Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That is great news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

dtp, that doggie looks the picture of contentment. Well done for sticking by your loyal friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

madmaggie wrote: »
    dtp, that doggie looks the picture of contentment. Well done for sticking by your loyal friend.

I thought you were talking to me and I was thinking “They’re not my dogs!”. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Watching 'Halloweentown' while curled up on a windy afternoon.

Back to the 80's :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Banshee Bones.

I dare not ask.... :eek: And will need proof of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw a show about a young vet with the thickest Roscommon accent going who had moved up to NI. He was complaining about the local accent and how he couldn't understand it.
    I had to laugh :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I’m on a short break - planned v Covid - and in a Swiss bar with beer.

The phrase “pig in poo” fair leaps to mind!!!!

I saw a show about a young vet with the thickest Roscommon accent going who had moved up to NI. He was complaining about the local accent and how he couldn't understand it.
    I had to laugh :D

"Oh no, you didn't".. :pac:

Didn't 'discern' that it was a Roscommon accent that is (could've been a Galway, Mayo one perhaps, or another County even...)

I'll put it another way.. 'Did he say he was from Roscommon, or was it an accent that to your mind had to be a Roscommon one?'

#notallrossies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

A friend of mines showed up at mine and dropped off a load of chocolates and sweets because I've gotten bad news and she wanted to cheer me up.

Some people have heart that are made of gold.

• Advertisement

"Oh no, you didn't".. :pac:

Didn't 'discern' that it was a Roscommon accent that is (could've been a Galway, Mayo one perhaps, or another County even...)

I'll put it another way.. 'Did he say he was from Roscommon, or was it an accent that to your mind had to be a Roscommon one?'

#notallrossies :P
    I know my accents, you know. I've been around this fair isle. :cool:
    and they daid he was a Roscommon man.

I know my accents, you know. I've been around this fair isle. :cool:
    and they daid he was a Roscommon man.

That's what I thought :D It was mentioned that the chap was from Roscommon, and therefore there is no 'distinct thick Roscommon accent'. The esteemed poster above im humble o would not have clocked the 'locale of the thick accent' had the person's County not been mentioned.

#lobsters

TH that I'm right about this :pac:

I'll be more TH if nowt is said to moi about having a 'contra to someone else's TH opinion' :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

A big shite after a lovely fry in the work canteen.

You think you are skint but then find money in your other trousets :)

Been in bed sick all week my pal called last night to drop in a brand new electric blanket. Gem!

Big full moon tonight.
    Hope it is the same tomorrow so I will be able to see the Puca if he tries to creep up on me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I found a fully intact skeleton of a sea potatoe on the beach today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You think you are skint but then find money in your other trousets :)

What are these garments? Are they unisex

What are these garments? Are they unisex
    You want to borrow my trousets? Not everyone can pull off the lime green with purple polka dots look, you know :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

For the day that's in it, Halloween, listening to Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on CD.

• Advertisement

My errands are done for the day and I'm battening down the hatches. Probably watch a cheesy movie but IDC!!!

When you see a spider lower herself down on a single strand, then lie on her back in mid air and let all her legs hang loose and twirl around and around :)
    So chilled out, I bet if you spoke spider she would be saying 'Ah, I've been looking forward to this all day'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

My local bakery has started selling jars of cake, red velvet and fresh cream. Cake and jars, together at last :)
    Now I'm off to the TA thread because all my TH posts seem to be cake related :pac:

When you see a spider lower herself down on a single strand, then lie on her back in mid air and let all her legs hang loose and twirl around and around :)
    So chilled out, I bet if you spoke spider she would be saying 'Ah, I've been looking forward to this all day'.

David Attenborough over here :pac:

TH Ireland getting beat in the egg chasing contest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Archeron wrote: »
    My local bakery has started selling jars of cake, red velvet and fresh cream. Cake and jars, together at last :)
    Now I'm off to the TA thread because all my TH posts seem to be cake related :pac:

like this? https://www.sugarhero.com/red-velvet-cake-in-a-jar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

opening up to someone close to me and getting things off my chest :)

Flicking through Netflix and watching the trailer for 'Extras'. It's an episode with Kate Winslet in a habit talking 'dirty' to (character) Anne Frank and Joseph Goebbels. Forgot how funny that show could be.

Flicking through Netflix and watching the trailer for 'Extras'. It's an episode with Kate Winslet in a habit talking 'dirty' to (character) Anne Frank and Joseph Goebbels. Forgot how funny that show could be.

And 'Prescient' too - ends up getting an Oscar for playing a Nazi :cool:

A great rant about why she never won an Oscar - mentioning 'Christy Browne' and 'Rainman' :D Different times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hocus Pocus, candles and cat cuddles! Happy Halloween ðŸŽ႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

In a box upstairs I found four DVD-Rs with loads of family photos backed up from old digital cameras and long gone laptop. Last seen in 2012 - we thought they were lost forever. Loads of special occasions captured (christening, Christmas, Halloween etc) along with scans of much older photos. Thankfully all still play ok and have now been backed up again to standalone hard drive.

Advertisement