Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A glass of good Bourbon and watching a good Western Big Jake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Google maps tells me it’s a 2.56 h drive so I might give it a skip tonight. The only place in Kilkenny I’ve been to is Graigenamanagh? . A lovely spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Randomly it has a reptile farm there.

I just found out that a few of my friends are actually out in Kilkenny too tonight. In my head I'd love to have gone but in reality, I'm always whacked on Friday nights 😏

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I knew a couple of snakey hoors from Kilkenny 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A nice tasty, flavourful thick homemade stew for lunch with homemade bread.

some quality rest in front of the TV.

a nice fast pace 20 minutes on the treadmill. And relaxing for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The clock in my car is telling the correct time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just realized I've no work tomorrow.

Didn't enter my head all weekend for some reason 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Met a young man I worked with ages ago, he was struggling to stay in school long enough to get an apprenticeship,

He was dropping his gorgeous daughter into a Halloween party wearing a stunning witch costume he made for her on his work breaks.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cooking Sunday roast and it turns out fantastic and doing the washing up/clean up while cooking so that nobody else has to do any cleanup after.

And feeling smug afterwards.

😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Free travel ! I love it ! Going for a spin on the train tomorrow because we can !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Snug bed.... safe home.... cats asleep...Goodnight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We had two very special small trick or treaters (my niece and nephew) a small little spiderman and a little princess, fierce excitement 😁 made my evening to see them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Trick or treating with two of my nephews last night, they were so excited about it and even more so when 5 yr old's best friend from school joined in, she lives around the corner. He had her invited back to his house afterwards in no time - fast mover 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Nobody knocked for Halloween last night so I have a big bag of sweets with no home. Gonna be eating mini refresher bars and drumsticks for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My snug bed as the storm rages and roars ... not yet 5 am and that I need not emerge today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

took a sneaky trip into the city earlier...

was walking up one of the streets and next time I was suddenly in the midst of the most wonderful smell of fresh basil... didn't take me long to figure out where it was coming from; Iago - an Italian deli in the city..

I went in, spoke to the lady working there - she was in the middle of making fresh basil pesto.. wow - twas divine.. got myself 100g for dinner tonight - wow - the smell of it is something else.. isn't nature wonderful

if ye are in Cork or ever visiting - you should check out Iago

decent number of callers but made way too many goodie bags, most of the 10 left be off to my cousins kids to munch but will keep a couple back.. in fact might pig out this evening….

I came home from work tonight wrecked and grumpy with the intention of flaking out for the night. I put on some music while I was washing up after dinner and rediscovered an album I listened to probably hundreds of times when it first came out but haven't listened to in ages which led me to dancing around the gaff for about forty minutes, sure I had a whale of a time! 😀

• Advertisement

Feeling a bit low and sorry for myself yes, made worse by the fact that I had sent messages to ppl to finalise arrangements and no one answered by then. that prompted me to remember that I have ppl who always read my messages, maybe not quickly or in my preferred time frame, but they always read them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was doing a bit of online clothes shopping recently and for some reason bought a dressing gown. I only ever remember having one in my life...when I was about 6. Anyway, I just got it the other day and it's amazing! Really soft and warm, but the really impressive thing is that it nearly reaches down to my ankles...and I'm 6'5".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My leg is finally healing 3 weeks after an incident with boiling water. My wonderful neighbour who is a nurse spared me a trip to A+E.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My younger cat is happily kneading and purring on my bed and he's so loud I can feel the vibrations through duvet, blanket and mattress on my feet. I'm kitten-smitten.

Was really tired on Friday evening and pledged to have a lazy ‘me’ weekend…and achieved it.. feeling the better of it.

good relaxation ✅

good food ✅

good sport on TV ✅

space to do some life planning ✅

start of Xmas shopping ✅

starting what should be a good week, ahead of the curve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I went to IKEA today, first time in years, and had lunch there. Got the full Swedish Meatball special, which says 12 meatballs, but I was slightly confused after eating five or six and there were still 13 left… heh.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

I got some art items today from a company (knew they didn't need them so asked if I could have some) - I offered them € but they said no as they didn't need them.. i really wanted to give em something so I asked them if I could donate to a charity of their choice instead.. to which they said ok and suggested one..

happy days.. the thing I love most about this is that when someone is kind, it makes you wanna be kind.. its contagious

BE KIND

Christmas ads back on the TV. Love it 🎅🎊🎉

• Advertisement

Watching a small car on a suburban road slow down to let a cat cross safely!

Advertisement