Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Ah feicim now. I thought that was an old bucket. Also an old discarded red arrow :o

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Am I going blind? I see a crow and some cows but no cat :confused:
    The crow is on security! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Seeing a gobshíte, in an Audi, driving dangerously on the M50 getting “pulled over” by the gardaí. Really made my evening.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Relaxing with a good cuppa brewed from real tea leaves.

A leisurely stroll in the Phoenix Park on a crisp sunny Autumn day with the colours of the trees and the leaves underfoot.

Watching the squirrels in the trees out the patio doors from my living room. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When I went to pay in Costa today, the cashier said I had more than enough on my loyalty card to cover the cost. Free coffee and muffin, lovely.

Second TH, enjoying BBC Sounds app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

I can run with no pain...up to 90% fitness..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Seeing so many colourful little birds this morning in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

So delighted for my mam! She just won 165 euro on our online Friday bingo. We've been playing since April and she's never won but tonight she finally got somewhere! She sounded so excited when she checked. Delighted for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A few days ago, just going to a shop, here's my ex and my daughter coming down the street with her 2 youngest boys. 2yo grandson spots me and comes storming down the footpath - "Bonzodog2! Bonzodog2! " (not my real first name, duh). Later same day, got to phone my elder brother in UK on his birthday.

Made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This is lovely - 75 people telling the little things that make them happy during the sh*t-show that is this pandemic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/75-reasons-to-be-cheerful-by-mary-mcaleese-chris-de-burgh-sin%C3%A9ad-o-connor-and-more-1.4380675?mode=amp

Mine are:

Books, lots of.

Candles, lots of.

Classical music.

Snuggly clothes.

Watching the birds on my garden feeder.

More books.

My dog.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    This is lovely - 75 people telling the little things that make them happy during the sh*t-show that is this pandemic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/75-reasons-to-be-cheerful-by-mary-mcaleese-chris-de-burgh-sin%C3%A9ad-o-connor-and-more-1.4380675?mode=amp

Aww thanks for sharing that Dial Hard. I liked Nina Stibbes one;

"I am cheered every single day by my dog Peggy. We play hide and seek with a toy monkey. Peggy knows not to come into the kitchen while I hide him and waits patiently in the hall listening for clues. When I’ve hidden him, I shout “Okay!” and in she trots to methodically search the room. When she finds him she is genuinely delighted and parades about proudly before darting out to hide him from me, always in the same place in the sitting room. I indulge her by pretending to look around a while before spotting him. Then we do it all over again."

I play this with my three dogs too. Only I hide myself. And like her dog, they sit in the kitchen listening for clues as to which part of the house I've hidden myself in and then I call out FIND ME! and they all come barreling down the hallway, skidding about the place. Sometimes they find me immediately but most of the time it takes them ages and it's actually just really, really fun! We played it a lot in lockdown and my dogs definitely play a huge part in keeping me happy and not too lonely during all this covid cr@p.

Oh I play hide the sweets too where I hide sweets all around the kitchen and living room and they race around sniffing them out. But they get even more excited just looking for me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If that's right up your alley, this could be, too. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292

I read the Irish Times thing and I really enjoyed it. Glad to have some postivity :)

My own TH isn't really trivial, but I got a job! All this week I've been sorting paper work for it, and doing training. It's been an absolute delight to be buzzing about again :D

I read the Irish Times thing and I really enjoyed it. Glad to have some postivity :)

My own TH isn't really trivial, but I got a job! All this week I've been sorting paper work for it, and doing training. It's been an absolute delight to be buzzing about again :D

That's brilliant news Eskie. Congrats. I hope it goes well for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

My doctor rang me with a negative test result earlier. I didn't think I had covid but nice to get confirmation. Waiting for results of my sons test now as he's with a different practice but you'd hope he wouldn't have it if I didn't. It's his second test but a first for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Being elected to go home early from work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This post from Posy. :) It's wonderful! :)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114963313&postcount=822
    From October 19th 2020, it will be free for customers to send mail to residents in Care Facilities across Ireland until January 31st 2021.

