Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah cheers Seph :p

Cheeky missy 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see The Trial of the Chicago 7 at the cinema this evening

It was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Met my "long lost friend" again today and we walked the babies, talked for hours. The sun was shining. It was a beautiful day. My little dog came with us and did her crazy zoomies, so excited to be out. Babies spoke gobbledygook to each other as if their lives depended on it. I felt elated coming home.

When I got home, OH had vaccumed and steam cleaned all the floors and changed the bedclothes.

The baby laughed a real belly laugh a couple of times when I tickled her getting her ready for bed.

Had an Indian takeaway and a nice pinot noir for dinner.

It doesn't get much better than today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    Met my "long lost friend" again today and we walked the babies, talked for hours. The sun was shining. It was a beautiful day. My little dog came with us and did her crazy zoomies, so excited to be out. Babies spoke gobbledygook to each other as if their lives depended on it. I felt elated coming home.

When I got home, OH had vaccumed and steam cleaned all the floors and changed the bedclothes.

The baby laughed a real belly laugh a couple of times when I tickled her getting her ready for bed.

Had an Indian takeaway and a nice pinot noir for dinner.

It doesn't get much better than today.

I love this post so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

Had my first proper phone conversation with my Dad in years after he finally got his hearing aids :)

staying indoors in this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After a month of crap internet, I finally got it to work properly and installed my old internet finder thing(the correct name escapes me), which means the I dont have to remember my passwords.
    *If it will let me install Grammarly, it will be perfect again!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Roast lamb for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching these daytime quiz shows, I’ve come to the conclusion that I am smarter than most of the contestants. Maybe it’s being on the spot but there are dip/sticks on them :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Boards.

No shush honestly !!

I lurked for a few weeks before taking the plunge - and it’s not what I expected!!

When you want a debate, it’s there - when you want to talk rubbish - there’s a home for that too and if you want to give out and something serious or not - people will listen.

I’m taking my coat off and staying a spell!!!

cj maxx wrote: »
    Watching these daytime quiz shows, I’ve come to the conclusion that I am smarter than most of the contestants. Maybe it’s being on the spot but there are dip/sticks on them :)

I’m hooked on Masterchef Australia and taping it gives usually the last two mins of Tipping Point.

By eck it must attract some barmpots!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting watching sky news , Nicola Sturgeon giving an outline On upcoming restrictions. I thought she said “ I’d rather not to be doing this shyte now but ...”
    Maybe she said “ right now “ but it sounded much better the way I heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I finally got around to unsubscribing from a load of rubbish emails I kept getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had a crappy even and night last night, within an hour of going to bed and having woken up with a nightmare, dog came barrelling up the stairs for his moring snooze on/under my quilt.

Today he decided he was cold and got under the quilt and conked out, th, the feel of his soft warm and complietely trusing relaxed body by my feet made me feel so much better.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

getting new specs/glasses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Youngest son came in to see me for a few minutes , seeing him in person is so much better than phone calls , texts , even if it was brief :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Went on a little book buying and teddy buying spree for the madra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Little pockets of normality among the madness

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Went on a little book buying and teddy buying spree for the madra :D

You bought something for me??

Now I am TH.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You bought something for me??

Now I am TH.

:D

Of course, you've been such a good boy going walkies and protecting the house from cats :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted, you dawg! :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, it's gas - Poochie thanked Shelly's post. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Having a compliment from my head chef on my presentation of a meal. So I am celebrating with brandy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th seeing two cats today, nervous tuxedo cat just stalked into the garden today and was smelling the palm tree in the middle and leapt up on the wall and into the neighbours yard, then walking down to the park a beautiful ginger cat with a white underbelly that always has a cross face on them appeared out in front of me and then jumped on the wall but they were still really close to me kinda where as before they would leg it to the other end of the wall, I was calling them over and they were watching me kinda like this

cateyes.jpg

:3

That family also have a massive black cat and I thought it was panther when I first saw them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Spotify's random radio based on your listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

The excitement of my class today when I told them that the only thing they needed the rest of day was a pencil for art. There was only an hour and a half left of the day but usually we just do art for the last hour so they were chuffed :pac: made me realise how much of a difference 20 minutes is in the eyes of a child compared to the eyes of an adult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ordered some food tonight and genuinely enjoyed it.

seems banal to post about i know, but i realised it was the same meal id ordered a month ago exactly and couldnt eat because of bad anxiety and panic attacks due to...everything plus covid x1000. i just ate it for the sake of it hoping id will myself into enjoying it. majority of it was left for the dog. i got myself into such a state i thought id never look forward to a meal again, or for a long time at least.

just a small reminder that the brain is malleable and you can work towards rewiring/healing.

My dad is out of hospital and so far seems to be kicking the arse of coronavirus!!!

Isolating in his room in his nursing home for two weeks, on oxygen at night but a well better scenario than the start of the week!!

Cheers all for listening!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Cleaning, myself and my PA were cleaning the other day, this was the result, look how shiny the tap is :D

Advertisement