Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin Breakouts!!!

Options
  • 12-10-2019 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, looking for advice on dealing with skin breakouts during pregnancy.

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and dealing with quite bad breakouts on my face, mainly around my mouth, nose and chin but also on the forehead aswell.

My skin has never been great but it's gotten 100 times worse since getting pregnant. It's my second pregnancy and I didn't have this on my first.

Looking for recommendations on products or routines that might help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was going to say im afriad tis just part and packag makes you feel better doesnt it.. Is it extra oily or have you been eating more sweet things ( i am currently eating choco cake out of a dish so no shame :) )

Apart for a good routine, i found the I think it is dr hauschka brand Ill check Rose, Lavendar, Geranium Face mist great.. Put it on at night or when you need a pick up.. Even Rose water for a face toner is fantastic to get rid of excess oil
    .. After that lots of sudocream

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry tis Trilogy brand, or you can make up your own mist if you have the oils...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nottellingyet

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sorry tis Trilogy brand, or you can make up your own mist if you have the oils...

Thanks Milly! I've booked a consultation with The SkinNerd so hopefully that will help, I'm desperate for a solution as it's really getting me down when I'm already a hormonal emotional wreck. Going to hold off on investing in products until I hear what they suggest but I will certainly try making the mist you've suggested.

A family member also suggested a silk pillow case so going to give that a try.

If anything works I will be sure to share!

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I feel for you OP, skin acting up on top of all the other first trimester symptoms is just no fun!

The Skin Nerd will definitely steer you right but I'd recommend looking at your existing routine and seeing if there's anything that might be not helping the breakouts. (Obviously this isn't medical advice but there's things to avoid like actives and salicylic acid.)

I switched to a gentle soap free cleanser from Gallinee in the first trimester – my skin seemed to tolerate it much better than my usual cleanser. https://www.meagherspharmacy.ie/products/gallinee-cleansing-bar-100g

I would have been lost without the Ordinary's Niacinamide, it's been a favourite for a while now but I found when my skin started to get oily again (hormones, oh joy) that it really helped keep it clear. I started using it 2-3 times a week then built up to almost every day. https://www.boots.ie/the-ordinary/the-ordinary-niacinamide-10-zinc-1-10267783

The Inkey list do one as well https://www.boots.ie/the-inkey-list/the-inkey-list-shop-all/the-inkey-list-niacinamide-serum-30ml-10271187 which seems to be decent but I've not yet tried it – I've used a few of their other products and really rate them.

Best of luck getting it sorted, hopefully you find a routine which clears things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sosa1

I've definitely found that my skin got a lot worse towards the end of my first trimester and into the second!

I haven't really changed up my routine all that much- sometimes I try not to wear make up if I can get away with it, but for the most part I've just accepted that its part of pregnancy!

Going to check out the Ordinary, as I've heard great things about their products and they seem really affordable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

My skin was horrendous during the first trimester, I just had to ride it out - I'm 21 weeks now and my skin has never been better, it's been glowing and totally clear since around week 16/17 so it does get better!

I had a consultation with Monica Tolan's in Balbriggan just before I fell pregnant then went back for a facial after I found out, to make sure the Environ products I were using were still safe (as they contain Vitamin A and Salicylic Acid) and was told to carry on.
    I use these religiously, and I honestly think they have made such a difference.

I used to follow the Skin Nerd but found she promotes such a wide range of brands and products that I wondered how she could pinpoint exactly what was best for me. I did get one facewash from her though which was Gallinee Lactic Acid Foam Cleanser and I use it once a week alongside my Environ products and the day after I use it I am GLOWING, it's fab and is really good for problem skin.

Anyway I've waffled on a bit there but in a nutshell I am saying get a consultation with Monica Tolan's as Environ is the holy grail, and I would also get a facial to kick start your routine :)

Advertisement