Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Bank holiday weekend here in the UK.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My Dad claims not to be an animal lover but he cooks two sausages for my dog every single Saturday and Sunday morning 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sent an email to a business requesting info, slightly detailed ….hit send , and about 2 seconds later the battery of my tablet dies but it was sent…. 🤪. Timing good for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Was walking up Henry street in Dublin earlier and there was one of these religious type bands playing, they had a guy with a camera filming the performance. What they didn't seem to realise was that they were playing across the street from the Anne Summers shop and the shops display could be seen in the reflection of the window behind them.

review of a pub on SM, im going to 25 years. The author slated it. A bitchy piece not smart or eloquent. If its a genuine experience ok. My guess is it’s not, only a hatchet job to get notoriety for their reviews which tend to instead of being constructive or informative try too hard to be ’edgy’, flamingly bad spirited, tabloidy , snarky & attention seeking…

I went to not as a way of criticising but more of an alternate view put a positive slant of my own time spent there..last was just this week..all hell breaks loose, the author and one or two fan boys, losing their cool and being mad with me & others just because our opinion is in contrast to theirs 🤪. Fun yet pathetic how psycho these absolute weirdo tools get because people have a different opinion, about a pub. 😋

• Advertisement

A certain financial institution…I was firstly nearly about to cry streaming tears of joy on being put through to in about 5 seconds of going on hold…….

a person in Ireland, with a perfectly eloquent understanding and ability to communicate in their native English, who wasn’t reading from a pre written call centre script and instead of asking me 16 scripted questions just said.. “ how may I help “… listened to my query and request…replied in a detailed professional, proactive manner, information from their trained and intelligent brain as opposed to a script on a screen….and 30 seconds later, problem is 1000% fixed…. 😅

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That couldn't possibly have happened, you must've dreamt it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭growleaves

Earlier today it was sunny but also just cool enough that the air was really refreshing. Perfect on-the-cusp-of-autumn day.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

A big Irish arse in an obscenely tight pair of leggings, or as my brother says in bemusement at my tastes in the opposite sex, a "sloppy arse". Absolutely love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m happy with my wordle score

and i can now go to bed happy 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Was raining heavily when I got up so I resigned myself to having to drive to work and pay for parking. I normally walk. I then noticed that the forecast for this evening was for dry weather which is doubly annoying as I would have to drive the car home.

When I came out of the house and went to get in the car, I noticed that the rain was now very light, barely a drizzle. I decided to chance it and walk in and within a couple of minutes it had completely stopped. There was a tailback of cars for most of the way in, I passed them on foot with a spring in my step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a toasted sandwich. made in the microwave. pure witchcraft.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

How the heck did you manage that?

Snazzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

My sister has three cats and when i drive my mother down to visit her, her three cats come around me all the time. I had a cat myself before, and in fact those cats of hers are the mother and siblings of the one i had. All of them are black and fluffy as well. They're very friendly.

Very snazzy but at €25 a-bit pricey for me , especially when I have a sandwich toaster . I must start back my baked potato in the microwave . A couple of minutes, add beans and cheese with a bit of butter. Yum

You could probably achieve the same by wrapping the sandwich in tinfoil first, then in a couple of silicone pot covers/lids or a silicone baking sheet, making sure it's well folded around the tinfoil. Mind you, I wouldn't want to try it in my own microwave....

A lovely cappuccino, with the right milk-to-coffee ratio, drinkable, not made from lava, and a gorgeous creamy foam with almost invisible bubbles, not suds-like. And a pleasantly-shaped, heavy steel spoon that makes eating the foam a treat.

Post edited by New Home on

I bought bread today , but the only loaf small enough was batch , which doesn’t toast in a sandwich maker well . All other options were big loaves that I’d never eat before they were blue molded .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A client who is leaving our service forever gave me a huge jar of olives, with the pits still in.

The jar easily holds 2 pints.

Its not just the rare appreciation but the though that went into the gift.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A stupid joke just made my morning…

” friend rang me in tears, his wife has left him, taken his Bob Marley collection and his satellite dish, poor bastard, no woman no sky.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Love it. Have shared it and already got a few laughs 👍👍👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

My daughter made flapjacks. They are amazing 😋😋😋❤️

Damn it, I wanted to post this in the TA thread... Sorry folks.

A free Monday, rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Lunch in our suntrap back garden today, yesterday a swim in Balcarrik beach golden sand and safe, then walked a bit of the cliff path, that fella with the raised deck with all the flags overlooking the beach must have one of the best beachside properties in Ireland.

Post edited by mariaalice on

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

Trying to teach my 12 year old how to play card games my Nanna used to play with us. Great memories. Plus he beat me a few times ☺

That’s great @Goodigal I remember rather than just hand my children their tablets I played chess and connect 4 . They loved it . I’ll teach them 45 soon 😷

• Advertisement

Looking forward to a clothing splurge tomorrow ahead of a couple of trips… smart casual aspects of my wardrobe need updating / additions… favourite label that normally is selling jeans for 120-130 euros has a sale on with jeans just 65 euros so I’m hoping they have my size in store.

Advertisement