Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

not trivial at all.. (is there a non trivial happy thread?)..

spending sublime quality time with loved ones.. hmmmm

feeling so much gratitude for my adorable family and good friends and being able to spend time with them and actually hug them!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I'm going to enjoy some fudge. Opening the packet now. Probably in danger of horsing into most of the packet. But I know in a few days I can console myself that was last year...

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Had a good Christmas. Flew in from Stansted and there was a warning about delays on the way back due to Border Force strikes. Get back yesterday and I don't have to go through immigration at all. Straight through in less than 5 minutes. Even got my bus despite Ryanair's delays.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's only 24 hours left of 2022 and for 1 minutes tomorrow night all the hopes and dreams of 2023 are wished upon (and won't mean a thing come 00.02 Jan 1st)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going to see two of favorite little people today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

At peace. Fire lit; cats asleep and I am about to join them... Happy that I can sleep when I need to not when folk are expected to sleep! The last days have been lovely but am worn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Listening to birds chirping outside my window.. and it’s only 5 am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The tide of time has changed and they know it... lighter longer all the way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, most of all good health!

Too many people just copy & paste random **** so I wanted to thank you all personally. You are the best pilates group anyone could ask for. Helen xx

woke up feeling great and we just had family brunch and going out walking now..

lovely eve had last night - we had a wee soiree with Jools et al for entertainment..

Happy New Year everyone... wishing you all love, good health and contentment.. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My aunt just called in with a loin of venison for me. Shot, butchered and hung by my cousin. I LOVE venison so this is basically the best Christmas present I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nice day with family, like Christmas Day it’s spent with family, nice lunch and entertainment… melt in your mouth roast beef with all the trimmings …. Going to spend the evening doing SFA..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Spent NYE in a pub for the first time since 2001. Loads of people I knew were in attendance as two of my friends were celebrating a joint big birthday. Had a very enjoyable night. One guy was drinking Bacardi with Bacardi Breezer as the mixer - great to see.

Seeing a parking ticket on the car of some asshole who parks in a disabled parking space without a permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭4Ad

My spotted my first Snowdrop in my garden today...Spring is on it's way !!

Th that season 3 of Happy Valley has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I got my refund for my 50 euro app that didn't work.

Much less hassle than I thought. I suppose you could say it is trivial thing that made me haah....APP....eeeee.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

fab day hanging out with friends today.. nice way to wrap up the festive season,..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

€500 One4All from work today (because I earn pittance), but it's paying for my PSVR2 in Feb. Yurt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Discovering that season two of Hunters starts next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

thanks for reminding. Now I just need to remember everything that happened in season 1. a rewatch may be required.

IKEA… whoever invented it, genius…. A furniture / homeware store that when you say they have ‘everything’ it should be everything AND more…

had a dental appt today - so glad i have him.. not only is he competent at his job but v sympathetic too....

woo hoo..

Same….Great thing is nowadays with social media and the overall accessibility the public have to information, reviews and first hand experiences…. A dodgy dentist won’t last, he won’t be too long in business …. Mine is class too, very lucky as you say….the entirety of his staff are brilliantly professional, friendly from those working as….reception / admin, hygienist, nurses… literally zero stress in going there…. The complete opposite to the moron I had in my teens… if I met him, he’d be in his late sixties or early seventies now but Id still be tempted to fûck him head first under a train such was the trauma, aggression and unpleasantness…. 🙄 a ghoul and some.

So trivial…..3 port USB charger… simply a sweet invention which I never knew existed till yesterday 😵‍💫🤷‍♂️🫣… tablet, phone and massage gun all charging together… be great for traveling in particular… 8 euros in IKEA. BARGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday celebrating Nollag na mBan. One person in the village messaged the various local social media groups and organised a walk to a local pub.

So about 50 women of all ages turned up. Lots of new faces and friends made. A 2 mile walk to a local pub for a light meal, lots of fun and laughter.

The few men present, who were hoping for a quiet drink after work, joined in the talk and fun. We are not sexist.

Home by 8pm., having managed to organise lifts for everyone as the roads were too dangerous for the return walk. And no, we were all still sober, well, the drivers were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

USB is great. Have a couple of devices that have custom plugs, connectors that have to be found and juggled. And are useless if the plug or connector is lost. It's just another way the manufacturer ties you into their product. Viva la USB 😸

Advertisement