Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Was up at 5.15 for the gym so while I was waiting checked website for out of stock coat (for me) x 2 and both available after a few days of trawling local branches and checking online. Yay!

Was up at 5.15 for the gym so while I was waiting checked website for out of stock coat (for me) x 2 and both available after a few days of trawling local branches and checking online. Yay!

Well wear :D

TH cos I'm no much TA'd atm :pac:

Well wear :D

TH cos I'm no much TA'd atm :pac:

Thank you :pac:

I will only keep 1 lol

I also have no TA (yet lol) as mostly TH's today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Getting another Christmas card in the post today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Clever track sequencing on Now albums.

Now 13
    Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love
    Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
    Human League - Love Is All That Matters
    all in a row
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! That was a great compilation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! That was a great compilation!

It's very good - was up against Hits 9 at the time which was poorly marketed (but I actually prefer)

Eo03VhZW4A88JHG?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got a new tattoo today,wasnt planned.
    But it was a great deal and she had a free spot this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I came second in our global company quiz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubstarr wrote: »

are you going to tell us what the tattoo is of?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Won the work lotto :)

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I came second in our global company quiz :D
    Autosport wrote: »
    Won the work lotto :)

Coinkydinky :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

dubstarr wrote: »

TH - I forgot tattooists are open again!! Just messaged the guy who does me so fingers crossed !!!

Pixie was very good, and it was great being back in the cinema again after a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After the drama in my TA yes, I walked the long way back to work alone.
    This generated two TH's, 1. The number of men* who were sitting outside coffee shops chatting with friends/family/colleagues/teammates.
    2. A dog ran up to me for a head rub and the young man who came to take the dog back to its table didn't run a mile from me as I'm so old and fat**.

* I'm a passionate advocate of normalizing men talking to each other in general, even more so outside of alcoholic inspired crap/enviroments.
    ** Currently dealing with a lot of clients who say this very thing to me to avoid having to do what is needed to improve their situation.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Saw a handmade 'Satan, Please Stop Here' poster in someomes window :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Saw a handmade 'Satan, Please Stop Here' poster in someomes window :eek::pac:

I've seen ones along the lines of:

"It's not the dog you should be afraid of, it's the wife"

:D

I baked twice today - Christmas sugar cookies, and a chocolate version.

I’m now going to eat my misshapes with many beers while watching footy.

Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Scented candles

I bought 4 different types in Ikea, only 2 euro each

Using the vanilla for the next while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The laughing from the kids. We were sitting in a carpark outside a McDonald's drive through where effing seagulls are everywhere, picking at bins and dropped chips etc.
    One was sitting on a car in front of us ,where the people were eating. Anyway there car takes off with the gull sitting on top. We see it leave the carpark, drive down the street, around a roundabout and onto the main road with the gull still sitting on the roof. The laughs from all 3 of us at the sight of it :)

I made two different types of Swiss sugar Christmas cookies and they turned out so well I’m making them again and giving them as gifts to my friends mam and to the handymen in work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's the start of the last working week of the year, half day Friday then two glorious weeks off to eat myself into a coma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

PsychoPete wrote:
    It's the start of the last working week of the year, half day Friday then two glorious weeks off to eat myself into a coma

Who are you and why have you stolen my identity?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

All my assignment deadlines got extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Received a thoughtful gift from my Landlady for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Coming out of the shopping center earlier & a Tesco staff member was handing out a small paper bag with a free hot chocolate & a mini mince pie in it!!

Such a lovely thing to happen on a Monday of all days too :)

I was in Galway for a couple of hours today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bought and set up my first Christmas tree with the other half

v8bwtTUl.jpg

^^^^

:D Yep, definitely looks like there's a tree in there somewhere :D

That's some decoration job.... Props :)

Having a nice cup of decent coffee, but more TH is listening to the children in the primary school playground nearby. The excitement is building every day now! Lovely to hear them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

A long one, and a bit moan-y at first, so apologies:
    TH for students saying thank you.

I know third level students have been having a hard time learning online - especially first years -but these last number of months have also been really trying for lecturers. Between new tech, constant changes to working conditions, adapting courses - sometimes with very little notice - and trying to actually facilitate student learning in seminars, it's been a less-than -fun couple of months. Everything is so much more time consuming that usual. And we're currently down nearly a quarter of the workforce in my department because of covid cases, so I've been doing the work of others, too - 60-70 hours per week for the last four weeks just on teaching, with zero time for research. I'm just so tired now.

But today, when I've been holding individual meetings for students, several of them have thanked me for the courses I've run, or for giving detailed feedback, or told me how much they learned. And it means the world. Very few students every say thank you. It's probably just a throwaway couple of words for those who did say it today, but I cannot overstate how much just hearing those words has made my day. I mean I did, of course, make it awkward by thanking them for thanking me, but hey - at least I'm facing in to the rest of the afternoon feeling much better than I did this morning.

Advertisement