Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was initially happy to get an email from ebay that my parcel had been delivered…

At 10 am Saturday? when we were cut off and stormed in! Did DPD fly over!!Needless to say not here.....
    It was promised by An Post couriers...

The TV mag in Saturday's edition of "The Sun". Unlike the other newspapers it covers about 90 channels - very handy too for those stations that need to be "tuned in" and are not covered in Sky's TV Guide, such as ITV, Channel 5 etc,,

Might watch the Darts this eve starting at 7.00 on ITV4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

The TV mag in Saturday's edition of "The Sun". Unlike the other newspapers it covers about 90 channels - very handy too for those stations that need to be "tuned in" and are not covered in Sky's TV Guide, such as ITV, Channel 5 etc,,

Great tip. Wanted to get one yesterday ( a paper) solely for that purpose but I get overwhelmed by the choice. I'll pick one up next week TY :D

Great tip. Wanted to get one yesterday ( a paper) solely for that purpose but I get overwhelmed by the choice. I'll pick one up next week TY :D

:pac: Glad to be of help :D

"overwhelmed by choice" - There is no choice when you consider how poor the volume of TV channels covered in the rest of them are - It's a no brainer, and at E1.30 it's probably the cheapest too.

I've missed out myself before on Saturdays, and had a look at Sunday's offerings - dire altogether, as well as them behind the till wondering (probably) WTF is he at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I think I actually preferred the playing of a recorded crowd over the matches compared to the audience they had in there last night.

• Advertisement

I think I actually preferred the playing of a recorded crowd over the matches compared to the audience they had in there last night.

Missed that last night.... too tired. Be very strange atmosphere with SD methinks. Will reserve opinion till later, but I feel it will be very eerie... Very "Halloweenesque"

"overwhelmed by choice" - There is no choice when you consider how poor the volume of TV channels covered in the rest of them are - It's a no brainer, and at E1.30 it's probably the cheapest too.

I've missed out myself before on Saturdays, and had a look at Sunday's offerings - dire altogether, as well as them behind the till wondering (probably) WTF is he at :pac:

I know! I may not even use it tbh but there's something about seeing things in print at times that's easier!

Maybe less overwhelmed and running out the door of the supermarket as fast as possible - 0 dithering :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

@s

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dumping TV and radio was one of the best things I ever did. I have never in Ireland had or watched TV. Peace and silence are bliss... No newspapers either.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Dumping TV and radio was one of the best things I ever did. I have never in Ireland had or watched TV. Peace and silence are bliss... No newspapers either.

Hard to countenance life without those..

Reckon you listen to a few choons on YouTube :pac:

• Advertisement

When you know the insidious bullying and know it all behaviour is not going unnoticed.

TH - wind whistling outside, Jammies, sorry Loungewear inside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I've discovered that the TA thread can be very funny when you read the posts in the voice of Tony Hancock.

Getting up early in t'morning, and doing one's ablutations; using a good lorra hot water in the process, but the nighttime immersion is still timed for another hour or so.... Full tank o hot water for rest of day without (usually) having to give it a 'boost'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I live on the edge of a town beside a busy road.
    People use it as a park and ride, parking on footpaths and blocking my view of oncoming traffic when pulling out.
    TH is it pissed down rain about 15 mins ago and I see one of the cars has an open window .
    Good enough for them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    I live on the edge of a town beside a busy road.
    People use it as a park and ride, parking on footpaths and blocking my view of oncoming traffic when pulling out.
    TH is it pissed down rain about 15 mins ago and I see one of the cars has an open window .
    Good enough for them

Park and ride you say.....

:D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    So ^^^^ this was 3 months ago. She had 2 major operations since and is fully recovered now. 2 scars on her belly approx 10” each. She’s the toughest creature I’ve ever met apart from my mother.

Just goes to show how important it is to trust our gut when it comes to our pets. I had my cat at the vet a while ago as she was off her food. They did full blood tests, exam etc and couldn't find anything. Just gave me some high calorie food for her and said not much else they could do.

I just knew in my heart there was something else there so I took her to a vet my neighbour highly recommended and within ten seconds, he found a lump in her neck. I don't know how the first vet missed it tbh. Anyway so it turned out to be hyperthyroidism (and T4 levels weren't checked by first vet even though the bloods were meant to be "complete").

So now we are sending her to UCD for radioactive iodine treatment which has a really high success rate. Fingers crossed she will beat this thing :)

Antares35 wrote: »
    Just goes to show how important it is to trust our gut when it comes to our pets. I had my cat at the vet a while ago as she was off her food. They did full blood tests, exam etc and couldn't find anything. Just gave me some high calorie food for her and said not much else they could do.

I just knew in my heart there was something else there so I took her to a vet my neighbour highly recommended and within ten seconds, he found a lump in her neck. I don't know how the first vet missed it tbh. Anyway so it turned out to be hyperthyroidism (and T4 levels weren't checked by first vet even though the bloods were meant to be "complete").

So now we are sending her to UCD for radioactive iodine treatment which has a really high success rate. Fingers crossed she will beat this thing :)

Poor button. Hope it works out for you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Poor button. Hope it works out for you all :)

Thank you! She's the best cat in the world, 15 years together now :)

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thank you! She's the best cat in the world, 15 years together now :)

They are so much fun! I have no pets but I really want one. I've asked my LL but he hasn't answered yet. I know he hates cats so we'll see! I live alone and could definitely use the company!!

Bit of a laugh watching Six One, interviewing foreign correspondent in "Washington". Apparently in front of White House, however a closer look revealed a split screen. Bottom half had three people moving around on an oversized lawn, top half a frozen shot of the WH. Reporter could have been in counting deer in Phoenix Park before the cameras started rolling. RTÉ pinching pennies after oversized salaries drain the coffers. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kevin the carrot is back :) Can’t wait for more of his adventures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Kevin the carrot is back :) Can’t wait for more of his adventures :)

Oh ffs.... Grrrrrrrrr..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Been watching Bill Alexander the artiest on Youtube. His enthusiasm for life is brilliant.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I can see the sky today . Cold I can deal with and wrap up. !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I can see the sky today . Cold I can deal with and wrap up. !

+1 - There have been some magnificent skies the last few evenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you get a fright but its actually what you needed to wake you up properly

Daycent choons on Cork's power 87fm the whoe time I was in the car - love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Made myself a Galaxy hot chocolate tonight after a very difficult day with work. A few moments of pure frothy chocolatey goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Mouse number 2 was caught this evening,finally!And all it seem to take to entice him was a few crumbles of Fourme de Montbrison cheese. I should of kept him/her as a pet with such tastes but he is in the park now. Hope he/her will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Beatles

Advertisement