Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

Getting so much drying done on the line over the weekend. One of the many positives of this beautiful sunny weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got confusing info from my first jab and factored a two week period between the jab and freedom.
    Its a single week post jab which means I'll be a free person by this day next week:).

I cant actually figure out what that will mean yet!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Barbecue for dinner earlier on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This morning I had a lovely hot shower, and thoroughly enjoyed it. That's because, being an easily led fool, I had listened to a friend telling me all about the wonderful invigorating start of the day that follows the Wim Hof method (it's ok, it's not a sexual deviant practice), and have followed it for the prescribed four weeks. It basically involves ruining the end of a nice warm shower with a blast of cold water, of slowly but surely lengthening periods of time. It's actually torture, and I thought I would have to resort to installing a defibrillator in the shower room at one stage

Anyway, common sense has prevailed, and I will leave it to others to endure this "method"

And I'll be back to enjoying my shower

• Advertisement

When the finished product matches the concept. Few weeks ago, set about rejigging the garden proper. In fading light this evening, applied the finishing touches. Stood up, brushed off the soil and let out a short breath. Done and dusted. Only the occasional weeding/mowing of lawn until late autumn. The simple things in life mean everything, that garden is a sanctuary of sorts and reminds me the most of my late father. People talk about finding solace in tranquil surroundings, even this jaded cynic has a soft spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When the shop assistant gives you a bit off: it is €10.60 for eg and they say 'ten will do ya'.

Also when a shop assistant calls you Love or Pet or Dear. It reminds me of my ma and gives me a little boost.

Back at the library today after nearly six months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A tale of two dentists...Went today to get a couple of dental implants, went well, extremely well, zero pain, looks great and very happy... all be it my wallet a lot lighter..

I called a relative who was having the same done, extractions followed by a couple of implants, a different practice... staring the treatments/procedures today also....

The fücker extracted the wrong tooth on her. :O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, the company who make Hearts of Iron IV, a strategy wargame based on the second world war have decided to add Captain Sir Tom Moore as a leader in the latest update. A really nice little touch I think.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Got a date for my covid vaccine next week :)

This message I got out of the blue from a firm and person I know well, this am.
    Hi Breda, you know that thing you need to do but has been freaking you out ? we will do it for you, just let us know what you want to do.
    Note this is a free service for our clients.

A two minute phone call and all the jobs done and BB is more relaxed about everything now!

Th, ppl in the know doing the job they are paid for and doing it free for me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, the company who make Hearts of Iron IV, a strategy wargame based on the second world war have decided to add Captain Sir Tom Moore as a leader in the latest update. A really nice little touch I think.

If anyone's interested, here he is:

9piuczfvv0371.png

uiqwdf1nxv271.png

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

The buttercups look particularly lovely at this time of year, especially when the sun catches them just right :)

As trivial as it gets but I like when I look at After Hours and see that the last person that posted in the TA thread is also the last person that posted in the TH thread. I like the fact that no matter how annoyed by things people get they will still let the sunshine in so to speak and no matter how happy something makes them they will still be TA'd over something too. It just makes me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was going to buy a bouquet of flowers yesterday in a shop but they were €10 and I just didn't want to spend that.
    I came home and made my own posey of ferns, chives with the purple flowers on top and buttercups and put them in a nice vase.
    Honestly, they are lovely, cheery and completely free.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just one of those little victories at work: asked to find out if a certain font was used in over 1,600 Microsoft Word documents. A bit of Powershell scripting later, let it run for 20 minutes, and it finds three that we’d missed before. Technology.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hats off, that must have given you a great feeling. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I recently gave up a part time job. The boss lady was a demanding oul wagon. The relief of not having that stress is wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

madmaggie wrote: »
    I recently gave up a part time job. The boss lady was a demanding oul wagon. The relief of not having that stress is wonderful.

Well done :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Nothing trivial about that!

Did you feck her off and walk out?
    Everyone should do that once in their life, it is an amazing feeling :D:cool:

Bredabe wrote: »
    Got confusing info from my first jab and factored a two week period between the jab and freedom.
    Its a single week post jab which means I'll be a free person by this day next week:).

I cant actually figure out what that will mean yet!

Aaaaaand cut! past the seven day mark now, off now to find the lightest masks I can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,461 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Other than some severe allergies, the dog got a clean bill of health in his latest check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I got ramps for my car, drove up on them (with chocks for the back wheels for safety ;) ) and flushed out the antifreeze in my car

Using distilled water and it took 4 flushes to get it coming out clean and clear. Fresh new antifreeze in there now

Next weekend I will change the oil and oil filter.

A car mechanic learns this in their first week and would scoff. But I am a happy amateur, it was my first time doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

Met a friend last night for a dip in the sea. It was windy so kinda choppy and we got in and got bashed by the waves for a few minutes. Felt like I was about 11 again on my holiyers in Wexford! Great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Out for a spin with my teenage daughter and just chatting away. As a father, people have warned me that when daughters hit a certain age, you sort of lose them for a few years. Hasn't happened yet thankfully.

Even talk of plans for daytrips over the Summer.

I got my second covid-19 vaccine this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

Neames wrote: »
    Out for a spin with my teenage daughter and just chatting away. As a father, people have warned me that when daughters hit a certain age, you sort of lose them for a few years. Hasn't happened yet thankfully.

Even talk of plans for daytrips over the Summer.

I love car chats with the children. Very revealing and often fun. You're lucky to still have the good connection. Embrace it.

• Advertisement

I got a text message earlier to tell me I'll be getting my first vaccine jab on Tuesday. Great to see things moving in the right direction now. Vaccination is the golden ticket out of this mess. Roll on the good times :)

Advertisement