Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's been a long year without using annual leave working 6 days a week with a few extra hours some evenings so I'm definitely having a week of doing sweet f**k all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We can sleep soundly tonight as soon as our heads hit our pillowcases! 😁

Meow.. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

One of the little kittens in the greenhouse marched up to me, and meowed in a very demanding manner, exactly like it's mother. I think they realise I'm not threat, just some big eejit who provides food and shelter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Make sure you handle them when they're young so they're not afraid of people. Kittens are so adorable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy at the day ahead. All it holds and all it promises. Sweet Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I had just enough toilet paper for my morning coffee, but phew it was close

I'm alive. I'm breathing. Plus I've a lot else to be thankful for.

• Advertisement

Food in the eating place.. fire in the hearth.. a safe roof ... a cat on the bed... HOME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Somebody bought me a huge bag of flumps 😁

Peace. Awake in the night and not a sound to be heard. A deep, deep peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve family living in Tampa and a message through from my cousin that they missed the worst of the hurricane. They all had to evacuate alright but only superficial damage caused by the hurricane…..to fencing, a gutter and a very small part of the pool decking but nothing that can’t be fixed and nothing other then incidentals..

Socks on a chilly morning,, They do not have to match... as long as there are two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That we aren’t like the English.. lads cutting the street with a road saw. I had to get something from the car and shouted at him “ keep it down I’m trying to have a **** in there “

his reply ? “Aye it’ can be hard to find the time 😝 “

Being snug abed in the gale and rain and no need to go anywhere and fuel inside to light the stove. Knitting and youtube...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Received a parcel via DHL this morning and they only asked for €4.86 in VAT. I was expecting to pay €40. Happy days.

My greenhouse is in a mess from being a playground for 4 very lively kittens. They stampede towards me, knowing I mean food. Mammy cat having her op next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any pics of said kittens 😸😸?

Video chatting with my niece and nephew yesterday and straight away they said "Hey boi" in thick cork accents 😁!

Kittens don't stay still!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

not trivial but so grateful for the wonderful day I spent with 10 great humans..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

They dont, but that is healthy and they look well taken card of, well done you for looking after them!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Chatting with my niece during the week(she is high powered so we don't talk much)

Turns out despite her academic achievements, well paid job, stable relationship and almost free house in a nice area(thing most ppl label achievements)

She is a cat lady! taking in strays/injured that come her way, doing what she can for them and letting them live in their garden.

Th for the cats involved and that she has taken after the family love of animals despite being the opposite of what most ppl would label a cat lady.

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for sharing, there absolutely beautiful 😁.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Super mega chocolate bar sale in the local polish supermarket. Summer edition princessa pistachio brownie bars for thirty cent each, I'll have a clatter of those please 🙂

You wouldn't get a slap outside the Cadbury factory for thirty cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Lovely Speech and Language therapist who brought me a tray with tea, Yogurt and biscuits while I wait in A&E with Dad

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trivial happy. Let me stress that. They have mince pies in ALDI. MINCE PIES!!! Should be made available all year, if you ask me.

• Advertisement

About five years ago I was working with a youngster who was living as a woman in order to meet the requirements for relevant surgery, we had great chats about clothes/hair/makeup etc.

Today I meet her again, she looks so poised has evolved such a wonderful voice, seems so happy in herself. She's even decided to let her hair go fully grey.

*Something many of my colleagues wouldn't dare do.

Advertisement