Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When switching from another supplier to EI

Options
  • 12-10-2019 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

When is the actual start date of the contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

danjo-xx wrote: »
    When is the actual start date of the contract?

It starts from when you sign up to the supplier. You get a final bill from your current supplier up to that that, and the new supplier begins the billing then.

Usually a 14 day cooling off period which you can cancel in.

Unless you just signed up or took over an account and didn't avail on any discount. Usually when there's no discount it means there's no contract, rare that'd happen though.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi danjo-xx,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The contract commences on the date that you sign up as an Electric Ireland customer.

If you signed up for an offer to get a switching bonus and/or smart control such as Nest or Climote, there is a one year minimum term contract.

We can check the start date of your contract if you wish.

We will require the following details via private message:
    - your name
    - the first line in your address
    - your contact number
    - your account number
    - confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Thanks for reply guys but in the absence of signing anything, and only submitting an email with my meter readings on it when switching to EI, what would be the legal start of my contract with you when I switched last October on a dual account.

Is it

1. The date of my email submitting my meter readings to you in order to switch.

2. The receipt of my first bill

3. or what?

Just want to clarify this

thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi danjo-xx, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Without checking the particulars of your account, we are unable to say for certain when the start date was. 

There are a number of things to take into account. Some customers register without signing up for a price plan right away and sign up later. Some customers' move-ins may be backdated if they contact us a few weeks after they move in and the supply is with Electric Ireland. In general terms, it's based on the date the customer's request was processed. 

We will be able to check what the situation is on your account if you provide the details requested.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement