Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Wild garlic season. Got a lovely haul earlier and having my favourite people over for a delicious wild garlic chicken dinner this evening 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Love wild garlic and there is lots growing in a woodland walk nearby.

But I won't have it in the garden as it would take over and probably invade the house.

Landowner doesn't mind people walking responsibly on the trail and gathering it. He is tolerant of dogs on a lead and not allowed stray from the path. Hope no one abuses this pleasure walk and we find ourselves fenced out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,615 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Meeting my favourite cousin tomorrow for a nice relaxing lunch in our favourite pub to cap a busy, slightly challenging but superbly successful week….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with the husband of a colleague, who told me that he and some of the "boys on the site" were building/ decoration a room that can be maneuverer into a specific sized larger room by the back door of a local to them charity shop.

This was to enable the kids who were buying their communion/confirmation clothes from there, to feel like they were in a special shop(and not a charity shop)

The building team are using recyclable materials their clients have let them have for this project. Saving money they spent on paint/flooring etc.

Some people are too good!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

sunshine - and off out for a hike woo hoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought i was a good forager, wild mushrooms, fruit etc but id never heard of wild garlic .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

After that cold and rain yesterday...

Sitting in the warm sun with a cup of coffee.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Drove down to see my parents yesterday and drove back home today.

Smash Hits '92 CD1 on the way down, CD2 on the way back.

A perfect snapshot of pop in 1992.

https://www.discogs.com/release/4409790-Various-Smash-Hits-92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

hike with mates in the beautiful Kerry.. nature.. sunshine.. good food.. health - nothing trivial but hey ho.. off to zzz v v content hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Do you remember the yearly 'Now' cassette tapes (later cds?)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes! There's been a few of those.

In 1993, they released a 10 volume compilation called the 10th Anniversary series. 2CDs / 2MCs each covering 1983 to 1992.

In 1999, they put out a 20 volume Millennium series. Each one had 2 CDs covering 1980 to 1999.

Since 2021, they are releasing a Yearbook series. 4 CDs for each year (or a cut-down 3 LP selection) plus a follow-up Extra volume containing 3 CDs. So far they have done 1983, 1984, 1982, 1981, 1980, 1979, 1985 & 1986 plus a mop-up 1980-1984 Final Chapter selection. 1978 is due at the end of April. This is the best series that they have ever put out - https://www.discogs.com/label/2583262-Now-Yearbook

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Goodigal

Spent the weekend on a retreat beside an amazing stretch of beach. The walks were amazing, the people I met were great company and I got to switch off entirely. Loved it!

Lyrics and poetry that hit you and reveal some deep truth about life.

When cold sore cream stops a cold sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭appledrop

Looking at the sheets out on the washing line blowing in the wind for the first time this year because its finally stopped raining and spring has finally sprung!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Listening to my little Alfie snoring his head off, he is so content and happy in his own world 🥰

Clearing out one of my wardrobes and found a brand new pair of grey converse in their box that i bought before the pandemic… that I’d forgotten about … bought a black pair with them and just wore them a lot and forgot about the others. So that’s about 75 quid saved…

Snooping around for sugar rush after my pizza and found chocolate hobnobs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Jested into a supermarket on my way back from midlands hq, walking out of the shop into the car park and was slapped in the face by the scent of salt air from the coast a few k away.

Such a clean stimulating scent.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

chocolate from work for Easter.. (tis the thought that counts).. then a fab dinner with a good mate in the eve.. wait a min.. we need a "things that make you happy" thread - as none of these are trivial

I won £5.40 on euromilliions , which technically means I only lost .60 😬

I promise I’ll not let it go to my head 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

The extra tracks and trails worn into the grass everywhere during covid with people walking away from paths, seem to have finally all regrown and disappeared. Yeay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pretty cool looking out this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That it's Easter Sunday tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Spam texts telling me I have been recorded using the motorway without paying the approprite charges and to visit a clearly fake site to pay in order to avoid an exhorbitant fine being sent to my home address.

oooops, should have posted this in the other thread 🤭

Jurgen Klopp, celebrating his own player missing a penalty….🤣 Decided to make a point to not to watch it like the drama lama he is… turns his back, all for effect…misinterpreted the reaction of his supporters, started celebrating even though Salah shanks it two foot wide… funniest thing I’ve seen for a while…

• Advertisement

had a fab boogie in a nightclub last night woo hoo.. felt so good..

Advertisement