Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,612 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

this thread hasn’t seen a post in 4 days, 😝 that’s trviially unbelievable.

anyway, my TH is that after downloading the latest update on my tablet, it wouldn’t install properly…. I’ve spent the guts of 90 minutes troubleshooting stuff on my phone. Eventually it downloaded but stopped at about 99.5% for what must have been 25 minutes…. Can’t turn the tablet back on and can’t complete the download sooo. I’m thinking I have to go to Harvey Norman anyway later as..my tablet , only a couple of years old is now…apparently fûcked….

but just as I’m about to as a last resort try the reboot, finger literally on the home key, the screen goes black, then illuminates back with logo, not only is it back working but the update has installed ok …

slight TA though about 25 minutes to update a tablet ? Wifi is good here…come on !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with a casual acquaintance about this situation in NI, as she is from there originally and I lived on the border on and off for a few years in the troubles.

She is very enthusiastic about what she is certain about a UI, I am less so, as I said to her "I remember paisley snr and don't believe leopards change their spots" Only when we parted ways it dawned on me the joy of being able to use shorthand with ppl you know and do understand it without explanation.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Being useless at DIY I procured some help from my Dad to wall mount my TV a much nicer height… when I say helped, he did it, I looked on and occasionally held / lifted stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People confusing Eir, Microsoft & "Visa" scammers by reciting their order for a takeaway

"Hi, I'm Jacob calling you from Eir. We have noticed a problem with your broadband"

"Thanks Jacob, could I have chicken tikka masala, chicken korma, lamb vindaloo, 3 naan breads and 4 pilau rice"

Repeat as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Goodigal

Evening stroll with my boys at Castletown Parklands. Hardly anyone around and the birdsong was fab. Plus nobody gave out!!! TH right there 😏

• Advertisement

A nice weekend,

some of it active but a lot of it relaxing, great sport on TV, soccer, snooker, cricket and the football….hopefully the next one is as good…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was out with friends the other day and we all backed a horse for the national.

They were all studying form, ground,trainers, jockeys etc.

I told one of my friends move the newspaper about and I'll close my eyes and pick whichever horse my finger lands on.

So I got a horse called Top Dog.

He came 5th and I got a profit of €45 while the others won nothing 🤭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the Liverpool game is today and not yesterday . The reason ?? Monaghan and Liverpool never seem to win on the same day , and beating Tyrone was definitely more important 😬

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A lovely sunny day and a bunch of fresh flowers - make me TH 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cherry blossom trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

The amount of cherry blossom trees around the place is class this time of year.

I know Japan has the reputation for being the cherry blossomiest country, but Collins Avenue in Dublin is a fair contender.

Another situation where this thread hasn’t seen a post in 5 days ! 🙈

I’m happy though because as shît as Manchester United played at Wembley, they managed to unusually take and score 7 excellent and unsaveable penalties…to get to the cup final. Happy days indeed.

🥳 Found my second favourite watch that I mislaid two days ago… i spent the last 20 minutes looking at replacements online and I look at the desk lamp beside my computer to change the blown bulb and the watch it’s hiding behind it…..thought it had fallen off at the gym but alas I’m not going to have to replace a 370 euro watch, I’d fully given up on finding it…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭appledrop

Today I came out to see my car covered in cherry blossom flowers and I was delighted, makes a change from it covered in the usually bird poo at this time of year😁

Scent of gorse in warm spring weather.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Made me smile too today, I was walking out of my estate and the path was covered in cherry blossoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

TH getting predictions/guesses right

am guessing ya had €25 each way @ 14/1 on The Big Dog 😂

Fresh tasty healthy food.

You can literally feel your body thanking you for it.

Robin singing his head off in the garden. Think I'll have to charge the neighbours for it. We give them robins singing. They give us dogs barking and angle grinders.

😁😁😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Finally found the pair of reading glasses that went missing a couple of months ago. I've been putting off buying a replacement because they were very expensive. They were right beside the chair I sit on every day. Dont know how i've missed them up until now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You probably couldn't see them on account of your glasses having gone missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't have that excuse. They are reading glasses and I did have another pair.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then you just made a spectacle of yourself. :pac:

Opening the front windows this morning to the lovely smell of the freshly cut grass on the green.

New lawnmower arrived 😁

Old lawnmower after years of abuse still working and grass cut. It's like a tank. It's no longer self propelled, need to get that fixed if I can, so I have to push it. Bonus exercise too ! Saves on gym membership.

Yeah my old one was 20 years old and self propeller gone with a couple of years.

A couple of other issues too and I promised last year, next time something goes in it I'll buy a new one which was last week.

New one has a mulcher and the blade is 2inches(20inch) bigger which made more of a difference cutting the grass than I expected.

One more lawnmower related TH.

Although this could be just as much a TA as a TH.

Garage up the road from me.

Went there yesterday for a litre of oil for the lawnmower.

€22 😮

Thought F*** that.

Popped into town to local motorfactors.

1litre of oil- €10.

Some difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sent an email to a breakers yard yesterday seeking parts.

Got response on same day saying they didn’t have them. The TH is that an Irish company responded to the email in a timely manner.

• Advertisement

TA….Lost a pair of my favourite Rayban sunglasses…. Checked everywhere, nowhere to be found but a TH is that to replace them is costing me 67.50. Which is sweet as they were 135 euros. RayBan have a sale on so just now they were half price. 😎😅… I can take that as I don’t think I could justify splashing out 135 euros when I have two other pairs….

Advertisement