Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sitting outside Costa today in the sunshine, and it felt so good to do something so normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭its_steve116

90 minutes to the new season of Love Island!
    Yes I know it's tacky, cringey and totally fake bit it's also complete escapism and a break from all things in reality!

Get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Get a life.

Get a grip and don't let someone elses viewing choice irritate you as much as it seems it does .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

MOD: Folks, attack the post, not the poster and use the report button instead of replying directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had good reason to think that a work email a/c with my name on it and which may have had confidential information was being attacked.
    No response from the computer guru(being a weekend, when I believe most attacks are scheduled to happen) phone lines unattended due to civil unrest in the country of origins and colleagues here as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

The constant beeping from the phone as a new code to unlock the account was freaking me out.

Still no response by early yesterday morning, decided I couldn't live with me awfulizing the situation as I didn't know the limits of the potential damage.

Rang three numbers and finally got a person who didn't really understand me but was able to see the source of the issue and advise correctly.

Three hours later the whole thing is over and done with. I feel so liberated!!!!!!!!

Just my usual 9 million day to day worries to freak out about now, th.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    Had good reason to think that a work email a/c with my name on it and which may have had confidential information was being attacked.
    No response from the computer guru(being a weekend, when I believe most attacks are scheduled to happen) phone lines unattended due to civil unrest in the country of origins and colleagues here as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

The constant beeping from the phone as a new code to unlock the account was freaking me out.

Still no response by early yesterday morning, decided I couldn't live with me awfulizing the situation as I didn't know the limits of the potential damage.

Rang three numbers and finally got a person who didn't really understand me but was able to see the source of the issue and advise correctly.

Three hours later the whole thing is over and done with. I feel so liberated!!!!!!!!

Just my usual 9 million day to day worries to freak out about now, th.

"awfulizing the situation" is my new jam. "What are you up to today Ohno?". "I'll be busy awfulizing the situation".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Tour de France pile up...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A good quality toilet paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A good quality toilet paper.

Happy to see you back Boom :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »
    Happy to see you back Boom :)

The Boom is back!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Boom is back!?!

Oh noes... if the house prices sky-rocket, we'll know who to blame.

New Home wrote: »
    Oh noes... if the house prices sky-rocket, we'll know who to blame.

The only think inflating will be my sky rocket.

Jeeeeezzz, i'm only back 2 minutes and already it's started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see The Father at the cinema this afternoon

I have the afternoon off.

It's Friday. I've nay plans except to have fun. :)

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see The Father at the cinema this afternoon

Change of Plan - Going to see The Fast & Furious 9 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I'm going to the Midlands tomorrow.

Aldi Malted Milk biscuits

062764006435200-A.jpg?o=n%40QcwfIqqNpUbmkExNAGzUzr49cj&V=RdD0&w=200&h=250&p=2&q=88

Aldi Malted Milk biscuits

062764006435200-A.jpg?o=n%40QcwfIqqNpUbmkExNAGzUzr49cj&V=RdD0&w=200&h=250&p=2&q=88

looks yummy!

branie2 wrote: »
    looks yummy!

and ridiculously cheap as well. only 59c if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

as of now 13.35 Friday July 2nd 2021... I have 3 and a half days free of responsibility, free of having to be anywhere, having to do anything, having meet anyone... my dental appointment went extremely well so, I’m going to chill the fûck out, Netflix, a little exercise, PS4 , cook some nice food, have some new games I haven’t opened yet and just do fück all..

The sound of the birds outside. God I love nature. :)

The Fast and Furious 9 was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Getting feedback that I’m actually really good at my job. Interviewed for a new position a few weeks and found out today that I got it. A few years ago I did an interview for another position and was so disappointed that I didn’t get it. It was one of a few things that went wrong in my life in a short amount of time and led to an identity crisis. So to get brilliant feedback and be told that I can’t really improve on my performance is huge.
    I was also studying and preparing for the interview in the midst of a massive family crisis when my stress levels were at all an time high.
    Bit emotional tonight!

Poached eggs on toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭HBC08

Driving around the coast in west Mayo bright at 10 o clock,all the windows down listening to John Creedon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I changed the dead battery in my trusty old swatch watch , with ones I bought in a pound shop years ago.
    Effing jeweller charges €10 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

Getting out for a sea swim today with a friend who is under huge strain with her elderly parents' health. Chatting and seeing her smiling face in the waves made me happy! Therapy at its best! And we didn't get rained on!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to the gym this morning. Got there before they opened and the weights room was empty save for me and one of the regulars for over half an hour. It was so nice.

Also, think I've got some of the hearing in my left ear back. Seems to get blocked easily so that's nice.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Rearranged some of the smaller items in my home office, found that a lot of the items fitted into various plastic jars and containers that were headed for the bin!

Tidy and saving the world from plastic pollution!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement