Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sorted the candles I need for the Advent Wreath this weekend. From a reliable firm! The ones I really wanted are from a firm who do not reply to emails so I rethought.. Will be here tomorrow when we get one of our rare postal deliveries...

Of course ordered a few other small things... ;) To get the free shipping, you understand!

All without getting out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got my new orthotics today. I'll be lepping around like Michael Flatley (slight exaggeration)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Th the word Lepping:)

2 kg packet of knitteds all ready to send to Canada... Last before Christmas... all taped up and neat.. a good job well done.,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Thinking of my Uncle's funeral from yesterday, it was bittersweet but good ultimately. A few people got up to give eulogies and had the everyone in the church laughing with their stories of him. He was a a gas character to me anyway but finding out some stories I never knew about him was so nice and funny. I feel like I know him more now than before he died.
    TH at seeing my Aunt and cousins laughing so hard, that was especially nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another out and about getting things done sort of day.

TH at a young lady from Eir phoning about a security issue with our broadband. She was very patient as I booted up a very slow laptop before following her instructions as best I could. 17 minutes in to the call I finally found the key she wanted beside the Cntl key. She asked what the key was and wasn't too pleased when I said it was the "**** Off" key. Still it amused me as I ate my breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Th the word Lepping:)

It's me flat Carlaaa accent!

A few little TH's from today.

There is very little I consider myself good at but one thing I think I'm very good at is making kids laugh, I've always been able to do that and I love doing it. I made two kids and their mother laugh earlier in my apartment block and it felt great.

Browsing movies to watch and seeing one titled Fire Down Below. The immature boy in me got a good chuckle out of that.

Seeing a movie franchise titled The Gingerdead Man about a murderer who is executed on death row but gets reincarnated as an evil gingerbread man when his ashes are mixed up with gingerbread spice mix and baked in an oven. Just the fact that many people put time, effort and passion into making ridiculous nonsense like this warms my cold black heart. Already I know I will watch these movies very soon but the titles are just puntastic. There is The Gingerdead Man, Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver and the best movie title I have ever heard Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust.
    Just glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

^^^^^^^ Passions Of The Crust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Fire Down Below - sounds like thrush! :D

TH only 2 days to the weekend.

• Advertisement

Oh and this thread too, probably my favourite thread on Boards. I love seeing all the trivial and not so trivial things that bring joy and happiness to peoples lives in what can be a cold and unforgiving world at times. If I'm feeling down this is a good place to come too so I can siphon some happiness off others like a vampire. Thank you all for that! :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ Passions Of The Crust :D
    imgb91b1fac.jpg?size=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Going out the back and getting the smell of the seaside. Familiar and comforting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Guy Person wrote: »
    imgb91b1fac.jpg?size=500

Am in knots here , they are priceless , thanks for sharing Guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Another out and about getting things done sort of day.

TH at a young lady from Eir phoning about a security issue with our broadband. She was very patient as I booted up a very slow laptop before following her instructions as best I could. 17 minutes in to the call I finally found the key she wanted beside the Cntl key. She asked what the key was and wasn't too pleased when I said it was the "**** Off" key. Still it amused me as I ate my breakfast.

That has made my day, well done you!
    I played it really sarcastic with one of them one day. She sensed the sardonic tone pretty fast and called me a 'liar' in her Asian accent and dropped my call.
    I'd love to have a rape prevention whistle beside the phone and absolutely blast their eardrum out.. Heehee.

To thine own self be true

imgb91b1fac.jpg?size=500

That really is deeply, deeply offensive and disrespectful.

So disappointed and shocked.

Blessings and peace and
    fare thee well,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh and this thread too, probably my favourite thread on Boards. I love seeing all the trivial and not so trivial things that bring joy and happiness to peoples lives in what can be a cold and unforgiving world at times. If I'm feeling down this is a good place to come too so I can siphon some happiness off others like a vampire. Thank you all for that! :D

If you haven't seen it yet, go to the Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows forum. :)
    That has made my day, well done you!
    I played it really sarcastic with one of them one day. She sensed the sardonic tone pretty fast and called me a 'liar' in her Asian accent and dropped my call.
    I'd love to have a rape prevention whistle beside the phone and absolutely blast their eardrum out.. Heehee.

Dig out that old singing Barney the Dinosaur toy you have in the attic: "Oh I see... sure, any key? Which one is the any key? Let me check... I'll put you on hold just a second while I look for it." Switch toy on. "I love you, you love me.... " etc, ad infinitum et ad nauseam. :D

Graces7 wrote: »
    That really is deeply, deeply offensive and disrespectful.

So disappointed and shocked.

Blessings and peace and
    fare thee well,
    Sorry if you were offended Graces, that was not and is never my intention with anybody. The entire thing is ridiculous which is why I find it so funny but each to their own it's not for you and I respect that.

Peace to you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH that we got the church ready for advent yesterday and had fun doing it.

Guy, that gingerbread is a step too far for me and quite offensive. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

TH, this thread this morning, gas stuff.

• Advertisement

TH cup of tea after running out the door at the very crack of daylight without so much as a cardi. It was so mild all night I didn't even think of it, my body was in Spring mode. Of course you'd soon feel the damp chill when you're out and not rushing so much. I was leaning against the hot food counter for warmth when I stopped at a shop. I did a happy shiver when I got my hands around the tea. Little things

Ps. *whispers* As someone with slightly irreverent humour (mostly unintentional) I felt for you this morning Guy :)

Ps. *whispers* As someone with slightly irreverent humour (mostly unintentional) I felt for you this morning Guy :)
    Ah sure not to worry Wid, just some people disagree with me about something. That's life, no biggie, we agree to disagree and move on :) This time two days ago I was at a funeral, puts things into perspective.

TH at how productive I have been this morning. 10 minutes on the foam roller, 20 minutes of pilates, 20 minutes walking, showered, shaved, drove to work, had a busy first 3 hours here and now having a well deserved breakfast.

People always disagree kindly which is the main thing

Th my parcel was delivered by dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH to have finished the least favourite module I’ve ever had so far in three and a half years of college

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Overheard on the luas, 'they looked like she had attacked them with a drunken scissors',
    I assume it was a comment about an amature attempt to trim frabic.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I asked my 4yo niece what she wanted to be when she grew up ... she replied “I want to be my Auntie (honeybear)”. Sweet

My black swing coat. Fur collar and cuffs. Feel like a Tsarina.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tomorrow is Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Knives Out at the cinema tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My cat alerted me to something outside my living room window just now. I thought it was another cat, it usually is. Tonight it was a FOX, brazen as you like looking right in the window at us!

Advertisement