Customers can send letters, large envelopes, packets up to 2KG for free, by writing FREEPOST above the Address. Items will be checked to ensure that the recipient address is addressed to a nursing home or Residential Facility.

https://www.anpost.com/Community/Free-postage-to-Care-Homes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH got me new bedclothes and a comfy pillow, and I vaccumed the bedroom and lit my new grapefruit candle. Lovely clean room and comfy bed and have a hot, strong cuppa on the beside table, a happy tired dog beside me on the bed and a sleeping babba on my chest. I don't think it gets much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Early last week I found all the cards from a ladies purse scattered all over the main road, medical card, travel pass and other really important stuff. I gathered them all up and brought them to the post office who said they know the lady and would ask the postman to drop them to her house. On Friday i went into the post office deli to get a sambo and the post mistress came running over with a thank you card and a tin of foxes best chocolate biscuits from the nice lady.
    Feel good chocolate is best chocolate :):)

Archeron wrote: »
    Early last week I found all the cards from a ladies purse scattered all over the main road, medical card, travel pass and other really important stuff. I gathered them all up and brought them to the post office who said they know the lady and would ask the postman to drop them to her house. On Friday i went into the post office deli to get a sambo and the post mistress came running over with a thank you card and a tin of foxes best chocolate biscuits from the nice lady.
    Feel good chocolate is best chocolate :):)

This is just lovely :) dotes the lot of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I found a bag of Banshee bones :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I found a bag of Banshee bones :)

I bought a big bag of them last week, no one here is eating them and I don't like them, no trick or treaters this year to help get rid of the rubbish.

TH I bought a coat today, I've tried loads but this one almost ticks all the boxes ,its awkward now when you can't try stuff on in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My rescue dog is very slowly starting to come out of his shell. He is very nervous, bony, and has bald patches, but I know there's a beautiful chap waiting to emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

Just about to head to bed. One dog lays across my feet then snuggles in the crook of my legs. One sleeps on the pillows. Then snuggles between us and cuddles with herself. A full bed but so much fun.

Morning time brings wagging tails at the side of the bed, a lick to wake me up, but they gently get off so as not to wake herself. Smart dogs and so much joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Delicious food or sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Goodigal

The amazing autumnal colours every morning on the school run. Love this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I dropped my phone as I was putting shopping into the boot yesterday afternoon. Underground car park and space in front was empty so just drove through and exited.

Missed phone ten minutes later and returned at speed hoping some one had handed it into the anchor shop. Of course it contained my debit card tucked into the cover. Was wondering how many times it would be tapped before I could cancel it.

There it was on the aisle behind where I had parked. Not picked up, not driven over, card intact.

Don't believe in any god but my favourite charity is getting a generous donation today to keep the karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I enjoy this kind of weather - dull, windy, rainy. I find it so relaxing. I always put my window on vent so I can hear it. Another thing I find (albeit bizarre) comfort in, is; being up early in the morning - with weather like this, get a roasting hot cup of coffee and just stand at my back door with the door open. Sometimes I even enjoy walking home in it. I could've got a lift home from work last night but I opted to walk. I dunno it just feels nice.

Call me weird.

I don't enjoy bright, sunny, warm days. The only time I prefer it is if I want to cycle my bike to work. I won't cycle in rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

I enjoy this kind of weather - dull, windy, rainy. I find it so relaxing. I always put my window on vent so I can hear it. Another thing I find (albeit bizarre) comfort in, is; being up early in the morning - with weather like this, get a roasting hot cup of coffee and just stand at my back door with the door open. Sometimes I even enjoy walking home in it. I could've got a lift home from work last night but I opted to walk. I dunno it just feels nice.

Call me weird.

I don't enjoy bright, sunny, warm days. The only time I prefer it is if I want to cycle my bike to work. I won't cycle in rain.

I agree with you. I am much happier in this weather. Lucky we get a lot of it, although this year seems to have had more warm and sunny days than ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Call me weird.

There is something kind of...cleansing about it isn't there..it's like it kind of blows away the mental cobwebs or something!

Advertisement