Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finally got into 'town' and got some fleece leggings,
    I'm down to my last pair and they will never last this winter. M&S ones seemed like a light fleece and a little long.

Bought them anyway, found they are only a tiny bit too long but not sweeping the ground, so will wear with washing.

New expensive legging ready to wear on sat!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

We had to bring our 16 year old dog on that dreaded trip to the vet today convinced he would have to be put asleep but turns out his time isn’t up yet he has arthritis which can be helped with some medication

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

js35 wrote: »
    We had to bring our 16 year old dog on that dreaded trip to the vet today convinced he would have to be put asleep but turns out his time isn’t up yet he has arthritis which can be helped with some medication

Day. Made. Smiling here. So happy for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Wonder Woman 1984 at the cinema tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

js35 wrote: »

I’d love to give your post a million thanks :) Best news I’ve heard today :)

• Advertisement

A lecturer who said they would have results back by Christmas eve messaged to say it will now be the new year before they will be out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tiny, tiny one here..

One of the hyacinth bulbs I planted and carefully nurtured hoping for a Christmas blooming… is showing unfolding deep blue petals, and oh the fragrance.

Delighted...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Managed to find a parking space in Dunnes that didn't involve reversing into it and was close to the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Beautiful afternoon. Enjoyed a long walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

One of the best xmas shows I've seen was that reindeer thing on bbc. It sounds really boring, they herd their reindeer for miles through the snow to get away from the colder weather. They put a camera on the herder's sleigh and that was it following them along. It was so relaxing, seeing the sky change colour throughout, hearing the jingle bells. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Wonder Woman 1984 was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Playing the newly released From Elvis In Nashville box - all those great 1970 recordings without overdubs, orchestration or strings. Brilliant.

EprVVJgXUAAR2uT?format=jpg&name=small

That the fire (stove) caught first time.... ;)

Baby puffins- Pufflings. So cute! :)

DE8fOUxXsAIAOGq.jpg
    093ed4c60d2d8f93a7b28068262d4f4b.jpg

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:):):)

Some nice sun today to chase off the winter blues. Lovely starry night last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My long term friend from Nigeria got engaged recently. I sent him on a present online, hope he gets it before his 40th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My little babba is in her babbling/ pre-talk stage and every so often she sits in her cot "talking" to inanimate objects, and sounds a bit like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. It's creepy and cute and hilarious all at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RLF71

Being mistaken for Santa Claus in my local shop. Little girl came up and told me what she wanted for Christmas, And also told me how bold her brothers were and to not give them anything. Made me happy to instill that magic. But made me sad I am that old, hairy, and fat to pass as Santa Claus.

Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice. Time for new beginnings and longer days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice. Time for new beginnings and longer days.

So true..
    Once tmr is over I know things are picking up...
    Tis one of the few things keeping me going !

Baby puffins- Pufflings. So cute! :)

DE8fOUxXsAIAOGq.jpg
    093ed4c60d2d8f93a7b28068262d4f4b.jpg

OOOOOOHHH

It is one of my greatest life wishes to watch puffins BUT TO HOLD ONE! I gather there are nests in spring at the far end of the island but too far for me to walk.

THANK YOU! This is like an early Christmas gift! May I download one for my desktop please!!!!!

Graces7 wrote: »
    OOOOOOHHH

It is one of my greatest life wishes to watch puffins BUT TO HOLD ONE! I gather there are nests in spring at the far end of the island but too far for me to walk.

THANK YOU! This is like an early Christmas gift! May I download one for my desktop please!!!!!
    By all means. I got the pics from Google Images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Holidays today

Sib will be off in the coming lockdown BUT dog school is OPEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I bought a book a few weeks ago for my mum and she dropped it into conversation since that she has no interest in reading it.
    I knew I had binned the receipt but the shop's sticker was still on it.
    I went into the store today and explained the situation and asked if I could change it for another book.
    The young lady couldn't have been nicer, she even helped me find the replacement on the shelf.
    I ended up spending more than the first book was worth just to give them the business as gratitude.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ade Edminddon is on University Challenge. Ade Edmondson makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Ade Edminddon is on University Challenge. Ade Edmondson makes me happy.

I love the clip from the Young Ones they played to introduce him, it's my favourite epsiode!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Did all my Christmas shopping in November. Looks dog rough out there, you people are mental leaving it this late... I'm going to run and hide now before I get my ass kicked

• Advertisement

I bought a pair of trainers and they were reduced in the sale so got 10 euro back. It is Trivial but good all the same!

Advertisement