in Paris (which neither Eddie nor Kidney managed), beating England in the foot-and-mouth year, these were incredible results for Ireland at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I don't know what age you are or when you started following rugby, but I started going to Ireland matches when I was in school in early/mid-90s. You just can't over-state how bad we were and how predictable every game was. It was awful.
    Yeah. I used to go to matches, not so much in the hope of winning, but more to watch the great teams beating us. They were foregone conclusions and you could only admire the skill of the opposition and hope we could hold out for at least a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Stand by. Aki decision imminent according to Murray Kinsella.

Not looking good.

Basil3 wrote: »
    If Larmour is at fullback, they 100% will. He will be put under major pressure.

Would yourself or Yeah_Right fancy doing a match thread? Be interesting to start it off from a Kiwi perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Not looking good according to Murray

Edit: 3 match ban

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

3 match ban :( (according to R O'Connor)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

pc7 wrote: »
    3 week ban :(

3 match ban

fully expected

As expected.

Presume it was considered mid-range (6 weeks) with 50% mitigation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fairly strongly worded when you read it too.

When Gatland arrived, there were some really bad days (e.g. Lens) but he wasn't afraid to take risks and try things that were a bit different.
    And he wasn't afraid to throw in young lads and give them a shot.

He dragged us into the pro era and gave us some great days along the way. Beating France in Paris (which neither Eddie nor Kidney managed), beating England in the foot-and-mouth year, these were incredible results for Ireland at the time.

I started in the 80's.....simon geoghegan and all that.....I remember all the s**t days.

He threw young lads in because he was about to get the sack. He had just got hammered 50-18 by England. That why the young players got picked....He beat France and the following week at home got beaten by Wales?

He was the coach of the disaster in Lens.

They should have won the Grand Slam the foot and mouth year but got hammered by a terrible Scotland team.

Only coach in the professional era never to win a trophy and the worst win ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement