Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

oh wow - thats happiness right there eh?! enjoy..

brings me back to when I was a wee lass... around 6/7... when Dad got in from all his farming chores at night, i'd sit on his lap in my wee nurses outfit that santa brought me.. and check his obs with my toy stethoscope, thermometer etc.. he was the best Dad in the world (to me)..

those memories and the love are priceless.. so yeah.. savour them yourdeadright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Had reason to take two taxis in Dublin today. It’s a very rare thing for me. Both drivers were so polite and helpful and cars were spotless. Not too expensive either. An unexpected source of happiness in an otherwise tense day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

i dozed off watching soccer , only to wake up just as utd conceded a 90th minute equaliser.😬🫤😬😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was watching that… United should have been 3-0 up.. butchered a sitter, an open goal 5 yards out practically minutes before and had other opportunities…

free United gave away was pure lazy defending… you want to foul the clown, do it away further from goal…don’t wait until it’s in range.

Sounds like me when I was young. I got a 2nd dinner when daddy came home from work to stop me eating his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Seeing some random stranger in public trying to stifle a laugh about whatever is in their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I saw the photo first before reading the caption. I thought he was a guest posing with the bride.

Fair play to him 👏

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Spoke too soon... that was just a flash in the pan but just back fully... HATE being cut off like that. Good ISP is Westnet! The original damage was that shocking lightning storm that apparently damaged the dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got to use the €200 voucher I had for Argos (before they abandon Ireland). There wasn't really anything I wanted but I got a headset for the computer, a phone for my landline (even though I don't use it, but that's partly because I didn't have the phone), two presents for nephews even though their birthdays aren't for a while, and some memory storage thingies. Oh, and earbuds.

I think I was more happy that I used the voucher than having the actual things. 😄

• Advertisement

I went to my opticon and picked up my glasses. And can now read all the books I got to past the time.

When winter started kicking in properly I started appraising my winter wardrobe… i went to look for my favourite designer woolly hat / scarf combo. I can find the hat, but the scarf is awol…. This morning about 3 months later I’m tearing my wardrobe apart for something else and IN my document box, is the scarf and the document I’m after !! So double result…. But the mystery as to how the scarf ended up amongst a load of administrative papers inside a storage box is quite the trivial mystery…

The deep peace out here, Not a whisper of a sound outside..shhhh! Sweetest HUSH. It spreads inside, Cats are deep in sleep on my feet abed and I will soon join them....

our oscar nominations.. woo hoo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Went out to the garden yesterday, crawled in like an oul wan. Back out today, and could feel the muscles loosening up. More again tomorrow!

Not well just now so abed most of the day. My cat loves to curl up on the pillow by my head. And that moment when in his sleep he reaches out a velvet paw and so gently strokes my cheek with a resounding purrrr

beautiful red sky this am - the drive to the office - view over the river was glorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Snap. Funny how the muscles seize up when not used. I believe gardening is one of the best ways of keeping fit as long as one varies the tasks during the day.

Spring is reallllly in the air today - the birdsong is fab

Old Irish blessing re firein thehearth and food in the eating place.... a safe roof and a good door. A snug bed Ah what a wonderfully simple day ahead... Yawn! Ah why not! A stroll by the ocean then back abed ... Still a little yarn left to knit..youtube ... all that is needed and more so yes happy...

See thee all again at some stage! Stay safe and happy Saturday

• Advertisement

twas my friend's Birthday yday.. a bunch of us went out to celebrate with her yday eve - lovely time had - wonderful setting - great people (the chats were wonderful) and nice food..

so good to be able to do these nice things again... still appreciating them much more now #pandemic

Post edited by sporina on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

fergal.b's boat was finally found yesterday!

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120170200/#Comment_120170200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ordered something from UK that cost €200.

Was expecting to pay the bones of another €100 when customs got their hands on it but they put a value of €20.76 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Murderpedia has some decent and uncensored crime pictures that you don’t usually get to see easily. Very interesting

Happy St. Brigid's Day to you all.. participated in a cross making workshop this eve for the day that is in it.. twas really empowering.. v proud to be and Irish woman.. and my 2nd name is Brigid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I made bread in my new bread maker. I could have devoured it all in one go, bloody gorgeous.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was in the supermarket earlier and there was a little girl singing, in a high clear voice 'if you're happy and you know it clap your hands.'

She made loads of people smile. 😁

awe thats fab..

in our house at home it twas "if your happy in your nappy clap your hands" lol

passed a kid in a buggy with their Mum yday too and they wer singing something sweet also - made me smile..

I thought to myself "I hope that sense of contentment stays with them for a long time"

Just being snug abed with knitting ready to pick up,,,, choosing what to watch on youtube,, We need so little and have so much.. Or maybe just.... switch the light off and sleep... Freedom is a happy..

• Advertisement

i had to send a rather important email tonight…. That included some financial figures… having ‘sent it’ I’ve a nagging feeling that something isn’t correct… it was done when I got home, tired as fûck…stupidly…. I frantically search my outbox, and sent, no sign… check drafts…. As a last resort and it’s there, complete with an error that was of a financial variety and 5 figures out…. Nobody would have died and apart and embarrassing myself with the blunder and looking drunk or incapacitated…no harm would’ve been done….still,

Advertisement